PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon's Sway-bar

jwmorrow
12-13-2015, 08:01 PM
I would like some opinions on a sway-bar for a 2015 RT Ltd. I am not an "aggressive" rider and wondering if the bar takes out some of the "body tilt"??
Usually ride 2 up and wondering if the passenger notices any difference?
What has been your experiences, pros and cons. Worth the upgrade? Thanks, Jack

taxmyzer
12-13-2015, 08:07 PM
I would like some opinions on a sway-bar for a 2015 RT Ltd. I am not an "aggressive" rider and wondering if the bar takes out some of the "body tilt"??

The sway bar was the first thing I changed on my 2013 RT-S. :spyder2: Felt like a completely different machine. You won't be disappointed.

armyspydervet
12-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Will the sway bar help with vibration or is that more of an alignment issue?

mudmarine
12-13-2015, 08:20 PM
The two most important farkles to me are the sway bar and the bump skid. Everything else is for looks. The sway bar gives stability in those awkward moments when you make the stupid decision and the bump skid protects the Spyder when you make that stupid decision. (joke) Those two items are worth every shilling that you spend. IMO. I know because I did it and got the tshirt.

Ride safe- God Bless

BajaRon
12-13-2015, 08:22 PM

There are a great number of posts with rider feedback dealing with exactly these questions.

The sway bar will greatly reduce body lean. Typically the passenger notices the improvement even more than the driver. This is because the passenger rides higher than the driver.

Will the sway bar help with vibration or is that more of an alignment issue?

The sway bar upgrade will not correct a vibration issue nor make any changes to your alignment. Typically, vibration is not alignment caused but more likely wheel balance or loose/worn parts in the front end.

Pampurrs
12-13-2015, 08:22 PM
It was the first thing I did after I got my Spyder. The difference in handling is like night and day! :thumbup:

Pam

2ndChildhood
12-13-2015, 08:24 PM
I had the swaybar installed on my 2012 RT and it definitely save my life. I had a fraction of a second of reaction time. The stock suspension would not have held. I now have 2015 RT with the upgraded sway bar installed well worth the money.

ToM
Life is Great
Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chupaca
12-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Get it...you'll love it.....:2thumbs:

Rich
12-13-2015, 08:31 PM
I had the BajaRon Sway Bar installed and laser alignment done at a dealership in Cartersville. Huge improvement, especially when riding 2 up. No cons to report.:thumbup:

jwmorrow
12-13-2015, 08:41 PM
THANKS for the great advice. Just sent my letter to Santa (because I have been good this year):roflblack:
Jack

RTJERRY
12-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Get a laser alignment too. You won't regret it.

spidergreg
12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
I had my Spyder for two months, and I have say it was a transition from a two wheeler to the Spyder. The biggest issue was getting used to the lean of the RT... once I installed the BajaRon Bar, it became so much easier to to get used to running the RT at speed down a winding road. Loved the add of the sway bar!!

JayBros
12-13-2015, 09:28 PM
The BajaRon bar is so good I had the dealer install it as part of the OTD package. Do it!

Windagetray
12-14-2015, 09:13 PM
I wrote an in-depth dissertation on both the installation and the improvements by Baja Ron's sway bar and spring pre-tensioner. Please search for them.

As for getting rid of the vibration.....you are not going fast enough!

Gman2201
12-14-2015, 09:36 PM
The BajaRon bar is so good I had the dealer install it as part of the OTD package. Do it!

:agree: Had mine done also with the OTD package.

Gunkandpudge
12-14-2015, 09:44 PM
For the first 6 weeks on my new RT 2015 I ran with the factory sway bar. When the wife is not with I'm a lil more aggressive. This is my second RT, original was a 2010 RT. I put the BajaRon sway bar into 2010. Made a huge difference. Well after 6 weeks on the new machine I finally told Spyderpops to add the BajaRon sway bar on the 2015. I had a completely different machine. Turns could be taken at speed without sway. The Spyder is extremely stable even in tight corners without the fear of losing control.

:yes:

Ben Burped
12-14-2015, 09:59 PM

I thought that the sloppy body roll was just something that was just part of the design of the machine. I put a set of Fox shocks on the front and that took some of the slop out of the machine. I put Ron's bar on and even my wife noticed that the body roll wasn't there any more. It doesn't have a harsh ride. I don't think that anyone on SL is anything but glad that they did it. Go for it.

SpyderAnn01
12-15-2015, 02:14 AM
The sway bar is a must but to put the icing on the cake you should also add BajaRon's Shock Adjusters. The difference is amazing especially if you ride two up.

cptjam
12-15-2015, 03:07 AM
A proper Laser Alignment! Makes all the difference!!

Charlotte17078
12-30-2015, 08:05 AM
Santa brought me a Baja Ron sway bar for Christmas. Can't wait to get it on my 15 RT Limited!:thumbup:
Happy New Year!!!

yellow dog
12-30-2015, 11:57 AM
The wife and I both have a 2015 RT-S. Put the sway bars on without telling her to see if she would notice. On our first ride after installation she says, "what did you do to my Spyder, it drives so different." Enough said!!!

robmorg
12-30-2015, 02:34 PM
I wrote an in-depth dissertation on both the installation and the improvements by Baja Ron's sway bar and spring pre-tensioner. Please search for them.
:roflblack:
What, you don't bookmark your own in-depth dissertations for future use? :gaah:

(Hope you're not offended by this comment. Your post just struck my odd sense of humor as amusing. ;) )

robmorg
12-30-2015, 02:39 PM
A couple of years ago, when I was asking this same question, I got some very good answers in this thread (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69738-Hard-turning). Look especially at posts 7 and 15 from Magdave and PMK. I will say that the beefier sway bar made a huge difference for me, in the ways outlined in that thread.

In a nutshell, what the sway bar does, is help to counteract the centrifugal force in turns, which is what is responsible for throwing you to the outside of the turn, and why you need to lean to the inside. Not everyone will perceive the effects of the larger sway bar in exactly the same way. The taller and heavier you are, the more the centrifugal force wants to toss you, and the more benefit you will receive from beefing up your sway bar.

Here is another remark (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?86759-Sway-are&p=1046958&viewfull=1#post1046958) from Peter Aawen that goes into a bit more depth.

SailnDive
12-30-2015, 05:15 PM
To me...it made "some" difference and was worth the time spent to do it, but it was not a complete change in ride characteristics. Time and practice are the best cure for sway uneasiness in MHO.

Mazo EMS2
12-31-2015, 12:37 PM
I put the swaybar on as well, and did notice a difference, and my rider noticed the difference too. I personally have not done a laser alignment because my bike shows no need for one. If your ride is driving straight down the road, and the tires are wearing evenly, and steers equally in the corners, I personally wouldn't bother spending the money on the alignment just yet.

BajaRon
12-31-2015, 02:08 PM
I put the swaybar on as well, and did notice a difference, and my rider noticed the difference too. I personally have not done a laser alignment because my bike shows no need for one. If your ride is driving straight down the road, and the tires are wearing evenly, and steers equally in the corners, I personally wouldn't bother spending the money on the alignment just yet.

It is possible to have all of these conditions and still be out of alignment. But the great thing about it is. Most of the Laser people will not charge you if your Spyder is within tolerance. So if your alignment is as good as you think it is, they will simply confirm it for free. If not, then you needed it anyway.

One of the few Win-Win situations still available to us here in Spyderland!

ThreeWheels
12-31-2015, 03:53 PM
I apologize to all who have suffered through my opinion on this before.
I am a reluctant convert to the RonBar for post 2014 Spyder RTs.

Let me clarify. My 2010 RT wallowed like a pig.For 2010-2013 the RonBar is ESSENTIAL. Did I say ESSENTIAL. I meant MANDATORY.

My 2014 handled so much better right out of the crate that I elected not to upgrade the suspension.
After starting to ride 2 up (with a girlfriend in the 160+ region) I had the RonBar installed. It made a significant difference. Significant.
In essence, for 2014 and up, the RonBar is not a requirement, but it improves the handling of the Spyder enough to make it well worthwhile. And of course, get the RonLinks to upgrade those crappy plastic heim links provided as OEM by BRP.

