PDA

View Full Version : Polaris ATV OEM CoilSpring Spacers->Comments

PatriotRider
01-26-2016, 07:23 PM
please post thoughts or experience with these

I've not seen anything mentioning such as an option for a solution to weak springs...

and as a bonus, quite inexpensive

Polaris ATV OEM Coil Spring Spacers 2872655

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I46HT6K?refRID=0MQMG6VV7X16W240TA88&ref_=pd_cart_vw_1_1_p

Dochatley
01-26-2016, 07:38 PM
I just installed these Sunday after reading about them in another members post. They were a bitch installing, even jacking up the front end doesn't spread the springs much at all. I did use the dish washing soap which helped. Have not ridden it yet to see if there is a noticeable difference. Hopefully this weekend.

bscrive
01-26-2016, 08:46 PM
I put a set on my wife's STL when she had it, and it made a big difference. It even lifted the front end up about 3/4".

manxman
01-27-2016, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=bscrive;1085098]I put a set on my wife's STL when she had it, and it made a big difference. It even lifted the front end up about 3/4".[/QUOT

I have these on my 2014 RT and they do make a difference, those and the heavier swaybar is just right. I ride two up almost always..........Also, two one inch pieces on the lowest coil each shock........

kngfsh27
01-27-2016, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=bscrive;1085098]I put a set on my wife's STL when she had it, and it made a big difference. It even lifted the front end up about 3/4".[/QUOT

I have these on my 2014 RT and they do make a difference, those and the heavier swaybar is just right. I ride two up almost always..........Also, two one inch pieces on the lowest coil each shock........
You answered the question I was going to ask. "How long of a piece for each spring?" This makes more sense. I just bought a pair. I figured if I tried to put the whole spacer in on each side, both my dogs would be saying cuss words by the time I was done.:yikes:

vstrommer
01-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Any Pics of the Install ?:dontknow:

2dogs
01-29-2016, 11:09 PM
Along with liquid soap I used a hard plastic pry tool that I got from Harbor Freight. (Lift the spyder and take the pressure off the springs) The tool and it's plastic companion tools are made to remove and install window and windshield glass. Very inexpensive and handy tools. Make sure you don't over lap the ends of the spacers, I placed mine as close as I could into the center coil. They work great and at Amazon's price of $20 they are worth twice the price. Happy trails.

PatriotRider
02-04-2016, 05:15 PM
I've got my spacers, my spyder is up on ramps, with jack lifting a wheel off the ramp in the air

I cut 1.75 inches off both of the split ends of the spacers. drenched both spring and spacer in soapy water.

with the spacer all in one piece
1) tried to install on center of spring which is around the body of the shock
2) tried to install around spring at higher end / above the body of the shock

tried using plastic tools that remove trim pieces from cars

even if hammering (afraid to hammer and damage the rubber spacer) the plastic tool on the lip of the spacer to "jump" over the spring at one end, have no idea what to do about the back side of the spacer to install

need more step by step help on the install...feel free to call me if you have some time

researching threads hints that some have cut pieces out of the spacer and installed 2 pieces between 1 & 2 inches in length at opposite ends of the spring...that would be easier, but is there a downside

thanx
Mike in Nawlins'
pulling hair out as an hour of daylight left
and a trip scheduled for tomorrow
504-494-7309

manxman
02-05-2016, 07:46 AM
I've got my spacers, my spyder is up on ramps, with jack lifting a wheel off the ramp in the air

I cut 1.75 inches off both of the split ends of the spacers. drenched both spring and spacer in soapy water.

with the spacer all in one piece
1) tried to install on center of spring which is around the body of the shock
2) tried to install around spring at higher end / above the body of the shock

tried using plastic tools that remove trim pieces from cars

even if hammering (afraid to hammer and damage the rubber spacer) the plastic tool on the lip of the spacer to "jump" over the spring at one end, have no idea what to do about the back side of the spacer to install

need more step by step help on the install...feel free to call me if you have some time

researching threads hints that some have cut pieces out of the spacer and installed 2 pieces between 1 & 2 inches in length at opposite ends of the spring...that would be easier, but is there a downside

thanx
Mike in Nawlins'
pulling hair out as an hour of daylight left
and a trip scheduled for tomorrow
504-494-7309

I cut the pieces in 1" size and after fighting them in everyway i could come up with I pushed them in sideways used channel lock pliers to turn them 90 degrees, worked well

Dochatley
02-05-2016, 06:50 PM
When I installed mine I cut about 1 1/2" off and rubbed dishwashing soap all along the two channels and out side. I started at one end and got one grove side in and then forced the bottom side in. You can use a screw driver to pry it in but something hard plastic or wood would be better ( no scratching shock powder coat). It was tough but once I got an end started I worked my way around forcing the rest in.

Also so I got to ride a couple hundred miles over weekend and liked the improvement. Cheapest Add on yet.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-05-2016, 07:35 PM
....Been thinking about the install problems.............maybe if you put a ( quality ) large screw type plumbers strap clamp around the spacer.....you might be able to squeeze it in.......It would have to be cut to size first.............just a thought ......Mike :thumbup: