PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Dongle Questions

Alberts46
12-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if the BRP Bluetooth Dongle will also work with the CB.

Motorcycledave
12-26-2015, 06:32 PM
The transmitter you are asking about is
a SENA SM10 it is made for radio output
only and is made for all motorcycle sound systems
to make a CB radio work in bluetooth mode
you need the SENA SR10 and the proper cable
for your brand/type of unit
I Stock them all
Dave

Spyder RTL
12-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know if the BRP Bluetooth Dongle will also work with the CB.
By CB, do you mean the BRP CB? I have the BRP CB and it was my understanding that the BRP Bluetooth Dongle will not work. The dongle connects to the same connector that the CB uses. This means it's one or the other, not both.

If I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time...or the last), someone please correct me.

Dave

finless
12-27-2015, 12:58 PM
By CB, do you mean the BRP CB? I have the BRP CB and it was my understanding that the BRP Bluetooth Dongle will not work. The dongle connects to the same connector that the CB uses. This means it's one or the other, not both.

If I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time...or the last), someone please correct me.

Dave

You are correct!

Bob

Larry rt
12-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Bob, question for you . There is two connectors to the doongle. One is for power and the other one is for sound (I think ). Are you saying if I hook up a cb to these, the ptt button on the bike would work ?

fratzba
12-27-2015, 07:27 PM
The SR10 comes with its own PTT switch. I believe that nothing but the BRP CB system can use the built-in PTT, as it's on the CANBUS.

-Fratz

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-27-2015, 11:55 PM
Bob, question for you . There is two connectors to the doongle. One is for power and the other one is for sound (I think ). Are you saying if I hook up a cb to these, the ptt button on the bike would work ?
No, it won't. Your choice is BRP CB with hard wired helmets, or a handheld CB with the BT interface that has a separate PTT. As was mentioned, the PTT on the Spyder is part of the Can Bus communication to the audio unit. The audio unit then sends a TX command to the CB. The PTT does not connect to the CB directly.

Finless has been investigating the possibility of capturing the PTT signal in some fashion to operate a handheld, but it's a tough nut to crack and a low priority item for him. I've kicked around the idea of tying a BT system into the audio for BRP CB use but haven't worked very hard at it. BT has its own challenges when it comes to interfacing to it. The complication is two-way signal from the helmet to the dongle(s) along with stereo audio to the helmet while maintaining two-way communication to other helmet BT units. There's also the issue of signal levels between the headset connectors and what needs to go into a BT dongle.

deldon
01-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Howdy folks, new to this forum and new owner of a 2103 RT LTD SE. My father always said there are no stupid questions...just stupid people! So here goes, where do I look on my Spyder to see if I have the BRP dongle installed on it. Just purchased a pair of Bell Revolver EVO lids and plan on outfitting with headsets for my bride and me and don't know what all I need to be able to interface all this techno stuff without driving down the hiway looking like a complete dork. Thanks for your help in advance! D

finless
01-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Howdy folks, new to this forum and new owner of a 2103 RT LTD SE. My father always said there are no stupid questions...just stupid people! So here goes, where do I look on my Spyder to see if I have the BRP dongle installed on it. Just purchased a pair of Bell Revolver EVO lids and plan on outfitting with headsets for my bride and me and don't know what all I need to be able to interface all this techno stuff without driving down the hiway looking like a complete dork. Thanks for your help in advance! D

If you have the BRP setup the SM10 module will be mounted in your front trunk. If it's there you can't miss seeing it.
It is not standard equipment on any model so you would have had to order it.

If you want the Dongle I recommend ordering it from Motorcycle Dave. This setup mounts the SM10 in the rear trunk and thus it's easier to access and less trouble with disconnects.

Bob

pegasus1300
01-02-2016, 11:00 AM
+1 on getting the dongle from motorcycledave. His price is much better then BRP and it comes with the necessary cord to connect it to your radio at no extra charge. He can also supply you with headsets for your helmets and he has a video on his website on the dongle install. Great people to deal with.

Larry rt
01-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Yes, they are supplier! Delt with him a while back great guy!