PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii

marinespyder
02-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Are there Can Am Spyder dealers in Hawaii?

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-06-2016, 08:52 AM
i think the spyders they have in hawaii are poisonous

Grandpot
02-06-2016, 09:18 AM
As far as I know, the answer is no. If you can't work on your own machines and don't have a BUDS system, you may want to wait until there is a dealer your island.

HIspyder
02-06-2016, 09:33 AM
No dealers in the state, but there are Spyders here.

I'm on Kauai and own an F3 and believe, although I haven't seen it, there's another Spyder here but don't know model or year as I haven't seen it on the road yet.

There are also a couple on Oahu from what I've heard.

I was a Nissan Sr. Tech for 15 years so I'm not too worried about maintaining the F3, which has been trouble free and it's my daily driver.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123824&stc=1

HIspyder
02-06-2016, 09:36 AM
As far as I know, the answer is no. If you can't work on your own machines and don't have a BUDS system, you may want to wait until there is a dealer your island.

You might be waiting for a long time for that to happen and life is just too short to worry about such things. I shipped mine here from Pitbull Powersports.

ARtraveler
02-06-2016, 01:47 PM
It appears no dealers. There are :spyder2:'s on a some of the Islands. RE: Kauai, Oahu, and Maui.

They used to rent them on Maui--we did the Hana Highway. We saw another :ani29: during our ride. Sorry to say no more rentals at this time.

Here's a photo of our rental :ani29: parked in front of the Hana Post Office. (Maui).

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79662&d=1384981431 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3179&attachmentid=79661)

Bob Denman
02-06-2016, 02:02 PM
You can actually search for dealerships on the Spyder website:
http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/?redirect=false

They don't' show any available. :shocked:

robmorg
02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
No dealers in the state, but there are Spyders here.

Do you have any guess as to why there are no Can Am dealers anywhere in Hawaii? :dontknow: It seems a little odd, since they are in several other countries besides Canada and the U.S.

latony007
02-08-2016, 12:32 PM
probably just a cost factor. You would think with the great weather they would be big sellers out there. My brother wanted one so bad when he lived out there but no dealers, so when he finally moved back the first thing he did was go buy one. I wonder what happened to the rentals they did have. They ship them back to the mainland? For oil changes and stuff you would be fine but if the computer starts flashing you codes your going to be up a creek without a dealer.

robmorg
02-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Yeah, very odd, IMO. You would THINK that a Can Am dealer in Hawaii would do a FANTASTIC business. Spyders would cost a bit more there, because of the transportation cost to get them there, but I'd bet folks in Hawaii are probably used to that.

ARtraveler
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
I am guessing that no :spyder2: dealers because:

Each Island is pretty small. Some Islands do not have many miles of road. Not very far one can go, and most of the roads can be ridden in a day or two. Transport from Island to Island is by plane or boat. Cha Ching every time you want to Island hop.

There are Can Am dealers (SeaDoo). Am guessing they don't want to invest in :ani29: because of the big dollars and low return--based on number of potential customers.

The Can Am dealer in Anhorage no longer sells :ani29:. They sold less than 5 per year. Other reasons also--but I won't go there. Now, we only have one dealer with two shops in AK. Eagle River & Wasilla.

robmorg
02-08-2016, 02:18 PM
You could be right. If you think about the proportionate number of potential Spyder buyers , compared with the potential buyers of all two and three wheeled vehicles combined , the points you make could well be the answer to the lack of dealer interest.

It still feels odd though. You would think that a dealer that sells Sea-Doos might work out a deal with BRP to have a few spiders in stock to see if he could make them catch on.

robmorg
02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
...The Can Am dealer in Anhorage no longer sells :ani29:. They sold less than 5 per year. Other reasons also--but I won't go there. Now, we only have one dealer with two shops in AK. Eagle River & Wasilla.
Dwayne, out of curiosity, do you have any feel for how many Spyder owners there are in Alaska, or how many your dealer sells each year?

Bob Denman
02-08-2016, 02:55 PM
They're probably just more into watersports than the rest of us! :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123915&stc=1

ARtraveler
02-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Dwayne, out of curiosity, do you have any feel for how many Spyder owners there are in Alaska, or how many your dealer sells each year?

Good question. :bowdown: I know personally less than ten :spyder2: owners. The remaining dealers are also at 5 or so. They make their money on servicing, also selling Kawasaki and Suzuki, and being the largest Ski Doo retailer (number sold), in the United States. Now they will get all the servicing with the Anchorage dealer out of the mix. A rough estimate of how many total :ani29:'s would be between 30 and 50. I am betting on ballpark 30. I can ride for days without seeing another :spyder2:, and I am in the most populous part of the state. 350,000 plus out of 700,000 total.

robmorg
02-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks. You must get a lot of attention when you and your wife are "out and about" with your RT's. :)

ARtraveler
02-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks. You must get a lot of attention when you and your wife are "out and about" with your RT's. :)

We do get the "looks" and still have people question us when caught in a parking lot or gas station. Not quite the interest as when I got the first one sold to a customer in AK (June 2008).

marinespyder
02-12-2016, 08:01 PM
I want to thank all for the Information. If I decided to go over I just have to go to a dealer here. Have them show me the ins and outs on a spyder. I have the tour spyder. I love it so much.
I would sell my truck and then ship my spyder over. Its always been my dream to live over there.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-12-2016, 10:57 PM
It still feels odd though. You would think that a dealer that sells Sea-Doos might work out a deal with BRP to have a few spiders in stock to see if he could make them catch on.
In a conversation I had last fall with a Can Am parts representative he indicated that Can Am marketing people have a problem grasping the realities of the market and have a tendency to push dealers into buying and stocking more machines than they can reasonably sell. That's one of the reasons dealers quit.

