PDA

View Full Version : Smoky Mountain rally 2016 - NEW MANAGEMENT

SpyderDuck
12-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, the Smoky Mountain rally 2016 will be October 6-9 in Maggie Valley, NC. The festival grounds have been reserved already. As you know from past BRP owners events, we will have plenty of space for parking and vendors. Vendors, if you are interested, please contact us; we think you will be very pleased.

Also, as most of you know, there have been some concerns with the previous promoter of this rally. Now, the rally is being planned by one of our own, known here as Catniption, and the previous promoter is not involved at all. Everything is in the beginning stages right now, but we wanted you all to have a heads up on it, so you can plan your vacation time.

She is working on host hotels and other arrangements, a Facebook page, and a website. Me? Well, I'm just standing by to help as needed. It's all new to us, so please be patient. We hope to have a great rally!

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-19-2015, 11:25 AM
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes:...You picked an incredible area for this event. I didn't attend last year's because of the person who was running it........I look forward to hearing more news :clap: :clap: :clap:.......Mike :thumbup:

Trbayth
12-19-2015, 12:18 PM
So what's the weather like in that part of NC in early October?

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95.

goat232
12-19-2015, 12:19 PM
I am glad the date has been moved to early Oct. so that will not be as cold.Plus there being a lot more motels that will be a plus. I plan on being there again this year .:spyder2::yes::yes::yes:

Larry rt
12-19-2015, 01:01 PM
I will add this to my Callander. Keep us updated, when you have additional details. :clap::clap::yes::yes::thumbup:

goat232
12-19-2015, 02:03 PM

weather should be good at that time of the year only thing could get some rain

emanfit
12-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Very interested,might try to make it down there next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

blacklightning
12-19-2015, 07:44 PM
I will definitely be there! We will be there in June for our annual m109 pre-meet, but the wife will be going with me in October. I am already excited!

GeorgiaBill
12-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Only 178 miles via US74 and a really nice, scenic ride.

-Bill

SMAUG
12-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Already made reservations

Hecam17
12-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Best news ever, will share the news with all the Spyders riders in North GA Wind Cruisers, hope to take even more next year.

trobbins27
12-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Best news ever, will share the news with all the Spyders riders in North GA Wind Cruisers, hope to take even more next year.

Spyder rider checking in from Duluth, GA! I am also in the North GA Wind Cruisers meet up group... looking forward to more news on this and will plan on going! Should be fun to meet some fellow spyders :)

whitjim10
12-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Made reservations today at the A HOLIDAY MOTEL across from the event grounds I stay there when i go to maggie valley.

Roadster Renovations
12-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Count us in!!

TommyBwell
12-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Made reservations today at the A HOLIDAY MOTEL across from the event grounds I stay there when i go to maggie valley.
That sounds like a good spot. I'll be there too.

blacklightning
12-28-2015, 01:34 AM
I am definitely going to this. I am interested in finding out about the host hotel. Some of the hotels in the area are already being filled up pretty quickly. I hope to make reservations by mid January.

CarolinaSpyderRyder
12-28-2015, 04:48 AM
Maggie Valley averages 69 or 70 degrees in the afternoon in early October... and 42 or 43 in the early,early morning right before the sun comes up... perfect riding weather if I ever get my Spyder back from the shop.

Bike-O-Din
12-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Booked a room, can't wait.:clap:

Charlottes Web
12-28-2015, 10:07 AM
What hotel is everybody booking?
Chris

yellow dog
12-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Just made reservations at Jonathan Creek Inn.

Cavman
12-29-2015, 12:11 PM
I'd stay at The Alamo again as I did in 2013 at the BRP Owner's event.

Will BRP be 'helping out' at this event again in 2016? Is that their game plan for 2016? Several events around the different regions? We know how slow they are about announcing such things.

Catniption
12-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone! I am very excited about this event, albeit terrified as well! Yes, the festival grounds have been rented. The grounds have water, power, permanent restrooms and tons of space.

Our host hotel will be the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. I believe the rates will be $89 for 3 or more nights and $99 for 2 or less. They will be handling our meal on Saturday at 6 PM, Oct. 8. I have spoken with Alamo hotel also. They have agreed to to be a part of this, but I have not negotiated any prices yet. I will also try to get a few more hotels to give folks some options. Ask for the SpyderAdventures rally group discount.

I am hoping BRP helps me out. I was contacted by a local representative and he has forwarded my information to the corporate office. OF course, you know I won't find out until I am already in panic mode!

So, my plan so far is to cover the expense of the fairgrounds myself. If the vendors are happy, maybe some of them will chip in, but I am not charging them. I will have to charge $35 per person for the dinner. That's what they are charging me and I'm not rich. There's where I'm hoping BRP can help.

I am working on a full website which I am hoping to have finished by the end of January. I do have a Facebook page, although for some reason, people don't seem to be getting my posts. Perhaps people have to "follow" the site instead of "liking" it. I have no idea. I do check the FB site often, so that is the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I promise to try my best. :ohyea:

Cavman
12-30-2015, 02:15 PM
ThreeFeet and I are booked at Tha Alamo in the only two single rooms. They ARE pet friendly at The Alamo. That's why I chose them before Stumpy passed back in 2013 for the BRP Owner's event. The place next door is also a nice place to stay according to ThreeFeet. The two motels work with each other.

ceyer69
01-02-2016, 07:22 AM
THANK YOU for stepping up and keeping this rally going!! This will be my first Spyder rally so I'm exited! What is the name of the Facebook page so I have another avenue to keep up with updates etc.....

Hello everyone! I am very excited about this event, albeit terrified as well! Yes, the festival grounds have been rented. The grounds have water, power, permanent restrooms and tons of space.

Our host hotel will be the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. I believe the rates will be $89 for 3 or more nights and $99 for 2 or less. They will be handling our meal on Saturday at 6 PM, Oct. 8. I have spoken with Alamo hotel also. They have agreed to to be a part of this, but I have not negotiated any prices yet. I will also try to get a few more hotels to give folks some options. Ask for the SpyderAdventures rally group discount.

I am hoping BRP helps me out. I was contacted by a local representative and he has forwarded my information to the corporate office. OF course, you know I won't find out until I am already in panic mode!

So, my plan so far is to cover the expense of the fairgrounds myself. If the vendors are happy, maybe some of them will chip in, but I am not charging them. I will have to charge $35 per person for the dinner. That's what they are charging me and I'm not rich. There's where I'm hoping BRP can help.

I am working on a full website which I am hoping to have finished by the end of January. I do have a Facebook page, although for some reason, people don't seem to be getting my posts. Perhaps people have to "follow" the site instead of "liking" it. I have no idea. I do check the FB site often, so that is the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Grandpot
01-02-2016, 09:40 AM
My wife, Carol, and I will be going. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Staying at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center.

If you have never been to Maggie Valley, you should go. It's really a bike friendly town.

The restaurants are great and by city ordinance there are no fast food restaurants allowed in Maggie Valley. The only exception is one Subway sandwich shop.

trobbins27
01-02-2016, 03:50 PM
My dad and I will be there!:thumbup: He has a Honda Valkyrie and I will be on my :spyder2: ST-S. We will be at the A Holiday Motel. Can't wait!:yes::ohyea:

SpyderDuck
01-08-2016, 08:03 PM
THANK YOU for stepping up and keeping this rally going!! This will be my first Spyder rally so I'm exited! What is the name of the Facebook page so I have another avenue to keep up with updates etc.....

Spyder Adventures :)

BikerDoc
01-08-2016, 08:16 PM

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95. Heading over to 81 and 77 would make for a much nicer ryde

cyclelover63
01-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Booked at the four seasons...:yes::yes:

Grandpot
01-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Trobins:
It's amazing how many people have Valkyries and Spyders. If my wife and I ride two up we will take the RT-S, if we ride single I'll take the Valkyrie and the wife will take the Spyder.

trobbins27
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Trobins:
It's amazing how many people have Valkyries and Spyders. If my wife and I ride two up we will take the RT-S, if we ride single I'll take the Valkyrie and the wife will take the Spyder.

Yeah, my dad's Valkyrie is a 97 and he loves it :2thumbs: He's been looking forever for a luggage rack to add to it.

