PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question:

Bluehole
01-22-2016, 06:12 PM
I ran a circuit from the battery to a powerlet receptacle under the passenger seat of my F3-s to power my heated gear. It has a 15 amp mini fuse just after the positive connection at the battery. I am making a adapter using a powerlet plug to SAE (battery tender) to charge the battery from this same place. The question is: will it hurt anything to leave the 10 amp fuse of the battery tender attached to the powerlet plug or should I cut it off and just go with a straight wire connection to the plug?

This will allow me to hook up my battery tender at the same location as my heated gear, separately of course.:D:D

Grandpot
01-22-2016, 06:24 PM
Keep the fuse. The fuse is your protection.

fencepost
01-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Agree

Bfromla
01-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Trying to be sure i understand correctly. As you have it now it is using both the 15a & a 10a fuses in line.? You want to keep the fuse for protection do not change it to higher for the heated gear. Keep in mind if you blow one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retread
01-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Two fuses in one line? Shouldn't be a problem, the smaller one will go first, and from what you wrote, that's for the Battery Tender. So the BT has the required protection when it's plugged in, and the heated gear has it's protection when you use it.

john

Chupaca
01-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Many battery tenders will connect to the heated gear plug. You would not need to run a second line just an adapter if needed. you can also plug into a 12v outlet if there is one on your spyder now..:thumbup:

Ben Burped
01-22-2016, 09:46 PM
The 10 amp fuse will be fine. Leave it in line. Your set up will work. Don't over think it.