PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Sunday Traditions

Trbayth
02-06-2016, 09:50 AM
I asked this question in work's company chat and the answers I got were basically "yeah, maintaining my tradition of ignoring the Super Bowl." So maybe I'll have better luck here.

What Super Bowl Sunday traditions do you have? Parties? BBQ's (if you live in a warm-weather area)? Something else?

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Hi Roger!
This is a GREAT question! :clap:
....And I learned something yesterday: Super Bowl Sunday is the day that Americans consume the MOST food.
We actually average over 6,000 calories per person! :yes::yes::yes:
I always do my best, to land on the high side of that average! :roflblack:
We don't go to parties, but the Missus normally fixes us up an afternoon's worth of snack-foods for pre-game.
This year; we've got pigs in a blanket (wrapped in bacon!), chips with several kinds of dip and salsas, her own recipe for sweet meatballs, a platter of cheeses and sausages...
If we're still awake after that orgy of calories: during the game, we'll be having her homemade chili! :bowdown:

...And I'll be calling Sonny-Boy at every important point in the game: he's got to go to work... :gaah:

We're also rooting for Peyton Manning to retire as a winner of Super Bowl 50! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
02-06-2016, 11:26 AM
My tradition now is the open road. It is really peaceful and uncluttered what with the masses dealing with the super bowl. (Our weather permits) in the old days when they played straight through and you got to see the half time show we had traditions. You now have so many interruptions you can forget who's playing..:roflblack: don't need a bunch of guys analysizing each play with a myriad of commercials but that's just me. Loved playing, the commercial completion is fun (after the game) but for those with the get togethers, have a good time and hope your team wins...:yes::yes:

Iamjoey
02-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Hi Roger!
....And I learned something yesterday: Super Bowl Sunday is the day that Americans consume the MOST food.
We don't go to parties, but the Missus normally fixes us up an afternoon's worth of snack-foods for pre-game.
This year; we've got pigs in a blanket (wrapped in bacon!), chips with several kinds of dip and salsas, her own recipe for sweet meatballs, a platter of cheeses and sausages...
If we're still awake after that orgy of calories: during the game, we'll be having her homemade chili! :bowdown:

...And I'll be calling Sonny-Boy at every important point in the game: he's got to go to work... :gaah:

We're also rooting for Peyton Manning to retire as a winner of Super Bowl 50! :2thumbs:
This is Bob D. after the Super Bowl : https://youtu.be/VFKifpMtlNs

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 11:43 AM
This is Bob D. after the Super Bowl : https://youtu.be/VFKifpMtlNs
:roflblack: But that's just not true...
For some reason; I was born with an awesome set of guts! nojoke
they've never let me down, and I've certainly given them plenty of opportunities! :2thumbs:

Lew L
02-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Unless one on our teams is playing------- I usually ski. no lift lines, fast skiing on great snow ( this year:D) and empty trails.

Kaos

ARtraveler
02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi Roger!

:agree: x 2 on Manning. :yes::yes:

ARtraveler
02-06-2016, 01:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Uj0KwNfLUds#t=4

Our traditions are now few. Watch the game--if we like the teams playing. This year, I am for the Broncos. Snacks--a few. Drinking--maybe one.

mowin
02-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Oh ya.. the smoker will be full... ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds) aka stuffed jalapeņos wrapped in bacon, moink balls: ground meat wrapped around a cube of cheddar or pepper jack and wrapped in.... yep bacon:yes:. Mac & cheese in a cup made out of bacon... and some wings

Rack of St Louis ribs for half time. All smoked with apple and cherry. :bbq:

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 01:54 PM
:shocked: Damn... :clap:
I'm having Dessert at YOUR house! :bowdown:

mowin
02-06-2016, 02:04 PM
:shocked: Damn... :clap:
I'm having Dessert at YOUR house! :bowdown:

Just bring your appetite.

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Appetite? No problem!! :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123835&stc=1

Cruzr Joe
02-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Sit back, relax, watch the game, snack on some chips and onion dip to start, have BBQ at halftime, more snacks and watch the rest of the game, wake up and look online to see who won.:yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Trbayth
02-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Oh ya.. the smoker will be full... ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds) aka stuffed jalapeņos wrapped in bacon, moink balls: ground meat wrapped around a cube of cheddar or pepper jack and wrapped in.... yep bacon:yes:. Mac & cheese in a cup made out of bacon... and some wings

Rack of St Louis ribs for half time. All smoked with apple and cherry. :bbq:

Hmm, I don't know. Anyone else sensing a pattern here? :roflblack:

Sam Mac
02-06-2016, 04:49 PM
A couple cocktails, set the DVR go to bed next morning fast forward to 1/2 time then fast forward to the end. :yes:

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Hmm, I don't know. Anyone else sensing a pattern here? :roflblack:

I'm seeing lots of pig and hot peppers! :2thumbs:

JerryB
02-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Hi Trbayth,

Re: Super Bowl Sunday Traditions

For many years now, my son & I get together to watch the game. This year we are all going over to my daughter's house; she is a phenominal cook. I'll have to see what we get.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryB
02-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: We're also rooting for Peyton Manning to retire as a winner of Super Bowl 50!

And once you & I agree on something.

I never got to see much of Manning when he was with the Colts, but now that he is a Bronco I've seen quite a bit of him; he is a phenominal QB.

Let there be justice in the world,

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Family, food, and football: it can't get any better than THAT! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 05:56 PM
...And Thanks! He's always been a winner, and I hope that all fans of the Sport can come to appreciate what he has accomplished. :thumbup:
What will he do next? :dontknow:

vided
02-06-2016, 05:56 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123841&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123842&stc=1

JerryB
02-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: What will he do next?

Hmmm, let me think about that; pepperoni & cheese does come to mind.

:yes:

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 06:02 PM
After going to Walt Disney World; of course! :2thumbs:

bmccaffrey
02-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Pizza, wings beer more beer more reeb

Go PANTHERS:thumbup:

Ron2andia
02-06-2016, 08:52 PM
No real traditions except watching but voting for Cam and the panthers.... Never know if you can get another shot at one... I like Manning but he has a ring... Soooo roar!:yes: