PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one ?

Motorcycledave
02-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Well it's Saturday Feb. 6th. the day before the big game.
I live about 65 miles from the stadium where the big
Super Dooper Super bowl is being held. and you know what...
If the 49ers. and or the Raider's are not playing, I don't care who
is there playing, I am not sure who is paying. I think they should have
built a world class race track there and not a stadium but that is only me
I am a car guy, not much of a football guy.... am I all alone here ?
NOW for you who do care, Have a super time watching the Super Bowl.
Ride Safe
Dave

ARtraveler
02-06-2016, 01:35 PM
I am not the Super Fan that I once was. I watch if I am interested. Still following the Broncos/Manning. If the game is going to be a wipe out of the Broncos--I will be gone.

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 01:52 PM
...Rooting for Peyton Manning to be able to retire as the Winner of Super Bowl 50! :thumbup:

kep-up
02-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Could NOT care less!

Peter Aawen
02-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Are you the only one?? Nope - Super Bowl &/or its outcome doesn't mean squat to me!! :sour:

But then, I do live in Australia, where we have the Bathurst 1000 car race..... Don't try talking to me when that's on!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Kind of like me, on most Sundays between the end of February, and the end of November (NASCAR season...)

HayRog
02-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I'll (we) be riding tomorrow :2thumbs:.

copilot
02-06-2016, 05:54 PM
I will be adding miles to the odometer on the Spyder since it's supposed to be in the fifties here in Missouri.
Dave my headsets, dongle and cable is working great. I might call you with some dumb questions Monday though.

JerryB
02-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Hi Peter,

Re: where we have the Bathurst 1000 car race.....

Small world, I've been to Bathurst.

Jerry Baumchen

Motorcycledave
02-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Why don't we get real mans football here
on TV "RUGBY" any US football team would
get slattered by a Rugby team
They don't have helmets or pads, some don't
even have teeth

Are you the only one?? Nope - Super Bowl &/or its outcome doesn't mean squat to me!! :sour:

But then, I do live in Australia, where we have the Bathurst 1000 car race..... Don't try talking to me when that's on!! :thumbup:

JerryB
02-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Hi Dave,

Re: Why don't we get real mans football here on TV

During my first trip 'down under' I watched a rugby game; that is one rough game.

And for the trivia folks: A number of years ago some students from Harvard ( I think ) did a study and the average NFL game has less than 12 minutes of actual playing time. The rest of the hour is waiting for the snap, end of running plays, etc.

Jerry Baumchen

Motorcycledave
02-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Give me a call if you want company
I am 45 miles southeast of you

QUOTE=HayRog;1088882]I'll (we) be riding tomorrow :2thumbs:.[/QUOTE]

Motorcycledave
02-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Call me anytime !!!

QUOTE=copilot;1088892]I will be adding miles to the odometer on the Spyder since it's supposed to be in the fifties here in Missouri.
Dave my headsets, dongle and cable is working great. I might call you with some dumb questions Monday though.[/QUOTE]

HayRog
02-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Give me a call if you want company
I am 45 miles southeast of you

QUOTE=HayRog;1088882]I'll (we) be riding tomorrow :2thumbs:.[/QUOTE]

Like to hook up with you sometime Dave. Seen you on a video interview so I know about you :-)
If we could get a raincheck ? We're doing a family/friends visit towards the northern coast.

Yazz
02-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Why don't we get real mans football here
on TV "RUGBY" any US football team would
get slattered by a Rugby team
They don't have helmets or pads, some don't
even have teeth

:agree: Watched a lot of Aussie Rules which is like Rugby. No time out if a player is down, or between plays. The ones in the scrum tape their ears back with electricians tape so they don't get ripped off.

P.s., Any Aussie who can correct me, please do so...

Oh yeah, will be watching Puppy Bowl and the Super Bowl commercials.

