PDA

View Full Version : Spyders in the Redwoods 2018

cyclekid58
12-23-2015, 04:51 PM
According to Spydergirl 2018 will be the next SITR, since it is now alternating years with the Red Rock Rally which will be held in 2017. I plan on doing this event, my wife will have her spyder by then and we are looking forward to it. We are doing the Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year. How many are thinking about the SITR rally and would attend, be neat to see it even better than the 2015 rally. :thumbup:

Chupaca
12-23-2015, 05:04 PM
I hope to make them all...well the west coast ones...:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
12-23-2015, 05:12 PM
According to Spydergirl 2018 will be the next SITR, since it is now alternating years with the Red Rock Rally which will be held in 2017. I plan on doing this event, my wife will have her spyder by then and we are looking forward to it. We are doing the Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year. How many are thinking about the SITR rally and would attend, be neat to see it even better than the 2015 rally. :thumbup:

Red Rocks is also in 2016, right?

Highwayman2013
12-23-2015, 05:48 PM

Yes, 2017 should be SITR.http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

Highwayman2013
12-23-2015, 05:50 PM

2016 is the Red Rock Rally http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

cyclekid58
12-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Yes, 2017 should be SITR.http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

No, according to a PM I got from Spydergirl, the Red rocks rally will be done both 2016 and 2017, then alternate years after that, and she specifically told me Red rocks for 2 years then SITR in 2018. Things could change but that is the last info I got direct.

pegasus1300
12-23-2015, 06:35 PM
That is my understanding also. 2 years SITRR then back to the Redwoods. BTW are you coming down to Spyders in the Red Rocks,it's not that far from you? Only 14 hrs according to google maps. Looks like Pocatello is about half way but I would go to Logan for the night then finish the next day. I think Logan is a nicer area. Maybe go back thru Nevada.

cyclekid58
12-23-2015, 07:14 PM
That is my understanding also. 2 years SITRR then back to the Redwoods. BTW are you coming down to Spyders in the Red Rocks,it's not that far from you? Only 14 hrs according to google maps. Looks like Pocatello is about half way but I would go to Logan for the night then finish the next day. I think Logan is a nicer area. Maybe go back thru Nevada.

No Can only afford one major trip a year, Deadwood is it for 2016 and have an oregon coast trip planned for 2017, SITR will be my 2018 trip.

Highwayman2013
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
It would be good if this was on the Facebook page or website.

jaherbst
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
​I have attended Spyders in the Redwoods twice and would much prefer the Red Rocks Rally every year. The riding in Southern Utah beats Northern California hands down. Weather and Smoke from the fires was not fun. Fog all day and ashes all night at both Blue Lake and Eureka not to mention the cold weather. Also some traffic disruptions from Fire Fighters getting to and from the many fires.

Those of you attending the Red Rocks Rally will see what I mean after comparison. A big hand for Katlyn for doing either.

Jack

pegasus1300
12-23-2015, 08:20 PM
I helped plan and host 2 rallys in the Red Rocks area for Trike Talk.com. Great places to ride besides Bryce,Cedar Breaks and Zions.

Highwayman2013
12-23-2015, 08:57 PM
No, according to a PM I got from Spydergirl, the Red rocks rally will be done both 2016 and 2017, then alternate years after that, and she specifically told me Red rocks for 2 years then SITR in 2018. Things could change but that is the last info I got direct.

You are correct and I was wr wr wr mistaken. I asked her about it. Have a great holiday.

Pirate looks at --
12-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Would there be interest in another rally on the west coast, and maybe not in such cold and wet weather, with some great Ryding and maybe some redwoods too?

jaherbst
12-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Would there be interest in another rally on the west coast, and maybe not in such cold and wet weather, with some great Ryding and maybe some redwoods too?

Where there is Redwoods there is fire and fog. Only good WX that time of year with less chance of fire would be inland. Borrego Springs to Julian is great riding. Anything in between.

Jack

SpyderAnn01
12-24-2015, 02:15 AM
I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow and it is Christmas Eve, I'd like to get through 2016 before I worry about 18.

cyclekid58
12-24-2015, 09:04 AM
I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow and it is Christmas Eve, I'd like to get through 2016 before I worry about 18.

True Ann, it's a long ways off yet. Are you guys going to the Deadood rally, if so are you going to be vendors?

SpyderAnn01
12-24-2015, 01:01 PM
True Ann, it's a long ways off yet. Are you guys going to the Deadood rally, if so are you going to be vendors?

That is the plan! I'm looking forward to that event as I heard all good things about it this year. We would have attended but it was a conflict with our Alaska trip.

Pirate looks at --
12-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Where there is Redwoods there is fire and fog. Only good WX that time of year with less chance of fire would be inland. Borrego Springs to Julian is great riding. Anything in between.

Jack

Jack, there are no Redwoods in Tucson, you may not be an expert! There are plenty of places where the redwoods grow where it never gets foggy, except in the dead of winter! So, Jack if you aren't interested, I hope you would allow us to proceed without you. Did you know there are more than species of Redwood? Do you know that they grow in very different climates? There are actually three species, two grow in California. Do you know where the 3rd Variety grows?

jaherbst
12-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Jack, there are no Redwoods in Tucson, you may not be an expert! There are plenty of places where the redwoods grow where it never gets foggy, except in the dead of winter! So, Jack if you aren't interested, I hope you would allow us to proceed without you. Did you know there are more than species of Redwood? Do you know that they grow in very different climates? There are actually three species, two grow in California. Do you know where the 3rd Variety grows?

I am from the Northwest and am very familiar with Redwoods, Fire. and Fog. Worked one summer in the Redwoods so no, I will not allow you to proceed without me. Just a reminder that this is a forum and all are allowed there opinion. I lived in Northern CA, Oregon and WA for over 50 years.

Congratulations on your fine expertise on Redwoods but that does not change the Fog, Cold weather and Fires. Where in "Northern CA do you live"?

Jack

eagle
12-24-2015, 06:38 PM
I would like more information about this event could someone help me with this. as

Highwayman2013
12-24-2015, 07:15 PM
I would like more information about this event could someone help me with this. as

See post #5 or: http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

jaherbst
12-25-2015, 12:38 AM

Highwayman has you covered with a link. The same gracious lady who put on Spyders In The Redwoods is putting on the Red Rocks Rally. Katlyn does a terrific job and you will not be disappointed. She lives in Salt Lake City. Spyder in the Redwoods Rally will be resting a few years and the Red Rocks Rally will take it's place. IMO some of the greatest rides and scenery in this entire country.

Jack

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:18 PM

Yes, the Red Rock Spyder Rally will be held this year from September 27th to 30th in St George, UT. Registration opens on 2/28.

Registration and information is at www.redrockspyderrally.com.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Highwayman has you covered with a link. The same gracious lady who put on Spyders In The Redwoods is putting on the Red Rocks Rally. Katlyn does a terrific job and you will not be disappointed. She lives in Salt Lake City. Spyder in the Redwoods Rally will be resting a few years and the Red Rocks Rally will take it's place. IMO some of the greatest rides and scenery in this entire country.

Jack

Thank you so much for your kind words Jack. I try very hard to make it the best event I can. I am very excited for the Red Rock Spyder Rally this year.

This is the most beautiful area of the country that I have ever seen. Utah is home of FIVE national parks and it's the only state to boast about that.

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:21 PM

Link has been posted. Check out the website. It has all the information you need. Registration opens 2/28. :yes:

Thank you!!

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:23 PM
I helped plan and host 2 rallys in the Red Rocks area for Trike Talk.com. Great places to ride besides Bryce,Cedar Breaks and Zions.

Would you be willing to help with the 2016 event? I am looking for riders that are more familiar with the area. Please send me an e-mail and let me know.

redrockspyderrally@gmail.com

Thanks!!

BLBryant
02-17-2016, 01:47 AM

I would be interested! Just name the place and time!

pegasus1300
02-17-2016, 02:07 AM
Would you be willing to help with the 2016 event? I am looking for riders that are more familiar with the area. Please send me an e-mail and let me know.

redrockspyderrally@gmail.com

Thanks!!

I sent you an email.

SpyderGirl
03-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Would there be any interest in attending Spyders in the Redwoods in SOUTHERN OREGON? Never too early to plan ahead. :)

:yes: By the way..... we are still registering for the 2016 RED ROCK SPYDER RALLY.... www.redrockspyderrally.com (http://www.redrockspyderrally.com). :yes:

cyclekid58
03-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Would there be any interest in attending Spyders in the Redwoods in SOUTHERN OREGON? Never too early to plan ahead. :)

:yes: By the way..... we are still registering for the 2016 RED ROCK SPYDER RALLY.... www.redrockspyderrally.com (http://www.redrockspyderrally.com). :yes:

I am interested, and there probably would be from NE Washington and North Idaho as well. It would be an easy trip into the redwoods from that area plus some oregon rides.:2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
03-23-2016, 02:40 PM
I am interested, and there probably would be from NE Washington and North Idaho as well. It would be an easy trip into the redwoods from that area plus some oregon rides.:2thumbs:

I know it's a ways out, but never hurts to start thinking ahead. :)

5ft2lilred
10-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Hubby and I would be interested in the 2018 ride if we had dates. We are planning Lake Pateres, WA for the Heart of Wa in June; Deadwood in July, NorCal in Sept.

SpyderGirl
10-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Hubby and I would be interested in the 2018 ride if we had dates. We are planning Lake Pateres, WA for the Heart of Wa in June; Deadwood in July, NorCal in Sept.

There will be no SITR in 2018 or any other year as long as there is already an event in California (NCSR). I do not wish to compete with another event in the same state. I have not updated the SITR website to reflect this (forgot password).

Furthermore, after seven years of running these rallies, I'll be taking 2018 off to recharge and start plans on the 8th Annual Western Regional Spyder Rally to be held in Idaho Falls (Tetons/Yellowstone) in 2019. Info will be posted on the 2019 event once it's available. There is an announcement on Facebook on this change.

I will, however, be working together with the coordinator of the Deadwood rally to grow that event.

See you in Deadwood!!!

cyclekid58
10-06-2017, 12:28 PM
There will be no SITR in 2018 or any other year as long as there is already an event in California (NCSR). I do not wish to compete with another event in the same state. I have not updated the SITR website to reflect this (forgot password).

Furthermore, after seven years of running these rallies, I'll be taking 2018 off to recharge and start plans on the 8th Annual Western Regional Spyder Rally to be held in Idaho Falls (Tetons/Yellowstone) in 2019. Info will be posted on the 2019 event once it's available. There is an announcement on Facebook on this change.

I will, however, be working together with the coordinator of the Deadwood rally to grow that event.

See you in Deadwood!!!

You are so awsum Katlyn, the hard work you do does not go unnoticed! We are going to attend the 2019 event in Idaho Falls, and also Deadwood in 2019 for the 5th annual event. 2018 is NW PAC event in lake pateros (Formerly HOW) and NorCal. Looking forward to 2019!

SpyderGirl
10-06-2017, 12:30 PM
You are so awsum Katlyn, the hard work you do does not go unnoticed! We are going to attend the 2019 event in Idaho Falls, and also Deadwood in 2019 for the 5th annual event. 2018 is NW PAC event in lake pateros (Formerly HOW) and NorCal. Looking forward to 2019!

Thank you so much!!!! See you at Deadwood and Idaho Falls!!!!! Happy Spydering!!!

UtahPete
03-20-2018, 04:37 PM
I'll be taking 2018 off to recharge and start plans on the 8th Annual Western Regional Spyder Rally to be held in Idaho Falls (Tetons/Yellowstone) in 2019. Info will be posted on the 2019 event once it's available. There is an announcement on Facebook on this change.
I just saw on Facebook that Katlyn is canceling any further rallies, including the Idaho Falls one in 2019. No explanation. Anyway, here is the post;

It is with sorrow (and yet some excitement) that after 7+ years of service I have decided to retire from running the Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies, which included Spyders in the Redwoods in California, Red Rock Spyder Rally in Utah, and what was to be the upcoming unnamed event in Idaho in 2019.

When I started this endeavor, there was a limited number of rallies with our passion for the Spyder in mind. As our hobby has grown, so have the choices of Spyder-centered events for us to attend.

Before I leave you, there are several other items to address. First, I'm grateful for all of you, your support and the friendships I've formed with you all over the years. Fear not, you'll not be rid of me. Secondly, the funds remaining in the account used for our rally are being donated to various charities including, but not limited to: Road Warrior Foundation, Pediatric Bain Tumor Foundation, and Make A Wish.

Finally, while this is sad news for you all, know that our memories of those times are ours, and no one can take that away. See you all out on the road or at the next event to come! Thanks again to all who have supported these events over the years. Ride safe and Spyder-On!!!

SpyderGirl
03-20-2018, 05:02 PM
I just saw on Facebook that Katlyn is canceling any further rallies, including the Idaho Falls one in 2019. No explanation.

That is correct. I'm retiring from the rally hosting business. Anyone who has known me over the years knows why, no further explanation required.

I hope to see you all at any one (or multiple) Spyder events that have been born since I started this venture in 2011. We will be at Deadwood this year, an event now in it's 4th year that is every bit as big as SITR or RRSR.

Ride safe and see you out there!!!