PDA

View Full Version : My first Spyder RT

Orhnry1
01-31-2016, 08:22 PM
I am new to the site and I bought my first Can Am Spyder. (2012 RT). I bought it used... Only 2900 miles on it. The dealer didn't have much info on it at all. After a little research I want to get the Bluetooth for my helmets, I've seen the Can Am set and have also seen the Sena Bluetooth. Can anyone steer me straight on that or other options? I'm not sure if it's already installed yet and not sure where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highwayman2013
01-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Welcome! Not sure what you want the bluetooth to do. If you want the radio to play through them you will need the SM-10 dongle. If it already has one it would be mounted in the trunk(rear) or frunk (front). If you have a smart phone you can just put music on your phone and listen to it direct. Many of the bluetooth headsets have radio built in. Talk to Motorcycle Dave and he can set you strait.http://www.motorcycledave.com/sena-headsets/

TEWKS
01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
Welcome & good luck with your new ride! :thumbup:

Pat

bodymanpainter
01-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the world of Spyder.
Toby

pegasus1300
01-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Welcome. I have the same RT as you,bought used also in June of 2015 with 8500 mi. I love it it has been a great ride.Be sure to read "Do's and Don'ts for new Spyder owners"

As to Bluetooth you will want to talk to Motorcycle who is a sponsor of this website motorcycledave.com. He will tell you all you need to about bluetooth and sells everything you need at the best prices around. He supplied my helmet headsets and the dongle needed to interface with the radio .I have the Sens smh 10

There is lots of good information here and lots of good people. Welcome to the forum. Ride early and ride often

Deanna777
01-31-2016, 10:41 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: on your new ride. Nice of you join us on this site. :nopic:

I can not help you with the Bluetooth, I am sure someone on this site will help you with the Bluetooth.

Have your :spyder2: laser alignment done, if your spyder needs tires, ( do a "advanced Search" upper right hand corner below the " My Profile, Settings, Notifications, Welcome Username that you sign on to this site, Log Out") have the dealership do a oil/filter change, get paper work about the Warranty, B.E.S.T warranty, DVD about the spyder/Roadside assistance, Owners Manual, trailer lock for future use, extra spyder keys( you should have 2).

Ride Safe!
Deanna

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-01-2016, 01:43 AM
The Sena's work great for BT. I don't use it to connect to the bikes radio. They are great for listening to music from your phone apps, and being able to converse with riders. I also have a 2012 RT and it is a great machine. As mentioned before, read the Do's and Do Not's. Great info there. This site is full of smart people who are generally willing to help. Most of all, ride the Spyder and have fun!!

Brian Kay
02-01-2016, 07:28 AM
The Sena or UClear products work great for blue tooth communications... Phone, GPS, other riders, etc.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Bob Denman
02-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the family! :yes::yes::yes:
(But I've got nothing for you about "Blue Teeth"... )

ARtraveler
02-01-2016, 12:27 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new RT.

For bike to bike, or driver/passenger communication, the Sena system works pretty good.

latony007
02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Congrats on your new ride. If you want to just listen to music (which you can do with the RT radio so i assume not) or use the phone you can get a helmet with BT built in for cheap and have no clunky piece on the outside of the helmet. If you want rider to rider or passenger communication get one of the Sena. The helmet built ins will do it but the transmitters are weak so above about 35 you cant hear squat for rider to rider. Phone and Music work great at highway speeds though.

PrairieSpyder
02-01-2016, 08:15 PM
:welcome:

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the ZOO

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
02-01-2016, 11:02 PM
To this site and the spyder world..:clap:you found a nice one..:2thumbs: there are many bluetooth out there and I have found a great one at ZOOZMC.com along with a great GPS and Video set up. The best known are the Sena and the Scala...

jerpinoy
02-02-2016, 12:02 AM
:congrats::welcome: you pick the best year 2012 like mine.:congrats:

POD KonB GA
02-02-2016, 05:45 AM
+1 for Sena, and welcome. Enjoy the ryde.

oldguyinTX
02-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Sena is the way to go. Links to your phone, GPS, and has rider to passenger to passenger intercom. Also works in the rain. As others have said, hook up with Motorcycledave, and he will get you set up. As a bonus, his prices are great. http://www.motorcycledave.com/

bronzeflex42
02-02-2016, 09:55 AM
:welcome: 2012 good choice!!

Orhnry1
02-02-2016, 06:51 PM
:welcome: 2012 good choice!!

I see you have barb wire graphics? Any pics of those or details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk