PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Warning Signal on a RT-SM6?!?!?!

Tasian
12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Okay, I did a search for this issue and came up empty handed...so I'm hoping someone out there can assist.

On my 2014 RT-SM6 the parking brake warning signal goes off every time I remove the key if, and only if, I push the parking brake button. The warning occurs if I set the brake and remove the key, if I set the brake & then take the brake off and remove the key, or if I set the brake & then take the brake off & then turn the brake back on and take out the key. Basically, if I touch the parking brake button and remove the key the warning goes off.:gaah:

I know I can just not set the parking brake since this is a SM6...and I do that to avoid all the stares for the 30 second interval the signal goes off...but I'd prefer to be able to use my parking brake without the :spyder2: beeping at me as I scurry away.

I've exhausted my knowledge and I'm hoping someone here knows how to do a quick fix for this....that way I don't have to go and spend time at the dealer when I could be out riding!

Thanks in advance....:thumbup:

iceworm
12-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Likely you already know all this. And it may not apply - we are driving a 15 RTS SE6.

I have to set the parking brake before I turn the key off - or it beeps at me. Doesn't matter if it is first or neutral. Pulling the key out doesn't matter. If I forget, turn the key off, it beeps -snarl, turn key on, set parking brake, turn key off. No beep.

My translation of your post - this is not working for you.

iceworm
12-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Q: Is this a change from the way it has operated before?

robtdonna
12-17-2015, 12:08 PM
You do not have to set the parking brake on a SM like you do on a SE.

Likely you already know all this. And it may not apply - we are driving a 15 RTS SE6.

I have to set the parking brake before I turn the key off - or it beeps at me. Doesn't matter if it is first or neutral. Pulling the key out doesn't matter. If I forget, turn the key off, it beeps -snarl, turn key on, set parking brake, turn key off. No beep.

My translation of your post - this is not working for you.

robtdonna
12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Ken, also a 2014 SM6, I do not have that issue and just went out and tried to duplicate your conditions. Nope, mine is fine. Sorry sir. :banghead:

Okay, I did a search for this issue and came up empty handed...so I'm hoping someone out there can assist.

On my 2014 RT-SM6 the parking brake warning signal goes off every time I remove the key if, and only if, I push the parking brake button. The warning occurs if I set the brake and remove the key, if I set the brake & then take the brake off and remove the key, or if I set the brake & then take the brake off & then turn the brake back on and take out the key. Basically, if I touch the parking brake button and remove the key the warning goes off.:gaah:

I know I can just not set the parking brake since this is a SM6...and I do that to avoid all the stares for the 30 second interval the signal goes off...but I'd prefer to be able to use my parking brake without the :spyder2: beeping at me as I scurry away.

I've exhausted my knowledge and I'm hoping someone here knows how to do a quick fix for this....that way I don't have to go and spend time at the dealer when I could be out riding!

Thanks in advance....:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
12-17-2015, 06:58 PM
On my SM I rarely use the parking brake but I do not get the alarm if I do use it. Occasionally the alarm will sound but I really can't say what the circumstances are when it does. I'd say you have some kind of issue that your dealer should look at on your next visit.

Tasian
12-21-2015, 03:06 PM
...I really appreciate you checking your :spyder2:'s to see if I had an actual problem. I figured it was an anomaly since I didn't have that problem for the first 3,200 miles that I've been riding the Spyder.

Going to take it into the dealer since it's definitely 'repeatable' and let them sort it out.

Thanks again! :doorag: