PDA

View Full Version : BRP was no help

gubby
02-23-2016, 05:46 PM
This is my first post so bear with me....I have a2012 rts se5 called my dealer about the heat recall he was told by can-am no way recall is for 2013 only ,but thanks to this form I had the recall #,s

recall was done by dealer and I told him I had adjustable vents which I should be entitled to a refund. This is what Can AM wrote him "Just because we provide updates and improvement for models does not mean we need to provide reimbursement for other accessories. The customer can use the new scoops or take off the scoop kit and use his defectors if he prefers." This makes no sense to me because if I were to put the vents back on Would I not have two big holes??????? Thanks for all your help.

Gubby

jaherbst
02-23-2016, 06:14 PM
I think you should be grateful they did the Vent Recall for you as a "Gesture of Goodwill". I had a 2013 RTS and the recall was only for that year. I too bought the vents but traded for a 2014 before recall was done for me.

Remember "If you never expect Anything you will never be Disappointed"

Jack

finless
02-23-2016, 06:18 PM
The full recall is for the 2013 RT only!

BRP then offered just the air scoops for other years 2010-1012 as a good will gesture. It's NOT a recall for those years!

For 2013's users did get some benefit payback for the adjustable vents. For other years that does not apply since again it's not a recall and just a "nice thing" BRP is doing.

Bob

Bob Denman
02-23-2016, 06:20 PM
:welcome: YES!! You should have been reimbursed for the cost of your adjustable lowers... :gaah:
Tell the dealer to call BRP, and be there when they make the call...
Good luck; please let us know how this all works out! :thumbup:

finless
02-23-2016, 06:21 PM
:welcome: YES!! You should have been reimbursed for the cost of your adjustable lowers... :gaah:
Tell the dealer to call BRP, and be there when they make the call...
Good luck; please let us know how this all works out! :thumbup:

Not on a 2012....

Bob

gubby
02-23-2016, 06:39 PM
t
Not on a 2012....

Bob
this bike is still under brp warranty

Spacetrucker
02-23-2016, 06:43 PM
On 12 the heat was never any trouble. Ridding in tx ,and all over the west and east. Never cook my but or legs. I ride in shorts all them. So if they put them on. Be happy. The wings will help with the air on you really good. So you have bout keep them on. You can get some parts to fit them on with the scoops, it can be done for shure. Have a great riding year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M109Dreamer
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
I called a couple of weeks ago and BRP said no to the recall and I had stated that we have been complaining about the heat issue since we had it new. Its a 2011 RTS/SE5. For the cost, Ill just buy them myself and install them. I dont think any other years will ever be included. IMO the recall was strictly based on the PD's Spyder catching fire. Even though others have as well. We just dont have the voice of a PD that just bought them to replace their bikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

MRH
02-23-2016, 07:08 PM
I think you were pretty fortunate to get the work done for free. There's a thing that happens when a company steps up and tries to do the right thing where the customer still ends up unhappy because they didn't get absolutely everything they wanted, and the company just settles back and wonders "why bother at all" when the end is still a post that says "BRP was no help".

BRP has a hit and miss record of customer service (that is clearly improving), but in this case I think we should be appreciative of the rather expensive modification they paid for instead of the far more minor cost of the vents (which you can likely sell here for at least half of what you paid for them). I think we want to encourage the kind of courtesy they showed you in making the modification to a 2012.

While your glass might not be running over, it is certainly far past half full and from where I sit BRP was of a great deal of help to you.

Chupaca
02-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Seems to me they were a great help. They are getting better and more involved but as we all know they cannot please everyone. You got more than you bargained for but less than you wanted. Your the winner here...

finless
02-23-2016, 10:24 PM
I called a couple of weeks ago and BRP said no to the recall and I had stated that we have been complaining about the heat issue since we had it new. Its a 2011 RTS/SE5. For the cost, Ill just buy them myself and install them. I dont think any other years will ever be included. IMO the recall was strictly based on the PD's Spyder catching fire. Even though others have as well. We just dont have the voice of a PD that just bought them to replace their bikes.

SEVERAL people in my area have had the scoops added by a dealer for free on 2010-2012...

So it is done... not sure why your getting a hard time about it.

Bob

M109Dreamer
02-23-2016, 10:25 PM
SEVERAL people in my area have had the scoops added by a dealer for free on 2010-2012...

So it is done... not sure why your getting a hard time about it.

Bob
Well I did call BRP direct. We just moved to the Dallas, TX. Might try and find a dealer here and see what they say.

Highwayman2013
02-23-2016, 11:11 PM
I had the scoops put on our 2012 at the dealer for zero cost. I was NOT reimbursed for the adjustable air deflectors, so I sold them.

freeman1952
02-24-2016, 08:38 AM
The full recall is for the 2013 RT only!

BRP then offered just the air scoops for other years 2010-1012 as a good will gesture. It's NOT a recall for those years!

For 2013's users did get some benefit payback for the adjustable vents. For other years that does not apply since again it's not a recall and just a "nice thing" BRP is doing.

Bob

I recently acquired a used 2013 RT Limited that the selling dealer is "pretty sure" has had the recall performed, but has no record.
I checked the VIN through the BRP site and it says there are no open recalls on it.
But how does one determine if the recall has indeed been performed? Has something overt been added or something removed?
Thanking you.

Bob Denman
02-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Not on a 2012....

Bob

:shocked: You're 100% correct; I was thinking of the process for the 2013s... :opps:
(Sorry...)
Since it's a completely elective deal for the other years; keep your adjustable deflectors, and try selling them to another RT owner.

oldguyinTX
02-24-2016, 09:35 AM
I recently acquired a used 2013 RT Limited that the selling dealer is "pretty sure" has had the recall performed, but has no record.
I checked the VIN through the BRP site and it says there are no open recalls on it.
But how does one determine if the recall has indeed been performed? Has something overt been added or something removed?
Thanking you.

The dealer can check with BRP to"make sure" that the recall work was done. If your '13 has the scoops, it likely was done. You can also enter your VIN on the NHTSA website to find out.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

BTW, your dealer is either a dope or lazy for not accessing the service records from BRP regarding the recall.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-25-2016, 02:38 AM
Thanking you.

Does it have these air scoops? If so, the recall was done. If not, it wasn't done.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124774&stc=1

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-25-2016, 02:45 AM
t
this bike is still under brp warranty
The heat recall work is not a warranty job on the 2012. It was an optional goodwill job that included only installing the air scoops, nothing more. The heat recall work on the 2013 involved changes to the fuel evaporative control system plus the air scoops and was pretty much mandatory, not optional. Big difference.

freeman1952
02-25-2016, 08:47 PM
It does indeed have the scoops shown, so I feel better about it.
Thanks for pointing that out.[
QUOTE=IdahoMtnSpyder;1095324]Does it have these air scoops? If so, the recall was done. If not, it wasn't done.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124774&stc=1[/QUOTE]