PDA

View Full Version : First time poster

VossHog
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Spyder Lovers,

First time poster here. Wanted to say thanks to Lamonster and each of your for making this an entertaining and informative site. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts.

I've decided to save up some coin and buy a Spyder next spring. Hoping to get a '10 SM5 and that BRP will have a few of the bugs worked out by that time.

This will be the first non-4wheeler I've owned (don't haze me too bad!).

Know the Spyder is a hoss. Planning to take the MSF course. Any other advice you can give me to get prepared would be appreciated.

Take care and I look forward to participating in SpyderLovers!

crazycanuck
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
welcome

I came on this site and bought one within 6 weeks:yes:

Lamonster
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
welcome Glad to have you here. Keep us posted on your acquisition and let us know if we can help with any questions.:spyder2:

FANG
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
welcome GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN THE FOLD

GI Jane
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
welcome Let us know when you get your :spyder::yes::yes:

Greg H.
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
welcome

Conway, AR??!!! Road Trip!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!! :2thumbs:

8LEGS
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
:2thumbs:welcome

zzneonzz
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
welcome Keep us posted on things i'm not to far from you in Memphis.

babyanlee
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
welcome:2thumbs::2thumbs:

trikester
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
welcome :clap: AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY PROFILE PHOTO, I WAS A "TADPOLE TRIKE" ENTHUSIAST BEFORE I CAME TO THE SPYDER.

Some people call these "reverse trikes" but I think it should be the norm.

Unfortunately, being used to the ground clearance of my Yamaha dual-sport trike conversions has led to a few bottom scrapings on my Spyder. But no harm was done (that I know of, anyway) :spyder:

SpyderByter
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
welcome

bjt
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Welcome to SpyderLovers VossHog. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hi-103.gif

TONY YOUNG
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Hello fellow Arkansan,
Welcome to spyderlovers, if this site doesnt get you fired up about the Spyder I don't know what will!!! I bought my Spyder before they where even available here in Arkansas-April 08 and I can tell you from experience you will Love it.. If I was considering a SM5 I would not wait until 2010, all the bugs have already been takin care of. The prices will just go UP and you will lose another year of your life not riding a Spyder:mad:..NOT COOL..
Anywho I am in North Little Rock,Arkansas and I will be getting some Spyder Riders together soon this Spring hopefully starting a Spyder Riding group, so if this interest you we should stay in touch.. Also I know a great place that is local to you where you can purchase a Spyder and they will take great care of you!! Any question you may have on the Spyder (if you like to talk with someone local) I would be happy to help.
Just get one and your life will be better!!!welcome

Roaddog2
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
welcome Glad to have you here. Keep us posted on your acquisition and let us know if we can help with any questions.:spyder2::agree:welcome:ani29:

VossHog
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello fellow Arkansan,
Welcome to spyderlovers, if this site doesnt get you fired up about the Spyder I don't know what will!!! I bought my Spyder before they where even available here in Arkansas-April 08 and I can tell you from experience you will Love it.. If I was considering a SM5 I would not wait until 2010, all the bugs have already been takin care of. The prices will just go UP and you will lose another year of your life not riding a Spyder:mad:..NOT COOL..
Anywho I am in North Little Rock,Arkansas and I will be getting some Spyder Riders together soon this Spring hopefully starting a Spyder Riding group, so if this interest you we should stay in touch.. Also I know a great place that is local to you where you can purchase a Spyder and they will take great care of you!! Any question you may have on the Spyder (if you like to talk with someone local) I would be happy to help.
Just get one and your life will be better!!!welcome

Great!! Glad to know there are a few Arkies on the :spyder:bandwagon!

I tell ya, I would love to go ahead and pull the trigger and I agree with your premise. Who knows...I might go ahead and pull the trigger before next spring. Would be nice to cruise up to Fayetteville this fall in the :spyder: and watch the Hogs.

Going to depend on how much I can scrimp together and how fast. Assuming a sales price of about $14k, I'ld like to put about $5k down so the wifey doesn't :yikes: at the payments. We're sort of tight fisted.

Whether I have the :spyder: yet or not, I'll be sure to stop by and say hi if you start a group.

Fill me in on all the local dealer scoop. Who do you prefer? No too many choices outside of Bradford I guess, but if you live in NLR they are pretty derned convenient!

Shoot me an e-mail if you want to talk off-line.

Thanks to all for all the "welcomes"! Great group of folks here.

kalavera
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
welcome

This is a great site with plenty of friendly and knowledgeable people online.

This is spyderlovers.com
there are many forums like her
but this one is my home.

If you are planing on getting the SM5 dont wait. They have already gone up $1000 from 2008 to 2009. If you wait till 2010 you'll only spend more. If you want an SE5, I would wait.

hawkiii
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
welcome you'll love it

Trickie Dick
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
welcome Conway! Went to school (Hendrix) there many years ago. Nice town. Still have to go to Pulaski county line to get a beer? I only went to school there 2 years-something about setting the fish pond on fire. I was tired to the trip to the county line anyway.

pzim
02-11-2009, 03:38 AM
welcomeSADDLE UP!:clap: