PDA

View Full Version : Engine not turning over.

Inspector
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Went to the garage to take my 2013 RT LTD for a ride today. Turned on the key and released the parking brake and pushed the Spyder out of the garage. When I pushed the start button the screen flashed and there was a clicking sound with the flashes. The engine did not turn over and now the parking brake will not engage. Lights come on and so does the radio. Turned it off and the parking brake alarm sounded. When I turned the key back on the screen went right to the run screen. I took the key out walked away and tried again. Same problem flashing screen no start. Any ideas?

JayBros
12-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Check the battery terminal connections and make certain they are tight. Use a volt meter to be certain the battery is delivering 12.4 volts when you're cranking it. If not, it might need a charge or at worst be time for a new battery. Do you use a battery tender?

billybovine
12-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Dead battery. Put it on a charger or boost it.

Inspector
12-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Check the battery terminal connections and make certain they are tight. Use a volt meter to be certain the battery is delivering 12.4 volts when you're cranking it. If not, it might need a charge or at worst be time for a new battery. Do you use a battery tender?
I use a battery tender jr. Will check the terminal connections in the morning. Thanks for the reply.

Bob Denman
12-13-2015, 09:27 AM
A Battery Tender Junior will usually not be able to revive a Battery that's "at the brink"... :shocked:
For that; you need a real charger, that has more "oomph"! :thumbup:

Inspector
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
A Battery Tender Junior will usually not be able to revive a Battery that's "at the brink"... :shocked:
For that; you need a real charger, that has more "oomph"! :thumbup:I hooked it up to a real charger and took it (the battery) to the battery shop 5 miles away. Showed 11 volts. Thinking I might have to get a new battery or a new spyder.

Chupaca
12-15-2015, 09:05 PM
11 volts will not crank your spyder. If after charging thats all you got you need a new battery. Once replaced check the charging output to make sure...:thumbup:

spydaman60
12-15-2015, 09:12 PM
i'd go for the new spyder! what's the difference between a new battery and a new spyder, $20 to 25k? merry christmas!:roflblack::roflblack: