PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart atv accident.

mowin
02-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Looks like Tony will be out for awhile.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/sports/autoracing/tony-stewart-is-hospitalized-after-atv-accident.html?_r=0

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 02:19 PM
:gaah: This moron needs to stay on the track: the ones where NASCAR is racing!
He has too many outside interests, and they keep getting in the way of his job... nojoke
Just ONE lousy more year to race, and you blew it again... :banghead:

mowin
02-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Here's the nascar report.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/2/4/tony-stewart-full-coverage-accident-2016.html

Sam Mac
02-06-2016, 04:27 PM
:gaah: This moron needs to stay on the track: the ones where NASCAR is racing!
He has too many outside interests, and they keep getting in the way of his job... nojoke
Just ONE lousy more year to race, and you blew it again... :banghead:

Not sure I would call a guy with a $70 mil net worth a moron. I had the opportunity to talk with Smoke at NHIS a few years ago about race cars and found him to be a decent guy. Just my 2 cents but I think it was a freak accident. Sorry to see it screw up his last year.

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 04:55 PM
I would...
The guy makes a TON of money racing... and then keeps putting himself in situations that keep him from racing. :dontknow:

For the record: I've never rooted for him, but I do respect his abilities in a race car.
My guy just retired... :shocked:

...I know lots of folks with money; some that I wouldn't trust to give me the right time of day.

Sam Mac
02-06-2016, 05:52 PM
I would...
The guy makes a TON of money racing... and then keeps putting himself in situations that keep him from racing. :dontknow:

For the record: I've never rooted for him, but I do respect his abilities in a race car.
My guy just retired... :shocked:

...I know lots of folks with money; some that I wouldn't trust to give me the right time of day.

Bob

I respect your opinion. I have had the opportunity to meet Tony in the garage at NH way back when he was driving for Gibbs and talk about race cars and all I can say is that he is totally different from what you see on TV. We were talking about safety equipment in race cars and trust me as soon as he knew I was a racer it was like talking to a totally different person. What you see on TV is not the real Tony Stewart.

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 06:00 PM
I would never argue that point with you. :thumbup:
But when the racing Season is starting in a week (qualifying), why would you put yourself at risk of injury? He made a foolish decision, and his fans will not get to see him race in what would have been his LAST Daytona 500...

retired1
02-06-2016, 06:04 PM
There was an article on the richest drivers. Don't quote me, but I think he only had a net worth of $150 million, Junior was worth $300 mil. It must have been true, because it was on the Net.:D

Sam Mac
02-06-2016, 06:19 PM
I would never argue that point with you. :thumbup:
But when the racing Season is starting in a week (qualifying), why would you put yourself at risk of injury? He made a foolish decision, and his fans will not get to see him race in what would have been his LAST Daytona 500...

There was an article on the richest drivers. Don't quote me, but I think he only had a net worth of $150 million, Junior was worth $300 mil. It must have been true, because it was on the Net.:D

Per Google https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tony+stewart+net+worth

Look here is the deal, the guy was out having fun and unfortunately he got hurt. Hamlin got hurt playing basket ball as they say stuff happens. Honestly if I was Tony I'd call it a day with Na$crap and enjoy my life. Na$crap is all about the show. I had Na$crap explained to me by the guy that used to run the track at NH before Bruton Smith bought it. Trust me Nascar is all about the $$$$ and nothing more. It's good TV entertainment but racing it is not. That said I will DVR the 500. Ted Goddard used to be the operations manager at what used to be called NHIS and as he explained it to me Nascar is not about racing, it's about putting on a show, putting people in the seats, showing them a good time and reliving them of as many dollars as possible and then having them come back next year and doing it again. It's all about the $$$. If you want real racing go to a local short track or a SCCA race. Sorry but it is what it is.

Google Tony's net. $70 mil. Not sure I could manage on only $70 mil.................

Orange Spyder Man
02-06-2016, 06:55 PM
hope Tony heals quickly...

osm

Sam Mac
02-06-2016, 07:14 PM
hope Tony heals quickly...

osm

Yep and I hope he can enjoy his life after Nascar. He has paid his dues.