PDA

View Full Version : spyder adjustable driver backrest

rtga
12-28-2015, 10:47 AM
I received the spyder backrest kit. it is composed of the same hardware plus a new bracket, a bolt and a spring. Install is easy, just remove the old parts and replace them with the new. be careful to put the spring in correctly. There are 2 tiny beebee like balls that may pop or fall out when you remove the bracket. Don't worry, they get discarded anyway. BIG WARNING HERE: be very, very, very careful when unzipping the cover. the 2 zippers on my backrest were missing the pulls and I had to use needle nose pliers to unzip. I can't express how important it is to be careful with the zippers as they are cheap, had teeth missing and I could not rezip one side. I now have to go to an upholster to get new zippers installed on the seat back. but the concept is like other adjustable backrests and although I have not been able to use it yet, I think if you are currently unhappy with the stock backrest, this kit will provide some relief.:pray:

blacklightning
12-28-2015, 12:36 PM
That sounds great. Please post pictures of it installed when you get a chance. I think that will be my next mod.

Bob Denman
12-28-2015, 12:43 PM
:agree: Thanks for this info; just waiting on the pictures... :D :bbq::bbq::bbq:

Brentc
12-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Would love some pics too. Also, I'm not necessarily unhappy with the backrest, but if the adjustable upgrade makes it even more comfortable then I'm in. If your able to give any feedback on how you think it feels compared to the stock.

Not easy being on the cutting edge is it:popcorn:

rtga
12-28-2015, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=blacklightning;1075347]That sounds great. Please post pictures of it installed when you get a chance. I think that will be my next mod. I am in the process of getting the zippers repaired. as far as looks, there is no change. it still bends forward, however, with the spring it now tilts back until it hits the adjustable stop screw. works like my old utopia backrest on my victory. /QUOTE]

cyclekid58
12-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Mine will be here next week sometime, sounds like it will work like the adjustable backrest that was on my mustang seat on the old 2 wheeler. I will also try to get pics and post an update once installed.

cyclekid58
01-05-2016, 08:55 PM
My kit just arrived today, will be a few days yet before I get it installed. Will try to get pics and post them, install looks simple, as I don't have to change the mount plate under the seat.