PDA

View Full Version : Another 3 wheeler - Elio watch out!

finless
01-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Some might have seen this already.... I have not.

It's like a Spyder with a top! It steers like a MC e.g. has handlebars.

https://www.arcimoto.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGHG1szm3Q

Bob

PrairieSpyder
01-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Starting at $11,900. Expected to sell starting in 2016 (sounds familiar). Preorder and Reserve links just go to more information, no order forms.

I'd like to see one for real.

Cruzr Joe
01-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Thats funny, i think i have seen this post before :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, Sorry Bob.

Anonymous

finless
01-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Starting at $11,900. Expected to sell starting in 2016 (sounds familiar). Preorder and Reserve links just go to more information, no order forms.

I bet we see this before the Elio!

Per the video they are building 50 Beta rides... If we see those then it will be looking up I think.

A guy on Facebook says he is close to them in Oregon and may visit the plant and see.

Bob

jerpinoy
01-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Very nice for city commuting. Kinda pricey?????

finless
01-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Very nice for city commuting. Kinda pricey?????

$12K doesn't seem pricey to me...

Some things to note...

1) It drives the front wheels with 2 motors. Because they can control each motor this is the VSS system. So no hydraulic VSS like the Spyder.
2) It has regenerative breaking as well as a foot break if you need it. The regenerative breaking recharges the batteries.

If you ask me, if the roll cage was removed.... This would be an electric Spyder!

I think I want one....

Bob

jaherbst
01-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Hey I like this! It has three seats. I could take my wife and my girlfriend or two of my Giant Schnauzers. :D

Jack

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-06-2016, 10:02 PM
:2excited:.....I honestly don't see how they can bring this forward at this price point........But the first one I see at this price, and I will drop my CC on the table and drive it Home........Not kidding..... I'm already designing a removable hard trunk.......Mike

Bfromla
01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
$12K doesn't seem pricey to me...

Some things to note...

1) It drives the front wheels with 2 motors. Because they can control each motor this is the VSS system. So no hydraulic VSS like the Spyder.
2) It has regenerative breaking as well as a foot break if you need it. The regenerative breaking recharges the batteries.

If you ask me, if the roll cage was removed.... This would be an electric Spyder!

I think I want one....

Bob
:rolleyes: Sure you do, new toy, more helpful DIY vids:firstplace: We want on for you:bowdown:
:roflblack::roflblack:

Motorcycledave
01-07-2016, 12:04 AM
If this is the one I saw at the SEMA Show
it's electric low range I am guessing it's
not to good on the California freeways
more like a suped up golf cart
some call them a club car.
Only my opinion
Dave

Bob Denman
01-07-2016, 06:34 AM
Hi Bob,
I hope that you're right... Even though it's an electric vehicle!
But would I put down a "Sight Unseen" deposit for one? :shocked:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

scooterexpress
01-07-2016, 07:56 AM
it also showed it only had a 70mi range on a level 2 charge which was 4-5hrs I think they could of incorporated a gas motor along with the electric and basically called it a hybrid so for the price there asking with only a 70mi range to me a waste of money seems like you'll be spending more time charging then riding.

wyliec
01-07-2016, 08:00 AM

If you go here, and then roll toward the bottom, and click on preorder, you can give them all the necessary info:

https://www.arcimoto.com/#

It works. I just filled in the preorder form, and then backed out before clicking on my CC.

Also, there is a FAQ section, in case you didn't see it. Top speed 85 mph, and cruising range of 70 miles, with standard battery.

https://www.arcimoto.com/faq/

wyliec
01-07-2016, 08:08 AM
it also showed it only had a 70mi range on a level 2 charge which was 4-5hrs I think they could of incorporated a gas motor along with the electric and basically called it a hybrid so for the price there asking with only a 70mi range to me a waste of money seems like you'll be spending more time charging then riding.

With the extended battery it's 130 miles.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-07-2016, 08:11 AM
sorta looks like a sporty golf cart, what is the range & how is the handling on turns

PrairieSpyder
01-07-2016, 09:00 AM
sorta looks like a sporty golf cart, what is the range & how is the handling on turns

If I ever move to The Villages in Florida, I'd have one of these! nojoke

Otherwise, not so much.

Bob Denman
01-07-2016, 09:01 AM
With the extended battery it's 130 miles.
So the Base price gets you an insufficient range, and the "optional at extra cost" goodies; start to make it seem reasonable... :shocked:

Chupaca
01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Though it would fall in the category of the "autocycle" they are having the handlebars to keep it closer to the cycle...:dontknow: time will tell.....

Bob Denman
01-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Scooter's right: if they "Hybridized" it; it'd be viable in a whole bunch of other markets! :thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
01-07-2016, 01:37 PM
It reminds me of one of these

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122307&stc=1

Bob Denman
01-07-2016, 01:48 PM
But if you put a racing stripe on one of those; it'll help them go a whole lot faster...:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1z43muPetNc

NautiBrit
01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
If I ever move to The Villages in Florida, I'd have one of these! nojoke

Otherwise, not so much.

Patti,

They wouldn't accept you at the Villages, you're too much of a rebel.

latony007
01-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Hey I like this! It has three seats. I could take my wife and my girlfriend or two of my Giant Schnauzers. :D

Jack

Did anyone else see 3 seats? that might be a selling point but i only saw 2. I wish i could get my wife on kid on the spyder. Like one of those 3 seat watercraft BRP sells :)