PDA

View Full Version : The Daytona Duels' Sponsor

MikeT
02-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Is/was Can-Am. They must be doing very well with sales in the US to be the brand sponsor for the 2-Duel races that filled the field for Sunday's Great American Race.

SpyderAnn01
02-18-2016, 11:51 PM
I didn't see any commercials for them, or maybe I just missed them. I did see the Can-Am F3 sign on top of the winners car though.

robtdonna
02-19-2016, 12:10 AM
And they are sponsoring the #32 car driven by Bobby Labonte. But was also surprised at lack of commercials during an event they sponsored.

Bob Denman
02-19-2016, 07:47 AM
:dontknow: I've been thinking the same thing...:dontknow:
Although in the F-3 Turbo video; Jeffrey Earnhardt mentioned HIS Spyder... Perhaps we're being set up for Sunday's race.

Trbayth
02-19-2016, 08:04 AM
I didn't see any commercials for them, or maybe I just missed them. I did see the Can-Am F3 sign on top of the winners car though.

I didn't see any either Ann. Normally you can't have a commercial break without seeing one from the major sponsor.

Very strange.

jtoro1
02-19-2016, 08:06 AM
I was expecting to see the can am turbo bike commercial

ingramwc
02-20-2016, 04:45 PM
I did not see any Can Am commercials!!!!! Strange sponsorship, no plugs!!!!!

Bob Denman
02-20-2016, 05:49 PM
:shocked: Selling; by NOT selling... how novel is THAT?? :thumbup:

latony007
02-22-2016, 02:21 PM
which is odd because last year when they were not sponsoring the duels they did have a couple commercials. This year there was none but you did hear the announcers say the "can am duels" a lot. Im glad to see them involved but think the commercials would be more usefull. Maybe the race sponsership was less money. I think if they really want to make a splash they should have paid nascar whatever they wanted to be the pace "vehicle"
in the duels. Pretty sure its out of the question for a regular race but might have been able to squeak it in for the duels.

Tight finish but boring race this year. They got rid of the tandem car drafting from a few years ago and back to the pack racing but in the old pack racing there was a lot more passing and you could go from back to front easy. Now it takes much longer and passing the leader is really tough. They need to tweak on it again.