PDA

View Full Version : Little Bit Chilly Finger Ride

SpyderWalter
12-26-2015, 08:32 AM
I really enjoy winter riding and this is the first winter with my Spyder. So far I don't even need to turn on the heated grips. Went on a nice Christmas Day ride and there were lots of other bikes on the road, unusual for this time of year because in the New York/New Jersey has no snow and little frost.

Next week I hope to go again on the WBAB Cold Finger Run on New Years Day through Long Island. Anyone else planning on going on the ride?
SpyderWalter

Chupaca
12-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Not often you see so many still riding in late December. ..enjoy..!! :ohyea::ohyea:

Synthetic
01-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Cool!

ARtraveler
01-01-2016, 02:11 PM
I am noting that you NE folks are having the warmest winter on record so far. Glad you can still get out there and ride, ride, ride.

We have had the high 30's and mid 40's. The snow is almost gone, only the high mountains are still snow capped.

If it was not for two and a half blocks of solid ice, and some black ice in assorted places, I would be riding in a heartbeat. :yes:

SpyderWalter
01-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Went ont he WBAB Cold Finger Ride today on Long Island, pretty chilly, thousands of bikes, but mostly leather bound Harleys. Did see one other Spyder but didn't get to chat. Lots of fun. The biker bash after was not any fun (never is) but found a great restaurant in Patchogue called Bobbicue. Delicious.
Spyder Walter