ThreeFeet
01-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Got my room already!!!:yes::clap::firstplace:

MisterP
01-14-2016, 01:04 PM
We are booked at the Maggie Valley Inn, arriving 10/5

Murphy NC Spiderman
01-14-2016, 01:59 PM

Weather here is awesome that time of year and it's beautiful!

Hedo
01-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Weather here is awesome that time of year and it's beautiful!
That's for sure!

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-23-2016, 01:09 AM
....Is anyone staying at the Stonebridge campgrounds ? ? ?.......or do you know anything about them ?????......................Mike :thumbup:

PRDodds59
01-24-2016, 04:53 PM

We are glad that you have taken over this event!! hope to meet new and old friends!!

doug1950
01-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Need some updates and hotels names for the Oct . event we all what to go just need more imformation :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:

blacklightning
01-25-2016, 03:03 PM
I will be taking the wife to Biltmore Estates in February. The guys and I have a hotel for our stay in June, but I will be checking it out next month to be sure that it is good enough for the wife. It would be nice to have a name and approx. price for the host hotel (if there is such a thing). There are a load of hotels in the area, and as long as you are on Soco rd., you will be close to the action.

Cavman
01-27-2016, 04:30 PM
Any idea when registration for the event will be up and running?

For security reasons, I'm not on Facebook. Will be checking HERE for updates.

SPQR Spyder
01-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Hello all. I'm in Sarasota FL, just got my 2015 RT Labor Day weekend and I love it. I am also a MINI Cooper owner, so I do Mini's on the Dragon every year, looking forward to my first Dragon on my Spyder.
So, this event.......will this be a "Dragon" event like I saw you had in previous years? I was looking into trying to get a group of us from down here this way to go up for the rally, however I was thinking about staying in Fontana and traveling a few days, it's only just over an hour, and the ride is great!
Thank you, and looking forward to many events.

BTW.....anyone else on here from down my way? I have done a few events with a Tampa group, great folks, just looking to see if there is anyone around Sarasota as well, as I would like to put something together for a ride once a month maybe together. Thanks everyone.
Ciao,
Eddie C

SpyderDuck
02-01-2016, 08:28 PM
....Is anyone staying at the Stonebridge campgrounds ? ? ?.......or do you know anything about them ?????......................Mike :thumbup:
I know nothing about them, but am discussing host campground possibility with them.

Cavman
02-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Good Sam 2015 North American RV Travel & Savings Guide has the Stonebridge Campgrounds rated: 9/7.5/7.5.
286 spaces. Tent sites available, rental cabins, pool, stream, fishing, horseshoes, rec hall, game room, activities, playground.
Pet restrictions (breed). Partial handicap access. 2014 rates: $25-$35.
(828)926-1904 1786 Soco Rd Hwy 19, Maggie Valley, NC 28781 info@stonebridgecompgrounds.com

Hope this helps?

SPQR Spyder
02-04-2016, 10:24 AM
I am trying to get others from the Sarasota and Tampa area to come to the event. I just booked Fontana for Tuesday and Wednesday nights of that week; only 5 rooms left this morning!
As I am looking into Maggie Valley, everything is going fast, so also looking into Waynesville and some of the other close-by areas for Thursday night into the weekend.

Side note; my wife's idea of camping is an old Holiday Inn or Days Inn, so.......lol......:joke:
Here's hoping for more from my area.......

MisterP
02-20-2016, 09:40 AM
I am trying to get others from the Sarasota and Tampa area to come to the event. I just booked Fontana for Tuesday and Wednesday nights of that week; only 5 rooms left this morning!
As I am looking into Maggie Valley, everything is going fast, so also looking into Waynesville and some of the other close-by areas for Thursday night into the weekend.

Side note; my wife's idea of camping is an old Holiday Inn or Days Inn, so.......lol......:joke:
Here's hoping for more from my area.......

We will be trailering the Fat White Chick to Maggie Valley. Not planning to do the Dragon, already been there.

blacklightning
02-20-2016, 04:22 PM
I rode into Maggie Valley today. I was hoping to see some snow, but it is in the mid 50's here this weekend. we are actually staying in Asheville to go to Biltmore estates tomorrow, but couldn't resist going in and checking out the valley. if the wife comes in October, we will probably stay at the Ramada, but if she doesn't, I will be at the hearth and home inn.

