PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy camper!

HIspyder
12-22-2015, 03:26 PM
It's a little bit overcast but otherwise a beautiful day on the island of Kaua'i.

I'd be playing hooky from work and heading up to Waimea Canyon, however, I injured my back and had to go to the ER yesterday. I'm not feeling too much pain at the moment other than the occasional back spasm but I'm full of Vicodin and Valium so riding is definitely out of the question.

I don't even want to look out of the window today. :gaah::banghead:

Saluda
12-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Get well soon, sucks to be hurt during the holidays.

Brentc
12-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear your down. Relax and mend up so you can ride another day.

Bob Denman
12-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Not feeling great in Hawaii...

...HAS to beat not feeling great; pretty much anyplace else! :thumbup:

Here's to wishing you a rapid and complete recovery!! :cheers:

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Sorry to hear your down. Relax and mend up so you can ride another day.
:agree: X 10.................................Mike :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-22-2015, 09:13 PM
It's a little bit overcast but otherwise a beautiful day on the island of Kaua'i.

I'd be playing hooky from work and heading up to Waimea Canyon, however, I injured my back and had to go to the ER yesterday. I'm not feeling too much pain at the moment other than the occasional back spasm but I'm full of Vicodin and Valium so riding is definitely out of the question.

Too quote Garfield on a get well card I got for my wife one time, "Being sick just makes me ill!"

ARtraveler
12-22-2015, 11:38 PM
As a chronic back sufferer, I can relate to what you are saying.

A bummer to be down with any type of back ailment.

I used to say, the only good thing about back pain is the pain killers they give to help.

BilltheDiver
12-23-2015, 12:35 AM
It's a gorgeous road up & down the canyon but it isn't going anywhere. It will be there waiting for you when you are ready.

Chupaca
12-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Sorry to hear, heal well my friend for better days are on the way...:thumbup::ohyea::ohyea:

TommyBwell
12-23-2015, 02:58 AM
I fully understand back problems but struggle to have sympathy for someone that lives in Kauai. What an amazing place. Look out the window and feel blessed.

Ron2andia
12-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Hope you get better soon and enjoy the holiday. Sorry you're not feeling well.:(

ingramwc
12-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Hope you feel better soon! You can just enjoy the scenery without riding.:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
12-23-2015, 08:51 AM

Bummer! I hope you recover soon! :pray:

Netminder
12-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery! My wife and I have been to Waimea Canyon, very beautiful!!

latony007
12-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Along with everyone else i hope you get better soon. i just threw my back out the day after thanksgiving for probably the 4th or 5th time and it sucks every time. Im finally back to moving around normal even though i still get a twinge now and again. seems like as i get older it takes longer to recover. There a spyder dealer on Kauai? My brother lived on Oahu for 7 years and wanted to get one, was even going to have one transported from the mainland but with no place to service it he thought better of it. When he moved back purchasing one was one of the first things he did. Its actually the blue one behind my white one in my picture.

HIspyder
12-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Along with everyone else i hope you get better soon. i just threw my back out the day after thanksgiving for probably the 4th or 5th time and it sucks every time. Im finally back to moving around normal even though i still get a twinge now and again. seems like as i get older it takes longer to recover. There a spyder dealer on Kauai? My brother lived on Oahu for 7 years and wanted to get one, was even going to have one transported from the mainland but with no place to service it he thought better of it. When he moved back purchasing one was one of the first things he did. Its actually the blue one behind my white one in my picture.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes. The pain isn't too bad now since I have a high tolerance for pain and a little help from my friends Vicodin and Valium but the occasional spasm is a killer.

As for Your question regarding dealers on Kauai latony007, there are none. I've got 15 years under my belt as a Nissan tech so I feel confident I can handle whatever might come my way and so far, so good with 700+ miles on the F3. It's just killing me that I can't ride it now. :banghead:

Bdomini
12-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Believe me, I know it sux to be ill. However, at least you are in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It really sucks to be ill and have to worry about moving a couple feet prof snow.