PDA

View Full Version : Just making sure before I order this t**e

Pampurrs
02-15-2016, 05:28 PM
I know everyone hates tire threads, but I just want to make sure this is the correct size for the rear of my 2015 RT.

I'm close to 16,000 miles on my Spyder, and the tread on the rear tire is at 4mm. I was hoping to go at least a year on the rear tire, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I've been following many of the tire threads, and have concluded that the General Altimax is the best choice for me.

This is the tire that I found on Amazon. Please let me know this is the correct size before I click on the order button. Please, no arguments about my choice of tire, I just want to verify the size.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5B2JX6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZQONV6VSHA3R&coliid=I3HP1UQ5QFD4TK

Bob Denman
02-15-2016, 05:39 PM
:thumbup: You're good to go!
That's just a little bit taller than the 225/55-15, but most folks say that the change makes their speedometer read more accurately!
I think that Dee and Mike run this rear tire...

Highwayman2013
02-15-2016, 05:46 PM
You're good, I run the same size.

kbwitt
02-15-2016, 07:07 PM
I know everyone hates tire threads, but I just want to make sure this is the correct size for the rear of my 2015 RT.

I'm close to 16,000 miles on my Spyder, and the tread on the rear tire is at 4mm. I was hoping to go at least a year on the rear tire, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I've been following many of the tire threads, and have concluded that the General Altimax is the best choice for me.

This is the tire that I found on Amazon. Please let me know this is the correct size before I click on the order button. Please, no arguments about my choice of tire, I just want to verify the size.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5B2JX6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZQONV6VSHA3R&coliid=I3HP1UQ5QFD4TK
Pam I have a brand new yohkohama I bought from discount tire. Got here to late for my trip. So had to have a tire put on in Michigan. I paid 120.00 sell to you for $ 80.00. I live in Gilbert about 2 miles from your VFW post.

Pampurrs
02-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Pam I have a brand new yohkohama I bought from discount tire. Got here to late for my trip. So had to have a tire put on in Michigan. I paid 120.00 sell to you for $ 80.00. I live in Gilbert about 2 miles from your VFW post.

I'm not familiar with that tire. :dontknow:

kbwitt
02-15-2016, 07:19 PM
5familiar with that tire. :dontknow:[/QUOTE]
205/55R15 there great tire. I ordreded it from Discount Tire on cooper across from Frys because i had such a good ride on a toyota car with them long lasting good smooth quite ride with great tracking.
Ken I said 80. Should of said $75

kbwitt
02-15-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm not familiar with that tire. :dontknow:
Feel free to call if you have questions or just want to take a look at it. 480 717 8119

jaherbst
02-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Tire size should be in the owners manual and on the tire itself.

Jack

Pampurrs
02-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Feel free to call if you have questions or just want to take a look at it. 480 717 8119

Ok, let me do a bit of research on it and I'll get back to you. Do you have one on your RT now?

Pam

Pampurrs
02-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Tire size should be in the owners manual and on the tire itself.

Jack

What page in the manual does it tell what size General Altimax I should buy?

Thank you

kbwitt
02-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Ok, let me do a bit of research on it and I'll get back to you. Do you have one on your RT now?

Pam
No I wish I did its a 2014 rt . I was in upper Mi small town no tire stores, had to go to a can am dealer in Menominee Wi. Only had stock tires but they were very nice and took great care of me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-15-2016, 07:32 PM
You're good, I run the same size.
:bdh::bdh::bdh:.....:roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:.... , I know but I'm not talking , Mike

Pampurrs
02-15-2016, 07:35 PM
I know but I'm not talking , Mike

Thank the lord for that.

Fortunately, I've already gotten my answer from the intelligent segment of the community.