MisterP
02-20-2016, 05:52 PM
I rode into Maggie Valley today. I was hoping to see some snow, but it is in the mid 50's here this weekend. we are actually staying in Asheville to go to Biltmore estates tomorrow, but couldn't resist going in and checking out the valley. if the wife comes in October, we will probably stay at the Ramada, but if she doesn't, I will be at the hearth and home inn.

Enjoy the Biltmore. Fascinating place.

rick_w
03-16-2016, 04:15 PM
The web site is up for this event.
http://spyderadventures.com/home/

I am sure that this will be a great time for everyone.
We will be coming down the weekend before to spend a couple days in Pigeon Forge then over to Maggie Valley on Monday. We plan on doing some riding for a few days before the event. We will be staying at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center and will have the trailer there until we set up for the event. (http://spyderadventures.com/local-amenities/)
We will be Set up in the Vendor area through Saturday.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rmwiles/2015%20Pictures/Motorcycle%20Pictures/Fontana%20Village%20NC%201015-1_zpsmgyopjfy.jpg

Sonnymerrill
03-22-2016, 09:51 PM
My wife and I own a cabin in Pigeon Forge TN. It is about an 1 1/2 hour beautiful ride to get to Maggie Valley. We will certainly be there. If anyone is planning on staying in PF on or before the event let me know and I might be able to get another cabin in the same resort we are in. Either way can't wait to meet other Spyder owners!!

blacklightning
03-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Well, we finally bit the bullet and made our reservations at the Microtel. There will be 4 couples coming from the Apex/Raleigh area on Wednesday (10/5), and staying until Sunday (10/9). Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Grandpot
04-13-2016, 04:53 AM
I left a PM for Spyderduck, but he evidently has not checked this site lately. If anyone knows how to contact him directly, please ask him to check his inbox here.

Thank you.

Schnauzer
04-13-2016, 08:10 AM
We are in the gotta go see mode... Debating if going west this fall but this sounds very tempting. We attended the Owners event years back and enjoyed riding the area.. We see where there is power at the event site. we pull a motocamper with the spyder, will staying onsite be an option.

Bobleach45
04-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Making plans to be there. My wife doesn't do long rides so I will borrow my friends trailer to take the Spyder on. Going to combine it with a stop in Helen, GA for their month long Octoberfest which everyone tells me is great. This will be my first Spyder meet so I am looking forward to meeting a lot of people there from this forum. ;)

SpyderDuck
04-14-2016, 10:34 PM
I left a PM for Spyderduck, but he evidently has not checked this site lately. If anyone knows how to contact him directly, please ask him to check his inbox here.

Thank you.

Sorry I have been away. Right now, I'm spending a luxurious week in bed due to illness. We went to Maggie last weekend to make further arrangements. We have a couple more hotels that are offering discounts, and tried the food at the conference center. We are pleased to tell you that the food was great. I hope our dinner will be as well.

Oh, and, uhh... I'm a girl ;)

Grandpot
04-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Sorry I have been away. Right now, I'm spending a luxurious week in bed due to illness. We went to Maggie last weekend to make further arrangements. We have a couple more hotels that are offering discounts, and tried the food at the conference center. We are pleased to tell you that the food was great. I hope our dinner will be as well.

Thanks for letting me know you are a girl. It's hard to tell with all the feathers.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Let me know if I can help you with this project.

MisterP
04-15-2016, 08:00 PM
It's hard to tell with all the feathers.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

nice save...

SPQR Spyder
05-05-2016, 09:16 AM
So far we have 4 of us that are riding up.
We are leaving the week before on Saturday, Oct 1st heading to Savannah for a few days.
From there we are going to Fontana on that Tuesday for 2 days (at Fontana Village Resort).
Then going over to Maggie Valley on Thursday morning for the event for the next few days; staying at the Micro-tel there.

