PDA

View Full Version : frunk and seat won't open

baileydale
02-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Did a search and found lots of posts but nothing to really help. 2011 RSS.. key feels like it turns far enough right to open frunk but it won't open, key will not turn left enough to open seat at all....tried pushing down on frunk but still nothing....
Please help....thanks

Bfromla
02-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Did a search and found lots of posts but nothing to really help. 2011 RSS.. key feels like it turns far enough right to open frunk but it won't open, key will not turn left enough to open seat at all....tried pushing down on frunk but still nothing....
Please help....thanks
Youve tried pushing down on frunk at the latch post as you turn the key? May need a helper, most binds are from over stuffing the frunk & that process works. Sit on seat as you turn for gas access. If neither work the cables may have broke or come off cam on the ignition & will be a dealer thing to fix for you. Best of luck

retread
02-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Try turning the key LEFT to open the frunk,and right to open the seat.nojoke

john

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Youve tried pushing down on frunk at the latch post as you turn the key? May need a helper, most binds are from over stuffing the frunk & that process works. Sit on seat as you turn for gas access. If neither work the cables may have broke or come off cam on the ignition & will be a dealer thing to fix for you. Best of luck
...Forget dealer....You can open from the right side ..( for frunk ).....you need something thin , strong, and about 12 inches long, plus a good flashlite, and helper if you can ........from the right pull up on the frunk corner ...look in and you can see the latch .....slide the rod in and push till it pops...............For the seat you may have to do some dis-assembly to get to the cable to pull it with pliers......................Mike ................On my RT , I dis-abled the seat latch.............and have a separate cable to open the Frunk............:yes:

baileydale
02-14-2016, 01:30 PM

Yep tried pushing down, frunk has very little in it so pretty sure it's not an over fill problem....when I do get them open the sat latch will be disabled, can live without frunk but kinda need gas :-)

Bob Denman
02-14-2016, 03:01 PM
You need to push DOWN on the key; just as you start to turn it... :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-14-2016, 03:20 PM
You need to push DOWN on the key; just as you start to turn it... :thumbup:

or just before you turn it

baileydale
02-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replys...both open...think they were just stuck. ..seat finally released on its own...really pushed hard on the frunk while wife turned the key and it finally opened...frunk was half empty with nothing close to the top...both seem to be working fine now ...think it just knew o wasn't feeling well and it reminded me of who's boss lol

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the replys...both open...think they were just stuck. ..seat finally released on its own...really pushed hard on the frunk while wife turned the key and it finally opened...frunk was half empty with nothing close to the top...both seem to be working fine now ...think it just knew o wasn't feeling well and it reminded me of who's boss lol
....Glad this all worked out :yes::yes::yes:...Thanks for letting us know.......Now you want to consider the options to either prevent this or have an alternative way to open......IMHO the IGNITION switch should ONLY be used to start and stop the engine......That is why my seat is 97% UN-latched ...just enough to stay closed...................and my FRUNK has a pull wire that I use ALL the time to open...................Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear that it's working better now! :thumbup:
While you've got the chance; you might as well add some lubricant to the locking systems!
(Cables and Latches...)