Pam

Chupaca
02-15-2016, 11:58 PM
The masses have spoken..:chat: your good to go...:ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Mike,
Was I correct about the tire? :D

(I'm running the stock 225/55-15 size, with "Kumho" on the side of it! :thumbup:)

ulflyer
02-16-2016, 08:15 AM
http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/general/altimax-rt43/p/tv121000770

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 09:16 AM
http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/general/altimax-rt43/p/tv121000770
How much do they charge for shipping though? With Amazon Prime shipping is free.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Highwayman2013
02-16-2016, 09:21 AM
:bdh::bdh::bdh:.....:roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:.... , I know but I'm not talking , Mike

:yikes::gaah::hun::chat::barf:

jaherbst
02-16-2016, 09:44 AM
What page in the manual does it tell what size General Altimax I should buy?

Thank you

There are good reasons you should buy a motorcycle tire for a motorcycle and not a car tire. You get what you pay for. $43.00????

Jack

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 09:49 AM
There are good reasons you should buy a motorcycle tire for a motorcycle and not a car tire.

Jack
Like I stated in my post, I'm just verifying the size, not asking for opinions on what brand or type of tire to get. Perhaps you can voice your opinions on another thread.

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Pam,
Jack just doesn't like tire threads anymore... :shocked:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Mike,
Was I correct about the tire? :D

(I'm running the stock 225/55-15 size, with "Kumho" on the side of it! :thumbup:)
.Bob,.. Even though I've just been ELIMINATED as one of the INTELLIGENT people in this community :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: , I don't believe KUMHO makes a tire in 225/55-15........................Unless this is a very NEW tire from them........Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Don't worry about it at all, Mike... :D
Now that the "pressure" is off of you, you can choose to be:
Impish
Silly
Nonsensical
Funny
Petulant
Quizzical
Informative (just not quite "intelligent")
or even useful! :thumbup:

You see my friend: the World is now your oyster! :yes::yes::yes:

Deanna777
02-16-2016, 11:26 AM
:thumbup: You're good to go!
That's just a little bit taller than the 225/55-15, but most folks say that the change makes their speedometer read more accurately!
I think that Dee and Mike run this rear tire...Bob, I am the one that is running the General Altimax RT 43 tire on the rear of my :spyder2:. The size that I am running is: 215/60R15.

Mike is running a different band of tire on his rear of his :spyder2:. Deanna

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 11:32 AM
I knew that it was at least one of you; Thanks! :thumbup:

Deanna777
02-16-2016, 11:34 AM

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5B2JX6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZQONV6VSHA3R&coliid=I3HP1UQ5QFD4TK (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5B2JX6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZQONV6VSHA3R&coliid=I3HP1UQ5QFD4TK[/QUOTE) Pam, I am running the General Altimax RT 43 on the rear of my :spyder2:. Size: 215/60R15 I had a dealership install the tire, last year. I had 5,824 miles on my :spyder2: Deanna

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 11:41 AM
[/URL] Pam, I am running the General Altimax RT 43 on the rear of my :spyder2:. Size: 215/60R15 I had a dealership install the tire, last year. I had 5,824 miles on my :spyder2: Deanna
Thanks Deanna, I thought it was you who was raving about it. I just needed to verify the size [emoji2]

Deanna777
02-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Thanks Deanna, I thought it was you who was raving about it. I just needed to verify the size [emoji2]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using TapatalkPam, Sent PM. Deanna

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
most folks say that the change makes their speedometer read more accurately!

I wonder if it will make my clock more accurate? :roflblack:

Pam

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Pam,

Well, at least my question is Spyder related, which is more than I can say for the majority of the threads I see on here :roflblack:

Jack should learn to do what I do....... sift through the topics you're uninterested in, and focus on those in which you are.:lecturef_smilie:

Pam

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Being one of the "Guiltier" parties in here... :D
All I can say, is that you HAD to see this place six years ago...
We've added a "bit of flavor" to the mix since then! nojoke

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Pam,
It's not that as much as it is Jack is of the community that believes what the manufacturer recommends or sells or specifies in the manual is the best first choice for add on or replacement. There is no second best choice in his book! His view is neither right nor wrong, but worth considering and then either accept or dismiss it as one wishes! :)

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 07:16 PM
...Except that's not how he presents his opinion... :D
While I buy more OEM accessories than most folks; I take exception to the characterization of the Kenda tire as a "best first choice".
My reason: BRP put out the specifications for the tire that they wanted, and Kenda was at best; the low-price bidder.
For all we know; they may have been the only one in the game! :dontknow:
As a manufacturer: they can't put a non-motorcycle tire on a motorcycle (That's what the Feds think that the Spyder is...)
We aren't limited in such a manner, and are free to "Try on other dresses...) :thumbup:

Pampurrs
02-16-2016, 07:37 PM
While I buy more OEM accessories than most folks; I take exception to the characterization of the Kenda tire as a "best first choice".
My reason: BRP put out the specifications for the tire that they wanted, and Kenda was at best; the low-price bidder.
As a manufacturer: they can't put a non-motorcycle tire on a motorcycle (That's what the Feds think that the Spyder is...)
We aren't limited in such a manner, and are free to "Try on other dresses...) :thumbup:

:agree: .... and will also add that I wouldn't be a bit surpised if Kenda is not in some way a financial partner with BRP.

But, since this is not a tire thread we shouldn't be talking about such things. nojoke

Pam

bigbadbrucie
02-16-2016, 08:56 PM

You're right on the money Bob. That holds true with all manufacturers. Lowest price meeting minimum specs wins the prize, plus in the cas of "motorcycles" there is the liability issue as well, so....... Car tires can't be recommended.

jaherbst
02-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Well, at least my question is Spyder related, which is more than I can say for the majority of the threads I see on here :roflblack:

Jack should learn to do what I do....... sift through the topics you're uninterested in, and focus on those in which you are.:lecturef_smilie:

Pam

Careful out there. I'm a little Cranky tonight. Went up to Phoenix today and was exposed to all that traffic and 90* air.:joke:

Jack

bigbadbrucie
02-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Careful out there. I'm a little Cranky tonight. Went up to Phoenix today and was exposed to all that traffic and 90* air.:joke:

Jack

Even though it only got up to 58* here today, 90*for me is just too darned (read that as damned) hot. Glad to hear that your weather is rideable. Then of course there is the traffic. Oh well, it could be worse......you could be in a cage.

Highwayman2013
02-16-2016, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyVgaFE8-s

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Time will tell. I took time recently to discuss Spyder tires with a large tire manufacturer. Seems BRP may be shopping for a new tire supplier. Word is the company already sells a proven car tire that will comply with the rear tire requirements and they are testing fronts. Might be untrue, but seems viable for many reasons.

PK
...........Paul, it would be interesting to learn exactly what are the requirements to LABELING a tire as a Motorcycle Tire.....The Kenda motorcycle tires we use will not fit any normal Motorcycle Rim that I know of.... The beads are completely different .....We already know The Spyder rims are the same as auto rims, because if they weren't there would be rapid failure from putting a car tire on a Spyder rim.....................just a thought .....Mike :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2016, 12:46 AM
...........Paul, it would be interesting to learn exactly what are the requirements to LABELING a tire as a Motorcycle Tire.....The Kenda motorcycle tires we use will not fit any normal Motorcycle Rim that I know of.... The beads are completely different .....We already know The Spyder rims are the same as auto rims, because if they weren't there would be rapid failure from putting a car tire on a Spyder rim.....................just a thought .....Mike :thumbup:
I think I came up with the answer here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?87196-Tires&p=1052945&viewfull=1#post1052945.

PW2013STL
02-17-2016, 07:01 AM

Thanks!

Hi Pampurrs,

Now back to your question. That is the size I have on and it does make the speedo reading closer to my GPS.

I will share my expeareance with this tire. Up to 14,000 miles it was a great tire, but my wife started to notice tire slippage after that. It now has 17,000 miles on it and even though it looks good I consider it too slippery in mosture to be safe so I will be changing to a different brand before riding season starts.
I will be interested in the expeareance of others running this tire as they get around the 14,000 mile mark.

