PDA

View Full Version : I'm a happy new Spyder owner

guzzihack
12-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Yesterday (Sunday) my wife Bonnie and I made a 500+ mile round trip to Nielsen's on the north side of Chicago to pick up our new Spydey, a '15 RT SE6 Special Series. Our time at Nielsens was an enjoyable experience too. We have been riding Guzzis for years but my wife hasn't been able to go with me for quite some time. We're hoping Spydey will change all that. Now just have to get some warm enough weather to ride. Freezing rain today. Hope to be able to make it to Spyderfest this spring and get an initiation into the Spyder life. Ride Safe

jaherbst
12-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the Spyder Zoo. Good to have you aboard!

Jack

PrairieSpyder
12-28-2015, 09:13 PM
:congrats: We had sleet then snow last night and today. Our temps won't get higher than 30 this week. I'm also just counting the days till I can ryde again. I hope to meet you at Spyderfest. You'll love it!

samewok
12-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Welcome and enjoy when weather is better.

Highwayman2013
12-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Welcome from North Las Vegas NV

guzzihack
12-28-2015, 09:33 PM
I always wanted to be part of something, but a zoo? I'm sure the mrs thinks that I have all the qualifications. I've always said a person should at least be good at one thing. Now, farkle farkle, where should I begin. Oh scratch off the lazer alignment, Nielsens through that one in free gratis. Yaay

NM Wrench
12-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I always wanted to be part of something, but a zoo? I'm sure the mrs thinks that I have all the qualifications. I've always said a person should at least be good at one thing. Now, farkle farkle, where should I begin. Oh scratch off the lazer alignment, Nielsens through that one in free gratis. Yaay
I would start with Baja Ron's sway bar and Spyder Pops bump skid. Both sponsors here

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ben Burped
12-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Welcome to Spyder world. You have started a grand adventure. Hope for an early spring.

Chupaca
12-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Glad your giving the roadster a try...:2thumbs: you will soon see what we all see in these machines and forget the Guzzi's...though I have always loved those Italian bikes....but not as much as...:spyder:

Rladuke
12-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Was shocked to see you're from "Media IL" ....I'm from near Galesburg, IL and am new to the spyder world too. We got our 2015 RT Limited from Pitbull in Springfield just a few months ago and plan on attending some events at Spyderfest this Spring too to see what it is all about. We have a place In Branson, MO too and are leaving it down there for the winter so we will be all ready for Spyderfest!! Maybe we will meet up with you there.... Have fun with it!!!!;)

ARtraveler
12-28-2015, 11:00 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ride. :yes:

Jim&Teresa
12-28-2015, 11:11 PM
:congrats::welcome: You will have a great time! Enjoy! :ohyea:

Ex Winger
12-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Congrats on your new:spyder2:.Yours looks a lot like mine.Enjoy.
Bill

Professor
12-29-2015, 06:16 AM
Welcome from another former Guzzi rider. I've owned many motorcycles. The only ones I still miss are a 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal and a 2012 BMW K1600 GTL. A neurological condition led me to my current 2014 Spyder RT Ltd and I love it. The roadster took some getting used to after around five decades on two wheels, but it now provides an incredible amount of fun.

My wife and I rode to our first Spyderfest this past April and we both really enjoyed it.

Again, welcome to the tribe - or herd - or whatever you call a bunch of Spyders.

GloryRyders
12-29-2015, 06:19 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:..........hope to see you at Spyderfest in April!:yes:

Bob Denman
12-29-2015, 08:06 AM
:D If you've already got Farkling on your mind; you'll fit in here just like peanut butter does with jelly! :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121876&stc=1

:welcome:

Ex-Rocket
12-29-2015, 09:46 AM
:congrats: &:welcome: You will love the 1330 engine and 6 speed trans. Let the farkling begin.

jerpinoy
12-29-2015, 07:33 PM
:congrats:and :welcome: Ride safe and have fun

Tony P.
12-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Very nice!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Tango
12-29-2015, 10:17 PM
:congrats::welcome::2excited:

guzzihack
01-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Was shocked to see you're from "Media IL" ....I'm from near Galesburg, IL and am new to the spyder world too. We got our 2015 RT Limited from Pitbull in Springfield just a few months ago and plan on attending some events at Spyderfest this Spring too to see what it is all about. We have a place In Branson, MO too and are leaving it down there for the winter so we will be all ready for Spyderfest!! Maybe we will meet up with you there.... Have fun with it!!!!;)

I have registered for Spyderfest for the wife and I. We have reservations at the Lamplighter. Hope to see you there. I'm ready for a ride and some fun.

vstrommer
01-03-2016, 08:18 PM
:congrats:ENJOY AND RIDE SAFE WHEN THE WEATHER COOPERATES....:ohyea:

Flospyrida
01-03-2016, 09:44 PM
:congrats: on your New:spyder2: I'm sure you will enjoy it more than the Guzzi.
I'm also staying at the Lamplighter, will be there on the 27th. Looking forward to
meeting y'all. :yes:

Ron2andia
01-03-2016, 10:06 PM
:welcome:!!! Enjoy!

Buggy
01-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Welcome ...wishing you many miles of smiles!

trikermutha
01-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Yesterday (Sunday) my wife Bonnie and I made a 500+ mile round trip to Nielsen's on the north side of Chicago to pick up our new Spydey, a '15 RT SE6 Special Series. Our time at Nielsens was an enjoyable experience too. We have been riding Guzzis for years but my wife hasn't been able to go with me for quite some time. We're hoping Spydey will change all that. Now just have to get some warm enough weather to ride. Freezing rain today. Hope to be able to make it to Spyderfest this spring and get an initiation into the Spyder life. Ride Safe

Hope you got a good deal from them. That's a long ride this late in the year to pickup a bike and ride home..You must have missed the sleet storm

Deanna777
01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=guzzihack;1075502]I always wanted to be part of something, but a zoo? I'm sure the mrs thinks that I have all the qualifications. I've always said a person should at least be good at one thing. Now, farkle farkle, where should I begin. Oh scratch off the lazer alignment, Nielsens through that one in free gratis. Yaay[/QUOTE Add to your list of farkles list: WrapMySpyder.com( a vendor/sponsor on this site) ( Pete) Great Service, & Lamont's Garage to name a few, also look @ the " Home Page" for a list of Vendors/Sponsors on this site. Deanna

Deanna777
01-04-2016, 07:38 PM
:welcome: enjoy your new :spyder2: you will love the new 1330 Ace Engine, less maintance, and etc. Deanna

guzzihack
01-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Hope you got a good deal from them. That's a long ride this late in the year to pickup a bike and ride home..You must have missed the sleet storm
Actually I think I got a very good deal. It was worth the trip to N Chicago (which us truck drivers call The Chitty City, which the Ch sounds more like Sh). When we were there a guy dressed in Harley synthetic picked up a new yel Limited and rode back to Ohio. He was braver than me to go around Chicago and Gary in those temps that fog up face shields. Anyway, sold my pickup to pay for the Spyder and ended up putting a hitch on the mini van. Have since sold the 14' trailer and will get a shorter single axle. But I finally had time this last Sunday for a short ride in 34o. I was all smiles. Ride Safehttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122214&stc=1Ride Safehttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122215&stc=1

HayRog
01-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Nice ride Guzzi. I think I see the start of a smile inside that helmet :D

SteveLaoyster
01-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Sounds like a great Xmas gift!! I've got to wait until I settle on selling my house to get my new spyder. Hopefully this spring. Got my eye on a 2015 RT-S SE6 in white or a 2015 RT-S Limited in yellow. Happy Riding!:congrats:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Actually I think I got a very good deal. It was worth the trip to N Chicago (which us truck drivers call The Chitty City, which the Ch sounds more like Sh). When we were there a guy dressed in Harley synthetic picked up a new yel Limited and rode back to Ohio. He was braver than me to go around Chicago and Gary in those temps that fog up face shields. Anyway, sold my pickup to pay for the Spyder and ended up putting a hitch on the mini van. Have since sold the 14' trailer and will get a shorter single axle. But I finally had time this last Sunday for a short ride in 34o. I was all smiles. Ride Safehttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122214&stc=1Ride Safe
Good thing it has the shorty windshield on it. If that had been the full size windshield and left on like it looks like you did here, the wind quite possibly would have ripped it right off. The windshields are designed to go 80 mph forward, not backward!