PDA

View Full Version : This type of crap relfects badly on all of us

JerryB
01-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Hi folks,

Another biker brawl: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rival-biker-gang-brawl-denver-expo-leads-1-dead-multiple-n507761

Not good at all,

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Denman
01-30-2016, 07:19 PM
:gaah: I agree; this isn't good for any of us... :banghead:
When the non-riding public hears about these messes; they associate ALL of us with them... nojoke

BajaRon
01-30-2016, 08:24 PM
I may be wrong but I don't see this reflecting on us. Most of the public at large understands that there are good bikers and bad bikers. From my experience the Spyder community has a pretty good reputation with most people.

Chupaca
01-30-2016, 08:34 PM
:agree: time has changed the beliefs. Most will still associate the brawls and club fights with the gang types....still not good and gets nothing but bad publicity even for them...:banghead::banghead:

Deer Slayer
01-30-2016, 08:55 PM
There is a difference between a biker and a Motorcyclist. I have never used drugs nor drink drive a motorcycle. All the gear all the time is one of the main reasons I am still on, not in the earth. The Pirate suit folks make all look bad. Now I know there is lots of money involved too. Not just biker types but a great drug problem in our great nation. Now I will step off the soap box. :cheers:

bmccaffrey
01-30-2016, 09:25 PM
The spyder and trike crew fall into a whole new category.

Walkers and canes :roflblack:

Now That's Funny

We Are Geezer Pleasers :roflblack:

Mazo EMS2
01-30-2016, 10:07 PM
I may be wrong but I don't see this reflecting on us. Most of the public at large understands that there are good bikers and bad bikers. From my experience the Spyder community has a pretty good reputation with most people.

I would have to agree with Ron on this one. I think most people see Spyder riders as "matured" motorcyclists. These clowns were gang member dirtbags, regardless of whether they were on bikes or not.

asp125
01-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Nahh.. I think we're good .. until we get "MC" patches on our Can Am gear. ;)

Bfromla
01-31-2016, 03:07 AM

I do patches123457 & got to find where i want to put these

Even my hat123458123459 funny story to go with that. One late summer day i get call of family in hospital so i rush to go see (all biker gear) get there get room number & go visit. Later as i am exiting other family i passed in waiting area inform me my entrance made a ruckus from a pompous fuss who was worried i was there for trouble.... (Till they let her know i was just there to see my grandma & that shut her up ) *note im no small redneck either. 6-3 240

BajaRon
01-31-2016, 08:45 PM

I know your comment is tongue in cheek so I'm not trying to correct anything you said with my comment.

But it isn't the patches that make the difference. It's what the patches represent and who is inside the jacket. I deal with customers all day, every day And I can say that Spyder Riders are the most honest, most understanding, easiest group I deal with on both a personal and commercial level. To me that says a great deal.

bmccaffrey
01-31-2016, 09:14 PM
I know your comment is tongue in cheek so I'm not trying to correct anything you said with my comment.

But it isn't the patches that make the difference. It's what the patches represent and who is inside the jacket. I deal with customers all day, every day And I can say that Spyder Riders are the most honest, most understanding, easiest group I deal with on both a personal and commercial level. To me that says a great deal.

Well said Ron.
I deal with 34 employees 60 dealers all a pain.

Spyder world a pleasure

BajaRon
01-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Well said Ron.
I deal with 34 employees 60 dealers all a pain.

Spyder world a pleasure

Get them to buy Spyders! It will improve them tremendously (though you may not be able to get them to come to work anymore!) :rolleyes:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-01-2016, 08:30 AM
AT THIS TIME i don't see this making :spyder2: or rice burners look bad

ARtraveler
02-01-2016, 12:12 PM
The story sounds like it was a mix of two 1% gangs. That can always lead to issues.

I don't see the incident affecting the :spyder2: community. We already have a reputation as being a bunch of geezers that ride three wheels because we can't do anything better. Let em think that and we should be good to go. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Pay no attention to my Avatar--if you don't like patches and pins. :roflblack:

GOZFST
02-01-2016, 01:02 PM
There is a difference between a biker and a Motorcyclist. I have never used drugs nor drink drive a motorcycle. All the gear all the time is one of the main reasons I am still on, not in the earth. The Pirate suit folks make all look bad. Now I know there is lots of money involved too. Not just biker types but a great drug problem in our great nation. Now I will step off the soap box. :cheers:
+! I'm a motorcyclist. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

5legsshort
02-01-2016, 04:42 PM
SURELY THAT WAS A "GUN FREE ZONE".... WHAT COULD HAVE WENT WRONG? :yikes: Just sayin'

Deer Slayer
02-01-2016, 08:21 PM
SURELY THAT WAS A "GUN FREE ZONE".... WHAT COULD HAVE WENT WRONG? :yikes: Just sayin'
Like picking up poop by the clean end. It does not work!:shocked:

bruiser
02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
The 'fight' was between the Iron Order MC and the Mongols MC. The Iron Order MC is a 'new' club founded in 2004. It's mostly LEO and military, however, just about anyone can join. The Mongols MC is a 1% club and is on the FBI list of criminal motorcycle clubs. They are a worldwide club. I have ridden in several charity rides with a local Iron Order club and they are all very friendly. There is also an Iron Rockets MC which is a sport bike club under the Iron Order banner.