Bob Denman
02-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Even the OEM Kenda starts to give up some grip, once the tread gets a bit "skinny"...
I tired a Falken, and it REALLY lost traction, as it wore down. I think that this is simply what any reasonably wide tire is going to do, when it's stuffed underneath a relatively light vehicle.
Just watch your tread depths, and you should be fine! :thumbup:

jaherbst
02-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Hi Pampurrs,

Now back to your question. That is the size I have on and it does make the speedo reading closer to my GPS.

I will share my expeareance with this tire. Up to 14,000 miles it was a great tire, but my wife started to notice tire slippage after that. It now has 17,000 miles on it and even though it looks good I consider it too slippery in mosture to be safe so I will be changing to a different brand before riding season starts.
I will be interested in the expeareance of others running this tire as they get around the 14,000 mile mark.

I was and am under the impression that M/C tires are of a softer compound for better traction in corners and braking. Harder compounds are much less safe in wet weather also. I am more concerned about the safety and not the mileage I get from tires. If I get anywhere near 10,000 miles on my M/C's or Spyder I am satisfied. After all your tires are what is between you and the pavement. I want the best traction not the mileage. Like everything else in this world, "you buy the ticket and take your chances". Life is simply multiple choices.

Jack

Bob Denman
02-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Jack,
You might be right... for the typical motorcycle tire. :shocked: With it's rounded profile and very small contact surface; it's pretty reasonable to assume that they'll soften the compound to gain grip.
As you know; Spyders are unlike other motorcycles, and use a completely different tire design. They corner like a car, and it would seem equally reasonable to assume that their tires would (or should) reflect that similarity.
Regarding tire life:
My OEM Kenda lasted 5,700 miles. I look for a bit more tire-life, and would be pretty happy, if the rear would last 12,000 miles or so. (enough for at least two seasons of riding.)
I remember having to change rear motorcycle tires at 4 to 5 thousand miles... I never liked the down-time. :gaah:

PW2013STL
02-17-2016, 10:21 AM
I was and am under the impression that M/C tires are of a softer compound for better traction in corners and braking. Harder compounds are much less safe in wet weather also. I am more concerned about the safety and not the mileage I get from tires. If I get anywhere near 10,000 miles on my M/C's or Spyder I am satisfied. After all your tires are what is between you and the pavement. I want the best traction not the mileage. Like everything else in this world, "you buy the ticket and take your chances". Life is simply multiple choices.

Jack

Jack,

I agree and was the first thing we (wife and I) noticed when we switch to a car tire. Our Sypder handled much much better. With the OEM tire in fast curves the rear would skip out and I would have to slow down in order to not make my wife sick.
While in Colorado two years ago ( Owners Event) I had the dealer put on a Kumho car tire and then picked up my wife so we could ride the million dollar hi way and the fist thing she asked me is I had done something to the shocks as it road so much better. I was also able to drive that road a lot faster with out complaint from the wife.

When I owned and rode two wheelers I never would even consider putting a car tire on, but as Bob pointed out our Spyders driving force on the tires is closer to a car then a two wheel motorcycle.

Les

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-17-2016, 10:39 AM
I think I came up with the answer here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?87196-Tires&p=1052945&viewfull=1#post1052945.
....This is very interesting, and you [Quoted ] my post in your answer.......But did you read my ENTIRE post......My understanding of Sec 119....contradicts what BRP is doing.....They are putting a Motorcycle ( bead ) tire on Car (bead ) RIM....according to Sec. 119 you can't just mix & match..................Awhile back someone posted comparision pictures of the rims of Motorcycle wheels and Car wheels and they are quite different ........They also posted pics of the Spyder Rim....that matched the Car Rim.......................Mike :thumbup:

jaherbst
02-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Jack,

I agree and was the first thing we (wife and I) noticed when we switch to a car tire. Our Sypder handled much much better. With the OEM tire in fast curves the rear would skip out and I would have to slow down in order to not make my wife sick.
While in Colorado two years ago ( Owners Event) I had the dealer put on a Kumho car tire and then picked up my wife so we could ride the million dollar hi way and the fist thing she asked me is I had done something to the shocks as it road so much better. I was also able to drive that road a lot faster with out complaint from the wife.

When I owned and rode two wheelers I never would even consider putting a car tire on, but as Bob pointed out our Spyders driving force on the tires is closer to a car then a two wheel motorcycle.

Les

Probably some truth to that. Seems like Bob is having terrible luck with his tires. Perhaps a few less "wheelies" would be the "order of the day". I guess I don't ride hard enough but usually get 10,000 on Spyders or M/C tires. On my Spyders I ride with #30 on the rear and #20 in the front and usually about 4-5 pounds over recommended on the M/C. Not saying this has anything to do with mileage but any tire that is run too low on pressure will suffer low mileage.

I think all this started with the early tires from Kenda and they have since changed the compound and recommended Pressure to make for an improvement. Riding style is probably the biggest factor in tire wear IMO.

Jack

Bob Denman
02-17-2016, 10:57 AM
:shocked: The way that I ride; the tires should last long enough to dry rot off of the rims... nojoke
Ask anyone who rides with me: they're doing this :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah: , all of the time. :opps:

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2016, 02:23 PM
....This is very interesting, and you [Quoted ] my post in your answer.......But did you read my ENTIRE post......My understanding of Sec 119....contradicts what BRP is doing.....They are putting a Motorcycle ( bead ) tire on Car (bead ) RIM....according to Sec. 119 you can't just mix & match..................Awhile back someone posted comparision pictures of the rims of Motorcycle wheels and Car wheels and they are quite different ........They also posted pics of the Spyder Rim....that matched the Car Rim.......................Mike :thumbup:
Has anyone taken a typical motorcycle tire and a Spyder tire and done a cross section comparison of the beads? I really doubt the Kenda on the Spyder has a typical m/c bead since the rim bead is not a typical m/c rim bead. The Spyder rim bead is not exactly same as a car rim bead. It's close, but not the same. Just because a Kenda is labeled "Motorcycle Use Only" doesn't automatically mean it's suitable for all motorcycles. I'm sure the tire and rim were specifically designed for each other for the Spyder. The FMVSS requires that tires not intended for automobile use be properly identified. Maybe the Kendas should be labeled "Can Am Spyder Use Only" but that may not fit the FMVSS guidelines. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
02-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Robmorg did a comparison; you might want to PM him about it. :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
02-17-2016, 03:55 PM
:bdh::bdh::bdh:

jaherbst
02-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Has anyone taken a typical motorcycle tire and a Spyder tire and done a cross section comparison of the beads? I really doubt the Kenda on the Spyder has a typical m/c bead since the rim bead is not a typical m/c rim bead. The Spyder rim bead is not exactly same as a car rim bead. It's close, but not the same. Just because a Kenda is labeled "Motorcycle Use Only" doesn't automatically mean it's suitable for all motorcycles. I'm sure the tire and rim were specifically designed for each other for the Spyder. The FMVSS requires that tires not intended for automobile use be properly identified. Maybe the Kendas should be labeled "Can Am Spyder Use Only" but that may not fit the FMVSS guidelines. :dontknow:

I think you might be onto something here but no one is going to admit it on this forum.

Jack

Bob Denman
02-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Kenda is also the OEM supplier for the SlingShot as well...

Rohaianan
02-17-2016, 09:56 PM
It seems that pretty much everyone hates the Kenda stock tires. What kind of mileage are people typically getting? How and where can you take your Spyder to have the tires replaced? It seems like a lot of riders are seeing speedometer accuracy issues.
Oh and to keep on topic my RT has 60 miles in it; and I have no idea what size it takes

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2016, 11:02 PM
It seems that pretty much everyone hates the Kenda stock tires. What kind of mileage are people typically getting? How and where can you take your Spyder to have the tires replaced? It seems like a lot of riders are seeing speedometer accuracy issues.
Oh and to keep on topic my RT has 60 miles in it; and I have no idea what size it takes
There is pretty good acceptance of the OEM Kendas for the front tires. Typical mileage on them is in the mid 20k range. It's the rear tire that almost everyone disses and wants to replace with an alternative. I haven't read any comments yet on the mileage of the rear tire for 2015 and 2016. The one for 2013 & '14 was softer and mileage was in the order of 6500 to 8000. 2012 and earlier did 10k + but the rubber was changed in 2013, and again in 2015.

Bob Denman
02-18-2016, 07:49 AM
5700 miles out of the rear sneaker on my 2014
7000 miles out of the one that came on my 2010.

Pampurrs
02-18-2016, 08:03 AM
5700 miles out of the rear sneaker on my 2014
7000 miles out of the one that came on my 2010.

:yikes: I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm coming up on 16,000 on my OEM tire with 4mm of tread depth remaining.

Pam

Bob Denman
02-18-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm figuring that my 2014's tire was one with the "new & improved" compound...:D
It's probably the roads up here; they're always pretty chopped-up.
Honestly; I ride the bike like an old woman on her way home from Church... nojoke

Pampurrs
02-18-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry everyone, I truly am. I didn't intend to start another tire thread. :chat:

:shemademe_smilie: Pam

jaherbst
02-18-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry everyone, I truly am. I didn't intend to start another tire thread. :chat:

Your almost forgiven Pam. Its not you really, it's the feeding frenzy this group gets into when mentioning any thing about tires or oil. :gaah:

Jack

Pampurrs
02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Your almost forgiven Pam. Its not you really, it's the feeding frenzy this group gets into when mentioning any thing about tires or oil. :gaah:

Jack

Oil?

Ok, since you brought that up, I have this question.....................

:roflblack:

Pam

bigbadbrucie
02-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Oil?

Ok, since you brought that up, I have this question.....................

:roflblack:

Pam

Nice one Pam:roflblack::barf::yes:

Bob Denman
02-19-2016, 08:14 AM

Pam,
Don't ever worry about these sort of things...
With well over 19000 members (and growing! :thumbup:); there's always going to be folks out there looking for this type of information.

Deanna777
02-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Oh and to keep on topic my RT has 60 miles in it; and I have no idea what size it takesTire size: look on the tire for the size.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6 the mileage on the original Tire ( Kenda) was 5,824 on the rear, then I replaced the tire with the General Altimax RT 43. I went with the General Altimax RT 43 because of the ratings. The current mileage on my spyder is 10,824.

Ask rnet ( Ron) for tires ( send him a pm) Deanna

Pampurrs
02-20-2016, 06:54 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124502&stc=1
Now I'm at 16,000 miles on the OEM tire and it's still looking pretty good. I've got the new tire picked out and ready to order, plus a local shop lined up to mount it. But this one just doesn't want to give up. Still at 4mm tread depth. I'm thinking this Kenda tire may not be as bad as everyone says it is.

Tomorrow, I'm riding 180 miles to Tombstone and back, so I'll see how it looks afterwards.

I'm still going to the General Altimax RT 43 if this one ever dies. :bbq:

Pam

Deanna777
02-21-2016, 01:50 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124502&stc=1
Now I'm at 16,000 miles on the OEM tire and it's still looking pretty good. I've got the new tire picked out and ready to order, plus a local shop lined up to mount it. But this one just doesn't want to give up. Still at 4mm tread depth. I'm thinking this Kenda tire may not be as bad as everyone says it is.

Tomorrow, I'm riding 180 miles to Tombstone and back, so I'll see how it looks afterwards.

I'm still going to the General Altimax RT 43 if this one ever dies. :bbq:

PamPam, You made a good choice going with the General Altimax RT 43 tire. Deanna