PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a trailer for storage, and to haul my spyder if necessary

blacklightning
02-01-2016, 07:19 PM
As the title states, there is a sweet 12x7 tandem axle trailer for sale locally. It is a cargo mate, low profile trailer with a 4' beaver tail ramp. Although it is a 2006 model, it looks to have had very little use. He is asking, what I think is a pretty fair price (let's just say under $2500). Unfortunately he didn't contact me until tonight, and someone else is coming to look at it before me. If it is still available, I think I may purchase it for storage, and even to tow my spyder if needed. does this seem like a good deal?http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123557&stc=1

Brentc
02-01-2016, 08:05 PM
That is a good price. Just do your homework and get up underneath and make sure the frame is in good shape. A tandem will pull very nice, assuming you have a vehicle that can handle the weight. From the picture it appears to be in very good surface shape. Best of luck and I hope it's there tomorrow for you!:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2016, 09:15 PM
If everything is solid on the trailer, that is a very decent buy.

Cruzr Joe

Mazo EMS2
02-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Agreed, if everything checks out, go for it. Definitely check for ventilation capability. You don't want your baby sittin in the condensation. It's a common practice for snowmobilers to store in trailers, but condensation is always an issue. Some even install solar powered fans...I had a 6x12 for a snowmobile and loved it. Very handy for just what you're talking about.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-01-2016, 10:48 PM
..........I'll play devil's advocate on this.....#1. that trailer has a capacity ( weight -wise & size ) far greater than you need. #2. It's now 10 yrs. old.....So what would the exact same trl. NEW cost now, just to give you an idea.....#3. I really think you can get a single torsion axel aluminum trl. NEW for near what you are paying for this one .......jmho......AND almost every sales person I ever talked said ------ someone is coming to look at this tomorrow :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:.....good luck....Mike :thumbup:

blacklightning
02-01-2016, 11:26 PM
..........I'll play devil's advocate on this.....#1. that trailer has a capacity ( weight -wise & size ) far greater than you need. #2. It's now 10 yrs. old.....So what would the exact same trl. NEW cost now, just to give you an idea.....#3. I really think you can get a single torsion axel aluminum trl. NEW for near what you are paying for this one .......jmho......AND almost every sales person I ever talked said ------ someone is coming to look at this tomorrow :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:.....good luck....Mike :thumbup:

I agree with most of your points, except for number 1 & 3. I would rather have a dual axle trailer for stability, and the fact that it is a overkill would work in my favor since it's better to have more than needed if you have a tow vehicle that can pull it. I am not sure if it is for me, since I rarely need or use a trailer.

mowin
02-02-2016, 06:52 AM
I'd buy that in a heart beat for under $2500. New your looking at over 5k, at least in my area.
At that price I truly believe he's got someone coming to look.
But, if you really don't need it, I wouldn't bother. I'm betting the first guy is going to snatch that up.

rcantrell52
02-02-2016, 07:00 AM
We have a single axle Cargo Craft trailer that is used to trailer our Spyder. Trailer the Spyder to SpyderFest 2012. That trailer looks nice and I would buy it if I was in the market. I would like to find a dual axle trailer at a reasonable price.

Reese