Peter Aawen
02-06-2016, 08:47 PM
'Aussie Rules' is different again from Rugby, but we have both Rugby Union & Rugby League here, as well as the true Aussie game, Aussie Rules!! ;)

The Rugby Union we play here, mainly in the Eastern States altho to a smaller extent elsewhere, is pretty much the same game they play in the UK - 2x40 minute halves of pretty much non stop sprinting, big boys, no pads or helmets, heavy hits, lotsa loose & sometimes rolling scrums inc racking boots over a downed player with the ball, line outs every now & then, the only real breather anyone gets is when the backs get a chance to sprint in to form up on a downed tackled player, but generally the play goes on; it is a tough game & can be a fairly exciting & very physical game to play, but it's a little less so to watch unless you are a Rugby Union fan.

Rugby League is played a lot in the Eastern States too but hardly anywhere else, & it's much more of a viewers game (& has been modded to suit TV broadcasts a lot more) - still 2x40 minute halves of pretty much non stop running, no real padding (altho that is changing) way more scrums & heavy hits but once a player is tackled & downed it's time for everyone to back off & start again - due to the 'hands & boots off the tackled player' & the frequency/number of scrums they have, Union players (& I gotta admit I come from a family of them) have been known to describe it as 'one man trying to push two men's heads up three men's arses!' But it is an extremely physical game, they are still big boys & the padding they wear is minimal, and they take some massive hits only to hafta get up again & sprint on to form up in the moving play that continues unabated!!

Aussie Rules is a 'more refined' game, played pretty much country wide (hence the 'true Aussie game') with 4 quarters of 20 minutes non-stop play plus extra time for out of bounds etc. It has fewer heavy tackles, way more running, lotsa loooong kicks - in fact kicking the ball is the major way of moving play around the larger field. Due to the kicking & marking that makes this such a fast game (moving from end to end in seconds, not minutes!) it has been called 'aerial ping pong', but honestly, it's a bloody hard game to play, much harder to play well, and in just about every test that's ever been conducted (& there've been a few) Aussie Rules player come out on top as being the fittest & most flexible players of the 3 games. They are still big boys, don't wear padding, & take some heavy hits just to get up & sprint on, but the 'tackles' the other two games see are sorta frowned upon here & tend to be largely avoided by the player passing (kicking or punch hand-passing) the ball off & then chasing it down.

I'm not saying that your 'Gridiron' players aren't big fit blokes, nor that they don't take big hits, there is no denying that they are & they do, but back during my college days (loooong ago now - & the older I get the better I was!) I played Regional Rugby Union & District Aussie Rules plus a little recreational League, and then when I joined the Military I spent some on exchange postings playing inter-service Gridiron, so I have some feel for them all; and IMO your game has much more emphasis on the strategy & plays, while the 3 Aussie games are much more physical ALL the time for ALL the players on the field, have fewer substitutes & less time off the field (if any) & basically, if you are on the field, you are running, mostly sprinting, & either kicking or getting tackled pretty much all the time!!

That said, I've got nothing but respect for all the players that get to the highest level of their chosen game, & I really don't want to pick a fight with any of them; but hey, I enjoyed the games I played but couldn't ever really stand watching any of them if I wasn't playing - driving/riding or watching others drive fast cars & trucks was far more my style! Still is! :thumbup:

Joe T.
02-06-2016, 08:54 PM
...Rooting for Peyton Manning to be able to retire as the Winner of Super Bowl 50! :thumbup:

Amen!

Joe T.

Chupaca
02-06-2016, 10:59 PM
My tradition now is the open road. It is really peaceful and uncluttered what with the masses dealing with the super bowl. (Our weather permits) in the old days when they played straight through and you got to see the half time show we had traditions. You now have so many interruptions you can forget who's playing..:roflblack: don't need a bunch of guys analysizing each play with a myriad of commercials but that's just me. Loved playing, the commercial completion is fun (after the game) but for those with the get togethers, have a good time and hope your team wins...:yes::yes: