PDA

View Full Version : Passagner Heated seat and hand grips not working on my new 2015 RT Litmited

Marvin2488485
01-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Went for a ride tonight, first time the wife's been on the new bike, anyway long story short turned the wife's heated seat on and it doesn't work. If anyone has any knowledge of this issue please share with me the cure.
Thanks

Plyrod38
01-30-2016, 10:13 PM
When I first got my 2012, we experienced the same thing. I reported this to the dealer and he said they don't really get very hot. BS...There is a connector under a small panel on the left side, next to the passenger grip. It powers the heater. I discovered the plug was not connected. I Plugged the connectors together and the grip heaters worked. You may have the same situation, it's worth looking into. BTW, I bought my 2015 from a different dealer.

Marvin2488485
01-31-2016, 08:11 AM
When I first got my 2012, we experienced the same thing. I reported this to the dealer and he said they don't really get very hot. BS...There is a connector under a small panel on the left side, next to the passenger grip. It powers the heater. I discovered the plug was not connected. I Plugged the connectors together and the grip heaters worked. You may have the same situation, it's worth looking into. BTW, I bought my 2015 from a different dealer.

Thanks for the help, Ill look at that

Ride safe!

jaherbst
01-31-2016, 09:50 AM
Heated grips rocker switch also turns on Heated seat, passenger must be seated (seat weighted) for rear heat to work and passenger heat switch must be activated.

Jack

philblumenfeld
02-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Don't forget to check the fuses.