PDA

View Full Version : How come I am the only one...

ataDude
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
... in the U.S. to file a complaint with the NHTSA (DOT) about the Spyder's steering problems? You should quit complaining if you have problems but haven't done so, IMHO.

NOTE: If you file a complaint, put in only the facts in YOUR case... not others'. Do not speculate on things of which you do not have first-hand knowledge.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm Note that they have the Spyder listed under "Cars", not motorcycles.

And, BTW, the stinkin' input form converts your text to all CAPS (I hate that) and eliminates paragraphs. That's just in case you read mine. I didn't do it! :shocked:

bjt
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I wasn't aware of that site. If I have a problem, I'll post it there. (knock on wood) To date, I haven't had any real safety issues with my Spyder. (besides one or two numbskulls in cars)

dryheat
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
good link. All of us should bookmark it and use it if warranted. I personally haven't had any steering issues... but then I don't think my power steering has ever worked. I'm going in for my 6K service next week, and after all the horror stories about people trying to get it fixed, I'm not sure whether I want them to look at it! :dontknow:

Roaddog2
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
... in the U.S. to file a complaint with the NHTSA (DOT) about the Spyder's steering problems? You should quit complaining if you have problems but haven't done so, IMHO.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm Note that they have the Spyder listed under "Cars", not motorcycles.

.To date no steering problems or safety problems but you can bet I will if one occurs :spyder2:especial if there is no fix :ani29:

AMTJIM
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I think I just found my new favorite web site!

crazycanuck
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
. (besides one or two numbskulls in cars)

you are being quite generous

crazycanuck
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I think I just found my new favorite web site!

man you are going to be typing all night

BajaRon
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
good link. All of us should bookmark it and use it if warranted. I personally haven't had any steering issues... but then I don't think my power steering has ever worked. I'm going in for my 6K service next week, and after all the horror stories about people trying to get it fixed, I'm not sure whether I want them to look at it! :dontknow:

My 2 cents...have it checked out. At least you'll know if you have PS or not and it doesn't hurt.

Having it fixed seems to be about 99.9% how the dealer approaches it. I am convinced that if the dealer is agressive you'll have it back and working in a short time.

If your dealer is like mine...then I'd flip a coin and take it somewhere else no matter if you get heads or tails! :banghead: