PDA

View Full Version : Hub Lights

Commander
12-21-2015, 06:47 AM
One of our vendors had Hub lights. Who was the Vendor and does anyone know if they still sell the lights?

Thank you

Bob Denman
12-21-2015, 07:51 AM
GloRyders... :thumbup:

Commander
12-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks Bob, are they still a Vendor, and has anyone tried them?

scooterexpress
12-21-2015, 07:59 AM
ive had them for long long time they work great.

Bob Denman
12-21-2015, 08:24 AM
I don't see them as a vendor anymore... :dontknow:

http://www.gloryder.com/wheel-lights-remote-control-spyder.php?gclid=CIC73ficzcICFQET7AodTSoA5Q

robmorg
12-21-2015, 10:07 AM
I've always thought those things looked cool. A year or so ago they made them even better. I included them in my letter to Santa this year. If he doesn't come through, I just may consider spending my own money and buying a pair. :thumbup:

jaherbst
12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
I've always thought those things looked cool. A year or so ago they made them even better. I included them in my letter to Santa this year. If he doesn't come through, I just may consider spending my own money and buying a pair. :thumbup:

It says the power comes from 2 AA battery's. Wouldn't they be too large to fit in the hubs? Anyone?

Jack

Bob Denman
12-21-2015, 10:17 AM
They do fit... :thumbup: I had a set of them on my 2010...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121495&stc=1

robmorg
12-21-2015, 11:35 AM
It says the power comes from 2 AA battery's. Wouldn't they be too large to fit in the hubs? Anyone?

JackI saw that, but it's a bit confusing because the installation video on the newer model shows only one AA battery. I think there used to be two on the back side of the board. Maybe they now use newer LED's that take less power. In either event, the battery takes up almost the entire hub diameter.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121499&stc=1

Bob, they looked great on your old Spyder. How come you didn't put them on your new one?

Bob Denman
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM

Jack
I should have clarified this with my answer: :opps:
2 Batteries: one on each side of the bike. :D

jcthorne
12-21-2015, 11:54 AM
I bought a set. They eat batteries, they are a pain to change the batteries and the housings are not sealed so the corrode badly inside making opening them for battery changes even harder. Was NOT money well spent. I left them on my 2013 when I traded it in and will not be replacing them.

Oh and the 'new' design with the remote control only has 2 batteries in it instead of 3 and goes through batteries that much faster. Also the multicolor ones are much dimmer than the older single color versions. On black wheels, they are hardly noticeable. I suggest spending your farkle money on other toys.

robmorg
12-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Good things to know, JC. Thanks for the the candid review!

I was wondering how long the batteries last. Apparently the latest version only has one battery per light now, unless there is another one on the back side of the board. (See picture in post #9 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?88888-Hub-Lights&p=1073245&viewfull=1#post1073245))

Pirate looks at --
12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
All and all they are pretty cool. I would say that if you have black wheels they would not be worth it. They do eat batteries, with a pair (in each wheel) lasting may be two weeks. No that is whether you use the, or not. We so rarely drive in the dark and even though they are not often they still drain the batteries. Now I believe that they were improving battery life on a newer edition. We have the 9 color lights with remote.

Bob Denman
12-22-2015, 10:37 AM
He was working on a model that was able to generate it's own power...
I wonder whatever happened to it? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
12-22-2015, 02:35 PM
I had them on four different :ani29:'s. The original kind. Used three batteries and--for me--they lasted a whole season. Had them set to automatic and the only benefit I got was if I rode in the cold during September and beyond. Summer is daylight almost 24 hours here--so--not needed.

They look very nice. Never had any issues with them. I sold my two sets to someone on here about two years ago.

SpyderHands
06-29-2016, 02:20 PM
All and all they are pretty cool. I would say that if you have black wheels they would not be worth it. They do eat batteries, with a pair (in each wheel) lasting may be two weeks. No that is whether you use the, or not. We so rarely drive in the dark and even though they are not often they still drain the batteries. Now I believe that they were improving battery life on a newer edition. We have the 9 color lights with remote.

So, how are you liking these lights since you've installed them?

- How effective are they?
- Difficulty to install?
- Battery life? (of course, I know that depends on how long they are run, but some idea would be good to know) You said something in your post above about the batteries dying even if you are not using them!?! I'm confused!!! Please explain.
- How durable are they?
- Any failure issues with the circuit boards or the units coming loose?
- Other comments or observations as well.

I'd love to hear some feedback from you if you will please take the time to post here, or you can inbox me too.

Thanks in advance for your time!