If you would like to join up with us, please let me know.
You can also email me at: Eddiespqr@gmail.com

**There are also 3 other from Savannah that will be riding over with us on that Tuesday, so from there we will have 7, so far :yes:

eagleeye299
05-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Room is booked. Staying at the Maggie Valley Inn. Looking forward to it.

blacklightning
05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
So far we have 4 of us that are riding up.
We are leaving the week before on Saturday, Oct 1st heading to Savannah for a few days.
From there we are going to Fontana on that Tuesday for 2 days (at Fontana Village Resort).
Then going over to Maggie Valley on Thursday morning for the event for the next few days; staying at the Micro-tel there.

If you would like to join up with us, please let me know.
You can also email me at: Eddiespqr@gmail.com

**There are also 3 other from Savannah that will be riding over with us on that Tuesday, so from there we will have 7, so far :yes:
There will be atleast 4 of us from the Raleigh area staying at the Micro-tel Inn as well. We will be arriving on Wednesday.

Bobleach45
05-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Reservations at the Microtel. Sounds like your getting the particulars all tied down. Thanks for your efforts.

armyspydervet
05-05-2016, 05:08 PM

Let me know if you're going. I wouldn't mind getting all or some of the East Coast Posse back together for this event.

duke50
05-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Is there camping near the rally

SpyderDuck
05-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Is there camping near the rally

Yes, there are campgrounds, but we weren't able to negotiate any rates. Busy season, etc... Just check Google maps, and you should find several in the area, and a couple of them are fairly close, as I remember. We can't have camping at the festival grounds.

SpyderDuck
05-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Please, all, do remember to RSVP at the SpyderAdventures website. The rally is free; we just need a head count. Some potential vendors want to know about how many people will be there. The more of you that RSVP, the higher headcount we can give the vendors, and the more vendors will come. :clap:

blacklightning
05-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Please, all, do remember to RSVP at the SpyderAdventures website. The rally is free; we just need a head count. Some potential vendors want to know about how many people will be there. The more of you that RSVP, the higher headcount we can give the vendors, and the more vendors will come. :clap:
Thanks for your effort in getting this together. I just RSVP and am looking forward to the information. I did not sign up to volunteer yet, as I need to see what the wife's plans for me are:opps:. But I am very familiar with the area and hope to be able to help in any way possible. I will be in touch.
In fact, we are going for a 5 day trip to the area from 6/15-19, and I am actually doing a day trip to the BRP this weekend.

Stick
05-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Hope to make it! Got er in my calendar! :thumbup:

Questions
05-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Just registered and got a room.

Catniption
05-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Catniption here! My apologies, I keep forgetting to check this site. Thank you, SpyderDuck for helping a sister out!

SpyderAdventures has a Facebook page and a website, spyderadventures.com. Links to hotels and such are available there. We already have several folks already signed up. Please register on the website so we can get a good count. BRP is helping by sponsoring part of the event. How much they help depends on registration and attendance, as we do not receive all funding up front.

I would like to thank BRP for their sponsorship and support. I would also like to thank Matthew's Fun Machines for being our host dealer and sponsor. They will have all kinds of merchandise and are hoping to have a technician there as well.

I can't possibly thank the Spyders community enough for the support and encouragement I have received. You are as awesome as the bykes you ryde!:2thumbs:

Please feel free to contact me at regina@spyderadventures.com or on Facebook.

GeorgiaBill
06-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Just registered. Thanks

-Bill

SpyderFrog
06-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Already made reservations count me in

Hecam17
06-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Our group is 13 people, 7 bikes, with more thinking hard. Really looking forward to the event. I did the RSVP a couple days ago.

Brian Kay
07-01-2016, 05:37 PM
The missus and I are attending Spyder Adventures 2016...only 200 miles from our homestead, so we thought we'd give it a try.

Looking forward to seeing other Spyder Lover's there!!!

Woo-hoo :yes:

CanAmMick
07-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Mike,

We have stayed there many times. It's a nice place. We're planning on staying there again this year. It's only about a hour and half drive from the house. Look forward to meeting everyone.

SPYD3R
07-02-2016, 12:47 PM

I95 is insane... try I81.... takes you tru the Shenandoah Valley, awesome countryside vistas... to Rt.26 south.... mucho better...
SPYD3R

CanAmMick
07-02-2016, 08:19 PM
We reserved our spot at Stonebridge Campground today. Going to be staying at E12 from the 5th to the 9th. Ready for the fun to begin!

jcasey
07-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Just booked the Castlewood. Looking forward to seeing you all. I used to live over in Tennessee so I am familiar with the area. Great riding!!:yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::2thumbs: :2thumbs::2thumbs:

jcgirouard
07-08-2016, 06:07 AM
Room is booked. Staying at Castlewood, Maggie Valley...

SpyderDuck
08-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Latest update:

We now have t-shirt, dinner tickets, and gremlin bells for sale at SpyderAdventures.com. Dinner tickets are going well, so make sure you order yours as soon as you decide to go.

Due to insurance restrictions (and we were required to get insurance; there was no choice), we can't officially offer rydes. BUT... I don't see why any of you can't meet informally outside the festival grounds gate and make arrangements for our own rydes. Those of you that signed up for a ryde before we knew about this could still meet at your appointed time, just not on the Festival grounds. I'm sure someone will lead; we have lots of ryders with experience in the area :)

The (very) extended weather forecast looks ok so far; hopefully, it will stay that way.

blacklightning
08-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the work that you are doing with this event. We have about 6-8 people riding down with us on Wednesday (10/5). I will be their unofficial tour guide in the area since my buddy and I have been going for the past 8 years. Because the wife will be with me, I couldn't promise anything as far as volunteering to lead group rides before. But we do have a full day of 200-300 mile trips planned each day. Normally we will get together and discuss where everyone wants to go and what they want to see on the first night there. Then we will schedule a leave time and place. I will probably be posting on the forums each day, when and were we are going. So if anyone wants to come along for the ride, you are more than welcome.
There are probably others that are also familiar with the area, and hopefully they will do the same. That way people will have choices. But either way, from Maggie Valley, you can go in any direction and have an adventure. I can't wait.
BTW, I will be in Maggie Valley the week before this event (9/28-10/1) with some of my 2 wheeled buddies. So we will probably do a pre-ride of all the routes.

spydaman60
08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
we just booked for four nights at cross creek rv park. staying at site #28 on the reilly loop! driving in from new jersey. looking forward to meeting all of you! after working with the spyderquest team for four years and putting on that event, this is our way of taking a vacation. thanks for all the work you do!! we sure know what it entails!! :thumbup::thumbup:

4uising
09-26-2016, 02:38 PM
There are 4 of us that are going to Maggie Valley Rally. We are coming from the Northern VA area. Anyone close by want to join us ride down together? We are planning on leaving early Thursday morning, at day-break, and take our time getting to Maggie Valley.

Yol Bolsun
09-30-2016, 09:31 PM
SWMBO(Mel) and I will be in Maggie Valley for this event. Will be staying a Hillbilly Campground. Keep an eye out for us.

rick_w
10-02-2016, 05:28 PM
We were in Pigeon Forge today and will be at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference tomorrow (Monday) morning. Will be doing some riding for a few days before the Rally. You will see our trailer in the Inn and Conference Center Parking lot then down at the Festival Grounds starting either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

SpyderFrog
09-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, the Smoky Mountain rally 2016 will be October 6-9 in Maggie Valley, NC. The festival grounds have been reserved already. As you know from past BRP owners events, we will have plenty of space for parking and vendors. Vendors, if you are interested, please contact us; we think you will be very pleased.

Also, as most of you know, there have been some concerns with the previous promoter of this rally. Now, the rally is being planned by one of our own, known here as Catniption, and the previous promoter is not involved at all. Everything is in the beginning stages right now, but we wanted you all to have a heads up on it, so you can plan your vacation time.

She is working on host hotels and other arrangements, a Facebook page, and a website. Me? Well, I'm just standing by to help as needed. It's all new to us, so please be patient. We hope to have a great rally!
date change

3 Wheel Rider
09-16-2018, 01:06 PM
date change

Check the original date of the thread. You're replying to and/or inquiring about a thread that is over 2 years old.

south GA Farm Boy
09-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I am being told the dates for 2018 are October 11-14, why are you using Oct.6-9? I called and got the new dates, so what are the correct dates , I have already made my motel arrangements! Your are showing old dates I think!!!