PDA

View Full Version : Sheepskin Seat Covers

Moosemanj
01-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have info on the person that was selling the sheepskin seat covers at Spyderfest last year. They cover both driver and passenger seats in one piece.

Thanks

Chris

murphybrown
01-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Does anyone have info on the person that was selling the sheepskin seat covers at Spyderfest last year. They cover both driver and passenger seats in one piece.

Thanks

Chris

Misty Mountain Sheepskin Co. located in MO....I luv mine...have both the long hair and sheared....

cuznjohn
01-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Mountain Mist located in MO....I luv mine...have both the long hair and sheared....

i looked at their site, do they have the cut for our bikes, or do we need to just fit them to the seat

murphybrown
01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
i looked at their site, do they have the cut for our bikes, or do we need to just fit them to the seat

First I corrected the name it is actually Misty Mountain Sheepskin Co. They are custom made to fit your bike....my long hair covers both driver and passenger (I drive an RTS) the sheared is for just driver...but I did get covers for the driver backrest for both skins. Eliminates sweating...and heat. Yep go figure 110' in the shade and these skins keep you cooler...

SpyderAnn01
01-24-2016, 11:27 AM
The sheepskins are great and I love my Misty Mountain. They are even machine washable - you've got to get rid of that butt sweat somewhere. LOL

STELLING MAN
01-24-2016, 01:34 PM
I 've been riding bikes for fourty years sitting on sheepskins, they are warmer In cold weather and cooler In the hot weather, I wouldn't ride without one..

Bob Denman
01-24-2016, 01:48 PM
:D A "link", is as good as a nod... :thumbup:

http://www.mistymountainsheepskin.com/

Fat Baxter
01-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Alaska Leather (http://alaskaleather.com/collections/sheepskin-buttpads) also sells sheepskin buttpads.

I put a piece of rubberized shelf liner (http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ARubber%20Shelf%20Liner) under it, to help keep it in place. Sometimes, for really long trips, I also add a piece of bubble wrap ;) (yeah, I'm cheap!)

vstrommer
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Does anyone remember an approximate price of one for an RT ?:dontknow:

Explorer
01-24-2016, 07:08 PM
I have their seat cover and house shoes. I can highly recommend both. Gene is a gentleman to do business with.
Roger

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Does anyone remember an approximate price of one for an RT ?:dontknow:
The CC charge for mine was $107.60. That includes MO sales tax. I think there is some variability in pricing depending on color, availability, and negotiations. They may have been offering a SF special. I don't recall. The skin I selected was a bit small I think, but in any case I had them cut it down for driver seat coverage only, not passenger seat.

I can't say I have gotten any benefit from it. Haven't noticed any "warmer in cold" and "cooler in hot" like others report. What I have felt is a little bit of scratchiness sitting on it. After all, it is wool, and wool is scratchy!

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-24-2016, 08:35 PM
The CC charge for mine was $107.60. That includes MO sales tax. I think there is some variability in pricing depending on color, availability, and negotiations. They may have been offering a SF special. I don't recall. The skin I selected was a bit small I think, but in any case I had them cut it down for driver seat coverage only, not passenger seat.

I can't say I have gotten any benefit from it. Haven't noticed any "warmer in cold" and "cooler in hot" like others report. What I have felt is a little bit of scratchiness sitting on it. After all, it is wool, and wool is scratchy!
:hun:....:gaah:.....They do expect you to wear PANTS while you ride ....:lecturef_smilie:...:roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack:....Mike :thumbup:

AppleSpyder
01-24-2016, 11:03 PM
I also bought a sheepskin cover at Spyderfest this past year from them. I love it. For me it has kept me warmer in the cold and cooler in the heat. I don't have that "wet butt" feeling when riding in the summer heat. I can't imagine riding with out it now. Good money well spent....but I don't remember how much was spent :opps::opps: Cindy

Bob Denman
01-25-2016, 08:10 AM
:hun:....:gaah:.....They do expect you to wear PANTS while you ride ....:lecturef_smilie:...:roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack:....Mike :thumbup:

:shocked: Oh great... How am I gonna shake THIS mental image?? :banghead:

Moosemanj
01-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks to all who responded! Will call them today and order one.

Tango
01-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Bought one at Spyderfest last year (15). Great people to talk to. Great product! :thumbup: It did not cure the seat problem wife and I have. It did make it more bearable. Butt, new seat is on order. :clap: Tom :spyder:

jaherbst
01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
I bought my full fitted (front and rear) Sheepskin cover from "The Sheepskin Factory" in Denver CO. Super high quality and "genuine" sheepskin.
It was custom made for me and fits perfectly. If ordering you need to specify exactly what you want as they make many off the shelf "pads" for many brands.

I have a heated comfort seat with BRP backrest and yes I can feel the heat through the Sheepskin when on.

Jack

easysuper
01-25-2016, 11:41 AM
We bought ours for our RT's from Trevino's Leathers out of Deadwood SD. they were $100.00. I would not ride without them. they are held on with 2 laces that are easy to take off when I wash the bikes, We ride with them summer and winter. they come in a number of colors and the price is very afordable.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123188&stc=1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123189&stc=1