PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FINLESS BOB!!!

JKMSPYDER
02-06-2016, 05:53 PM
I would like to give a shout out to Finless Bob in California! I had contacted Motorcycle Dave last month about the battery in my SENA headset going bad. Dave put me in touch with Bob and said that Bob could replace the battery for me. So I contacted Bob and he gave me a battery # and eBay and said if I ordered the battery and sent him the battery and SENA unit, he would replace it for me. So I ordered the battery from (where else? China!) and waited for the boat to bring it over. Then I mailed it and the SENA unit to Bob. He replaced the battery in the unit and I received it today. Thanks Bob! It's as good as new! Bob told me to spread the word about replacing the battery in the SENA units and in GPS devices too. He said he might start a small business replacing irreplaceable batteries!!:clap:

Copperman
02-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Bob did the same for me a few months ago. Thanks Bob!

Purple Guy
02-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Finless Bob is a True Credit to the Spyder Community! :clap:

HayRog
02-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Good to know ! I'll pack this info away to be used later if needed. ...... remembering is the problem. lol

Bfromla
02-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Finless Bob is a True Credit to the Spyder Community! :clap:
:agree::clap::clap::2thumbs: So true with all he has done in how to vids when he cant help directly:firstplace:. Has been very educational, like to ask him to demo every make spyder so we could have more vids. Would like to see a
Finless
A
R
K
L
E. Know it would be good fit of fuction & form for any spyder. Just hope it would not tie up all his time to still help us here.

djhobin
02-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Bob pulled over in HOV lane (safely of course) on the 405 to Say HI. Thanks Bob.

Dennis

PatriotRider
02-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Mrs Finless reports scrapes and damage to both side of the doorframe's molding right at fifty five inches from floor. Angie's list has no warranty for continual repair service.

:sour:

Bob Denman
02-07-2016, 01:53 PM
No doubt: he's... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123872&stc=1

:2thumbs:

oldguyinTX
02-07-2016, 02:24 PM
I assume that you are referring to the SMH10 which has an "irreplaceable battery"?

Copperman
02-07-2016, 02:40 PM
I assume that you are referring to the SMH10 which has an "irreplaceable battery"?

Yes, Bob replaced my "irreplaceable battery" in my SMH-10 with one I bought from China. If I remember right, the battery cost $8.00 with free shipping.

Motorcycledave
02-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Well folks, Bob and I have spent a lot of
time trying to save all of you money,
and as you can see we have, it is still #1
it seems that some products are so over
priced you have to go in hawk for them.
Bob and I are just trying to help ease the
pain of high prices by showing you how to
do it your self or do it for less.
Bob is great at what he does...
Ride safe
ebjoy the Super Bowl
Dave

Pampurrs
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Yes, Finless Bob is awesome. One of the most helpful posters on this forum.

Pam

finless
02-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words JKMSPYDER!

It was a pleasure helping you out.

Also thanks to everyone for the kudos!

oldguyinCT, Sena says they are not replaceable but I found a way and in fact the replacement battery is larger in MAH capacity than the stock battery.
Progress in Lipo technology allowed this.
So the replacement battery I have been putting in peoples SMH-10 headsets last longer in time than stock :)
Same with the GPS unit batteries I have been doing.

I have done at least 10 SMH-10's and about 4 GPS units.

Anyone that wants a battery replacement in ANY Sena product or any Garmin GPS, feel free to contact me.

I have not started a business yet doing it so I do it for free right now. With a donation if you care to :)

Bob