PDA

View Full Version : Right At Home.....

Latemarch
02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
I've heard all the sad stories of howling brakes and burn spots on the exhaust, but hey not on my Spyder :D

Well, today at 610mi the brakes started squeeling with a new low moan from the rear brake when backing up :yikes: and while washing the machine today I noticed the burn spot on the muffler :shocked:

So now I feel right at home on this forum :thumbup:

bjt
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I've heard all the sad stories of howling brakes and burn spots on the exhaust, but hey not on my Spyder :D

Well, today at 610mi the brakes started squeeling with a new low moan from the rear brake when backing up :yikes: and while washing the machine today I noticed the burn spot on the muffler :shocked:

So now I feel right at home on this forum :thumbup:

Welcome home. :D That moaning in reverse is something that comes and goes on my Spyder. Getting the brake squeal service did take care of my squealing issues. Burn spot... well I haven't noticed it too much on my Spyder since I put the stock exhaust back on but I don't go out looking for it. I think its still just a small faded spot on my muffler.

aka1004
02-10-2009, 08:08 PM
i had my pads replaced last week and there is almost no squeaks. what little squeaks i have now is at lower pitch thou:dontknow:
that break howling when backing is gone thou

Roaddog2
02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Welcome home. :D That moaning in reverse is something that comes and goes on my Spyder. Getting the brake squeal service did take care of my squealing issues. Burn spot... well I haven't noticed it too much on my Spyder since I put the stock exhaust back on but I don't go out looking for it. I think its still just a small faded spot on my muffler.Like all other exhaust I have had on several other bikes I figure this is a common scenario I'm sure the hindle I'm using will start showing something sooner or later butt the sqeal is gone Magic Man should wright a new song :2thumbs: