PDA

View Full Version : Heated jacket

hocklaw61
02-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Do I have to adjust any fuses when using a heated jacket that is be powered by the battery?

Hocklaw

Bike-O-Din
02-02-2016, 06:47 PM
If you use a direct wiring to the battery for the jacket, the harness provided by the jacket mfg will have the appropriate fuse inline. (Gerbing provides a chart that shows which value fuse to use depending upon how much gear you are powering from the harness and the fuses to put in the holder.) If you are tapping into an existing circuit on the bike, then you may have to change the fuse - however, this method is not recommended so you will not overload the bike circuits.

It is important to note that you should not tap into a circuit on the bike that has fuses higher than what you need for the jacket without adding an additional inline fuse of the proper amperage for the jacket.

Have fun.

hocklaw61
02-07-2016, 02:16 PM
If you use a direct wiring to the battery for the jacket, the harness provided by the jacket mfg will have the appropriate fuse inline. (Gerbing provides a chart that shows which value fuse to use depending upon how much gear you are powering from the harness and the fuses to put in the holder.) If you are tapping into an existing circuit on the bike, then you may have to change the fuse - however, this method is not recommended so you will not overload the bike circuits.

It is important to note that you should not tap into a circuit on the bike that has fuses higher than what you need for the jacket without adding an additional inline fuse of the proper amperage for the jacket.

Have fun.

It is Gerbing harness to the battery. It does provide fuses. Which fuse do I change ? Or is it add? Thanks

jaherbst
02-07-2016, 03:04 PM
It is Gerbing harness to the battery. It does provide fuses. Which fuse do I change ? Or is it add? Thanks

It is an inline fuse holder already in the harness. Should already be a 10a fuse installed. Check it. if not put in the provided 10a fuse. 15a if you are using pants and or gloves.

Jack

Chupaca
02-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Most direct connections to the battery come with the in line fuse. This is the best way to run any heated gear...if you don't have it you can get inline fueses at the local autoparts stores....:thumbup: