PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster, Panel

Cruising RT
01-23-2016, 06:09 PM
Sometime back, I recall reading a thread about some instrument clusters having a smudge or film inside clear cluster. I recently discovered on my 2014 RTL :ani29: has this issue. Does anyone recall this article and what was the fix to repair. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bob Denman
01-23-2016, 06:23 PM
I believe that you CAN take it apart...but it seems best to just let the dealer take a crack at it... :shocked:

DrewNJ
01-23-2016, 06:47 PM
On the RS it is for sure replaceable. On the RT it would also appear that it is as well because the lens is available for about $17. Part# 415129349 according to the online microfiche.
Good Luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-23-2016, 07:43 PM
........As I recall , the Dealer replaced under warranty.......Mike :thumbup:

Cruising RT
01-23-2016, 08:35 PM
........As I recall , the Dealer replaced under warranty.......Mike :thumbup: Did they replace clear cover or complete cluster?

Bfromla
01-23-2016, 08:58 PM
........As I recall , the Dealer replaced under warranty.......Mike :thumbup:

Here is another thread i spotted
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?89528-2013-ST-Limited-Speedometer-Lense-Replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaladinLV
01-23-2016, 09:54 PM
The FIX was bring it back to the dealer and having it pod replaced under WARRANTY by the dealer and BRP.

AJ

Sometime back, I recall reading a thread about some instrument clusters having a smudge or film inside clear cluster. I recently discovered on my 2014 RTL :ani29: has this issue. Does anyone recall this article and what was the fix to repair. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Did they replace clear cover or complete cluster?
.....The Lens .......Mike :thumbup:

MEP
01-26-2016, 01:21 PM
You might be thinking of this thread that I started, and to which several with the same issue responded. This is still somewhat of an open issue as far as I am concerned, because whether or not a permanent fix has been offered up remains to be seen. BRP wants my dealer to wash a brand new replacement lens with soapy water and then apply a small amount of dielectric silicone around the perimeter of it when reinstalling. We didn't get a chance to get that done before winter weather arrived but it will be done as soon as possible this spring. Although my Spyder is still under warranty, BRP basically said that if that doesn't do the trick they are not replacing the lens again because the filming issue is within acceptable limits as far as they are concerned. I disagree, as does my dealer, and I will pursue this further up the food chain if it becomes necessary.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?86659-Instrument-Gauge-Lens-Issue

QUOTE=Cruising RT;1084113]Sometime back, I recall reading a thread about some instrument clusters having a smudge or film inside clear cluster. I recently discovered on my 2014 RTL :ani29: has this issue. Does anyone recall this article and what was the fix to repair. Thanks in advance for any assistance.[/QUOTE]

latony007
01-27-2016, 12:20 PM
i had this issue on my RS and it was irritating. Only 500 miles on my RT so far but it better not happen on this too. Im under warranty till 2021 so they better fix it if it does.