PDA

View Full Version : Need Electrical help!!!!!

bscrive
02-15-2016, 08:27 PM
I am hooking up a Shark stereo on my wife's F3, and I don't have power at any of the accessory points. I have found all three accessory wires, and checked for power with the key on as well as when the bike is running. I have checked the fuse, and I don't seem to have any power there as well. I checked both sides of the 10A fuse, and there is no power when the key is on nor when the bike is running.

Does anyone have any ideas??

I only see one relay in the fuse box, and all the other fuses have power. I am stumped on this one. I need the electrical gurus out there.

Brian

stebrock
02-16-2016, 09:15 PM
What are you using for the "power" check and exactly how are you doing it? When working there will only be power with motor running.

bscrive
02-16-2016, 10:08 PM
What are you using for the "power" check and exactly how are you doing it? When working there will only be power with motor running.

I am using a test light to check the fuse, and wires. I already tried checking it when the bike was running, and there was no power.

Thanks for replying.

Lamonster
02-17-2016, 09:51 AM
The power only works when it's running unless you use the GPS power plug then it works with the key on and doesn't need to be running.

stebrock
02-17-2016, 09:55 AM
The power only works when it's running unless you use the GPS power plug then it works with the key on and doesn't need to be running.
Lamont,
Which connection are you calling the GPS power plug?

Lamonster
02-17-2016, 09:56 AM
Lamont,
Which connection are you calling the GPS power plug?

The one on the right side under the seat and behind the side panel.

bscrive
02-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Thanks Lamont. I will try that. I wanted a switched power that would work with the engine not running. Although, I didn't have power at the 'Customer Accessory' points, nor the fuse even with the engine running.

The wiring on my wife's F3 is really weird. I even found that the power wire for one of the signal lights was on the black wire!!!! The wires were switched on each side of the connector. :banghead:\

johnnyg
02-17-2016, 06:27 PM
By pass the f3 system an run a hot wire off the battery using a 2 amp fuse. I have two big bot horns hook up that way, my wife radio an running lights plus road light an have had no problems.

stebrock
02-18-2016, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Lamonster;1092393]The one on the right side under the seat and behind the side panel.[/QUO

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?77918-F3-tech-tip&highlight=side+power+connection

This post is listed under F3 Tech Help. It shows the connection Lamont is talking about

bscrive
02-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I got the stereo hooked up and now I have a happy wife.

Now...if only Lamont would get in those mirror relocator kits. That is the only thing left to do. :yes::yes:

loisk
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Ive diligently read all the posts, just one point of clarification -

Is it ok to run amp for stereo from this gps plug ?

Boss amp we have has 10 amp fuse.

Bruce B
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Ive diligently read all the posts, just one point of clarification -

Is it ok to run amp for stereo from this gps plug ?

Boss amp we have has 10 amp fuse.

Sorry no as the GPS plug has a 5 amp fuse for that circuit.
For more information go to ROAD SIDE REPAIRS in your owners manual.

loisk
03-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Thank you Bruce, I thought it sounded too easy...