HIspyder
02-13-2016, 12:24 AM
I want to thank all for the Information. If I decided to go over I just have to go to a dealer here. Have them show me the ins and outs on a spyder. I have the tour spyder. I love it so much.
I would sell my truck and then ship my spyder over. Its always been my dream to live over there.

Which Island are you thinking about? It all depends on what your looking for as each island offers a different kind of lifestyle.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124128&stc=1

marinespyder
02-15-2016, 07:35 PM
I am looking at Ohau or the Big Island

Motorcycledave
02-16-2016, 12:01 AM
My wife and I go to Hawaii often, some times more
than once a year, mostly the big island....we have
family there, in May we are going to be there for the
atrival of a new great grand child.
You will find orher dealers there Harley, Honda and such but
no Can Am dealers that sell and or service Spyders
and none of the others will touch them.
Sorry to have to tell you that but maybe some one
in the Islands will get the hint and open one there
Dave

Are there Can Am Spyder dealers in Hawaii?

rolli
11-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Hello ,I just joined the group I live on Maui have seen several of these Can am Spyders on Island , One question where do you take on to have work done to it ? The engine light came on bike is on limp mode. codes say its sensors , I called a dealer on the mainland and mechanic said just couse those codes display do's not mean the problem is not eals where ??? I have called all Island not one shop works on these . I do have the service Manuel and B.U.D.S Tool , but if replacing the sensors mite not fix it I hate to start playing the guessing game . Anyone know someone that works on these on Maui ? If so I would Very much appreciate some help. Thanks

d.o.spyder-rts
11-21-2016, 07:22 PM
You might be waiting for a long time for that to happen and life is just too short to worry about such things. I shipped mine here from Pitbull Powersports.

Glad I didn't have to pay the shipping cost :rolleyes: Dale

Bfromla
11-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Hello ,I just joined the group I live on Maui have seen several of these Can am Spyders on Island , One question where do you take on to have work done to it ? The engine light came on bike is on limp mode. codes say its sensors , I called a dealer on the mainland and mechanic said just couse those codes display do's not mean the problem is not eals where ??? I have called all Island not one shop works on these . I do have the service Manuel and B.U.D.S Tool , but if replacing the sensors mite not fix it I hate to start playing the guessing game . Anyone know someone that works on these on Maui ? If so I would Very much appreciate some help. Thanks

Well we we will help with what we can from here anyway:clap: We will need few details please,

what year & make spyder do you have , & what codes can you see? This may help:

https://youtu.be/2ORFxBtyJU4

rolli
11-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Well we we will help with what we can from here anyway:clap: We will need few details please,

https://youtu.be/2ORFxBtyJU4 Thank you very much for your reply and offer to help, I have A 2011 RT. codes are P0113 Manifold air pressure sensor, P2228 Ambiant Pressure Sensor , P1036 H025 Heater Control Cercuit sensor 2, I did talk to A service Tech. In Calif. My concern is he said codes displayed do's not mean thats all that the problem I that something eals could be wrong and bringing up those codes. That comment is what concerned me or I would just order those sensors and install them . What are your thoughts / thank you, Joe A.

Bfromla
11-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much for your reply and offer to help, I have A 2011 RT. codes are P0113 Manifold air pressure sensor, P2228 Ambiant Pressure Sensor , P1036 H025 Heater Control Cercuit sensor 2, I did talk to A service Tech. In Calif. My concern is he said codes displayed do's not mean thats all that the problem I that something eals could be wrong and bringing up those codes. That comment is what concerned me or I would just order those sensors and install them . What are your thoughts / thank you, Joe A.

Of what i could look up on the my spyder app all but last one (H025)
& yes i need to update here is what it says P0113http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/79ea1fab6cd80d04d4249f153daba932.jpg P2228http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/36cb7f6b02ba065cc81ff007ab2ea1c9.jpg
P1036http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/323c170d39b62eb7018679ee29af36e5.jpg
Hope this helps

rolli
11-24-2016, 03:49 PM

https://youtu.be/2ORFxBtyJU4 Thank you very much for your reply and offer to help, I have A 2011 RT. codes are P0113 Manifold air pressure sensor, P2228 Ambiant Pressure Sensor , P1036 H025 Heater Control Cercuit sensor 2, I did talk to A service Tech. In Calif. My concern is he said codes displayed do's not mean thats all that the problem I that something eals could be wrong and bringing up those codes. That comment is what concerned me or I would just order those sensors and install them . What are your thoughts / thank you, Joe A.

rolli
11-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Thank you, My concern Is the Tech saying just changing the censors that the codes are displaying , do's not mean problem is solved that something else could be causing those codes to display . what do you think just changing those parts would fix the problem. Also this limp mode the bike is in Is It safe to ride like this ?

Bfromla
11-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Limp mode will restrict your RPM under 3k (just enough to limp) so plz do not try more than absolutely needed. The tech talk about the parts is right on you do not want to throw money @ parts till everything had been tested it can just be loose connection need to check those first. Long & drawn out process but ultimately worth it & may find or prevent future connection problems. Not having a tech on Islands got to suck,there has to be another willing bike mech there somewhere that can help. There was a rental place on one they had to have a tech see what you can find out with that. Also i am only mechanically inclined not a tech myself, just trying to help.

rolli
11-24-2016, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the help. Happy Thanksgiving