PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run

FANG
02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
To all Pensacola, Milton and South Alabama :spyder: Ryders:

I know we are planning a run to the Car and bike show in Mobile for Saturday March 7, 09. This is some information about a Poker Run the morning of the 7th of March to Benefit a very worthy cause.

The run is sponsored by H&D Cycles @ 33019 US Hwy 98 in Lillian, AL

It will start at 9 AM and the last bike out is at 11 AM - Cash payout for the best hand. Donation is $20.00 per entry.

This benefits HONOR FLIGHT SOUTH ALABAMA. For those of you who don't know about Honor Flight - it is a program that flys WW II and Korean War Veterans (at no cost to the veteran) to Washington D.C. to spend a day viewing the Memorials there. Most of the Veterans have never or willnever be able to see these Memorials ans it is a wasy of giving back to a group of HEROES that help to ensure the fredom of our nation.

We have a group of riders at the VA (Employees) that are planning to attend to help raise money for this worthy program. This program recieves no assistance except thru donations and sponsored events like these. I have had the pleaseure of meeting the man responsible for the decvelopment of this great program and he too a VET is performing a great service to our Heroes.

I thought that we could possibly do the Poker Run prior to the ride to Mobile -- can I get some feedback from my fellow :spyder: Ryders.

You can contact me thru the site or at 850-525-2859 and I will be glad to let you know more if I can.

shunkmanitu
02-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally I was looking at the Poker run but Carolyn is tending to the car show as am I. Too bad they are same day, there is no way to do both.:banghead:

I could give Iktome a quick wash but what class would we enter? I doubt that any of us have anything yet to compete with the full dressers in street and no way we could beat out the Wingers or others for largest club. :firstplace: So far all I have added are operational and comfort items and haven't even began to decorate the Tryke.:trike:

Guess we could just donate our money and enter as a special interest display only. Maybe we could try for a poster from CanAm or PMS to display with our parked group.:dontknow:

If we go to the show I want to spend my time filling up Memory Sticks and SD Cards with my cameras.