PDA

View Full Version : How all this begin

M2Wild
02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
With multiple mods under my belt, I figure I'd better start tracking this stuff before I start forgetting about them (looking up at my new title there). LOL

Only a few months ago I was just day dreaming about a Spyder never intended on owning one because the price point is just not in my sensible discretionary spending range. I am aware of them and have seen them wiz by in the opposit direction once or twice. Then I ran into a deal I can't refuse and became a Spyder owner. Its barely broken-in and came with a Hindle, touring wind shield, caliper trim (plus the original parts). Knowing the Spyder is in its first year production, B.E.S.T. is a must get (10% eBay holiday discount coupon didn't hurt either).

babyanlee
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
:2thumbs::spyder::2thumbs::congrats:

M2Wild
02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
And since I got the Spyder day after Thanksgiving and rode all but a few hundred feet on my street unregistered before I had to hurry it into the basement ahead of cumulating snow, I thought I'd satisfy my Spyder craving by adding mods. Because I am a lazy bum, I figure I'd install as much as electronics as I can when I have the panels off. So fog lights, alarm, sport rack, tank bag, 12V jack and GPS tap all went in at the same time.

Talon alarm was quiet a challenge. Not because of physical difficulty but because of poorly written confusing instruction. I had to really hunt around to find the indicator LED and its lens needs to be pulled apart to fit thru the mounting hole. The Spyder specific harness made install easier but more detailed wiring instruction is needed. Dry fitting the control unit really helped to make sure all wirings will reach their intended instal points.

Reading member install comments and Lamonster's install thread really made my life a lot easier. One thing about BRP instructions, although confusing, they do make sense at the end. That means, don't omit any steps or make cuts or mods unless instructed to do so. If they don't say anything about it, then it will fit with a little elbo grease.

bjt
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
:yes: :thumbup: :f_spider:

M2Wild
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
I think by logging my list of problems, its symptoms and fixes it will help me keep on top of potential hazards and track the ever growing list of sensor repairs. Might even help the shop nerrowing things down and of course references for other members. This means I will be editing this thread frequently. ;)

LDFIREWORKS
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
:congrats::spyder2::clap:welcome:f_spider::yes::sp yder:

M2Wild
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Campaign no.: 2008-0003 dated August 12, 2008

PROBLEM: The parking brake may not normally release on some vehicles.

SOLUTION: Replace the parking brake locking plate and readjust torgue on clicker bolt.