I lost 160 lbs since SpyderQuest. I believe I will have gained about 125 lbs over the winter. I expect this will only improve the handling of the Spyder.

robmorg
12-31-2015, 04:46 PM
I lost 160 lbs since SpyderQuest. I believe I will have gained about 125 lbs over the winter. I expect this will only improve the handling of the Spyder.
I assume that the 160 lbs that you lost since SpyderQuest is your girlfriend.

Wishing you the best of luck with the 125 lbs. I feel certain that weight gain will make your rides more enjoyable. ;)

gwkirk
12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Tried the factory bar on my 2015 RTS for the first few months and was not impressed with the handling at all. Installed the :bowdown: BajaRon bar and it has made a world of difference in the handling. I am much happier with the handling now. Do it. I would say it's a required mod.

jephillips44
01-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Going to order mine this week. My wife and I bought our first Spyder in September. A 2015 Rt-S. Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

easyrider24
01-08-2016, 11:32 AM
For the first 6 weeks on my new RT 2015 I ran with the factory sway bar. When the wife is not with I'm a lil more aggressive. This is my second RT, original was a 2010 RT. I put the BajaRon sway bar into 2010. Made a huge difference. Well after 6 weeks on the new machine I finally told Spyderpops to add the BajaRon sway bar on the 2015. I had a completely different machine. Turns could be taken at speed without sway. The Spyder is extremely stable even in tight corners without the fear of losing control.

:yes:

I have to agree, best money I spent. It is different as day from night.
You can't go wrong. :clap:

Cruzr Joe
01-08-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't always put stuff on my Spyder.

But when I do, it is

A) Spyderpops Lighted Bumpskid
B) BajaRons Sway Bar & Links
C) Laser Alignment
D) Lamont's NBV Highway Pegs
E) BajaRons Shock Adjusters
F) Drink Cup Holder
G) Cushion Grips from Spyderpops
H) BRP Trailer Hitch
I) Spyderpops Fender Lights for Safety
J) Mirror Turn Signals From Spyderpops
K) Oversized Brake Pedal
L) Show Chrome Arm Rests For Mama (W/Cup Holder)
M) Retractable Antenna
N) KOTT (keep out the trash) Grills from Spyderpops
O) Cyclop Light from Spyderpops
P) BRP Adjustable Air Vents
Q) Lamonts IPS Key Holder
R) Show Chrome Luggage Rack (installed by Spyderpops)
S) Multi Colored Ground Effects Light Kit from Spyderpops
T) Engravings by Sara
U) AirHawk "R" Cushion
V) Rear Trunk Light from Spyderpops

Then a whole lot of other stuff :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

latony007
01-08-2016, 12:36 PM
i put the baja ron bar on my 08 gs and he was great to deal with. I did not notice the results i was expecting which was that it would eliminate sway from side to side for example when on the freeway. While it did lessen it, it did not eliminate it. I now bought about a month ago a 2015 RT and am wondering if i should get one or not. i ride mostly 2 up on the spyder and my wife did say it seemed less stable in turns than the old one. Maybe thats why. I do know everyone else raves about them, Im just not sure what everyone means by better handling, i dont ride it like a sport bike (i have a sport bike) i used it to replace my cruiser so mostly i just cruise it. plus i havent even hit that break in period yet so cant let it off the chain lol. It was as much for me to get it put on as it was for the bar. Now i have a motorcycle jack so might consider doing it myself and i do ride almost always 2 up on the spyder (or i take the sport bike) so might be worth it.

My biggest question is why isnt the item stock? The Ronbar has been around for quite some time and if it makes it handle so much better for the extra 5$ it would cost BRP why havent they changed it? is there some downside to it that is keeping them from making the change?

LJspydee
01-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I upgraded both my 12 and now my 15 RTS. Factory suspension tends to roll over in tight cornering which end up making it too twitchy for my liking. Adding the BahaRon swaybar makes a world of difference. We (I) do like the twisties we have here in Arizona!

Marker
01-08-2016, 01:15 PM

I put a sway bar on my 2015 RT LTD and had a lser alignment done too. Noticeable difference!! Less body roll and less affected by wind such as passing large trucks.
Very worthwhile upgrade.:thumbup:

Buggy
01-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I upgraded my suspension in three steps. The first was the BajaRon sway bar with links, followed a couple of weeks later by Elka Stage 2 shocks and finally a laser alignment. The Spyder was dramatically changed for the better with this work done. It is on rails in corners with little to no leaning. I believe most of the improvement was achieved with the sway bar. I believe now I could have gotten the same results with shock adjusters in lieu of the new shocks and saved a lot of money. The shocks were ordered before the sway bar and took a while to be delivered so I was committed to them. It was found the laser alignment did not need to be done as the Spyder was very close from the factory...a Dealer did the alignment so he took my money anyhow.

Cheers

robmorg
01-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Wow, :agree: and everything you just said, applies to me as well, Buggy! I just read your post and was thinking , "Did I write this?"

Only difference with me is that I was about to buy the Elka stage 2's when BajaRon's shock adjusters first came on the market. So I opted for those instead, and did save the money.

We even both have a covered bridge in our signature picture ... this is getting scary! :shocked:

robmorg
01-09-2016, 07:50 AM
I don't always put stuff on my Spyder.

But when I do, it is

A) Spyderpops Lighted Bumpskid
B) BajaRons Sway Bar & Links
C) Laser Alignment
D) Lamont's NBV Highway Pegs
E) BajaRons Shock Adjusters
F) Drink Cup Holder
G) Cushion Grips from Spyderpops
H) BRP Trailer Hitch
I) Spyderpops Fender Lights for Safety
J) Mirror Turn Signals From Spyderpops
K) Oversized Brake Pedal
L) Show Chrome Arm Rests For Mama (W/Cup Holder)
M) Turn Signals in the Mirror
N) KOTT (keep out the trash) Grills from Spyderpops
O) Cyclop Light from Spyderpops
P) BRP Adjustable Air Vents
Q) Lamonts IPS Key Holder
R) Show Chrome Luggage Rack (installed by Spyderpops)
S) Multi Colored Ground Effects Light Kit from Spyderpops
T) Engravings by Sara
U) AirHawk "R" Cushion
V) Rear Trunk Light from Spyderpops

Then a whole lot of other stuff :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr JoeJoe,

I like your list, but was wondering... Which do you like more?...

J) Mirror Turn Signals From Spyderpops, or...

I have M, but not J. Mine are from the local AutoZone store. :roflblack::roflblack:

barryj
01-09-2016, 10:17 AM
There are a great number of posts with rider feedback dealing with exactly these questions.

The sway bar will greatly reduce body lean. Typically the passenger notices the improvement even more than the driver. This is because the passenger rides higher than the driver.

The sway bar upgrade will not correct a vibration issue nor make any changes to your alignment. Typically, vibration is not alignment caused but more likely wheel balance or loose/worn parts in the front end.

Is there a web site for BajaRon's products, sway-bar, heat gear?

PatriotRider
01-09-2016, 11:31 AM

http://store.valueaccessories.net/BajaRonSpyderSwayBarKits.aspx

BajaRon
01-09-2016, 12:02 PM

You can email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com) or PM me here on Spyderlovers. I can't publish most of my prices because they are below MSRP limits and I would lose my wholesale source for the non-BajaRon products I carry.

Pampurrs
01-09-2016, 12:14 PM
You can email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com) or PM me here on Spyderlovers. I can't publish most of my prices because they are below MSRP limits and I would lose my wholesale source for the non-BajaRon products I carry.

I've purchased quite a few products from BajaRon using his email address. I just tell him what I want, he sends a Paypal invoice, I pay, he ships. Very smooth and efficient system. :thumbup:

Pam

Cruzr Joe
01-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Joe,

I like your list, but was wondering... Which do you like more?...

J) Mirror Turn Signals From Spyderpops, or...

I have M, but not J. Mine are from the local AutoZone store. :roflblack::roflblack:

My sumtimers disease kicks in sumtime. :gaah::gaah::gaah:

Cruzr Joe

jephillips44
01-09-2016, 03:41 PM
I just received my sway bar and can't wait to get it on. I will be making a day out if it. Doing sway bar and all my custom signals LEDs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk