PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a couple questions

Sam Mac
12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
OK I'm a newbie and I'd like to know what are "Farkles" and what is "BUDS" ? I'm guessing Farkles are add-on's and BUDS has something to do with a dealer computer hookup. Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Sam Mac

lawson001
12-11-2015, 07:35 PM
BUDS is BRP's proprietary control module interface. Dealers use to analyze, troubleshoot and issue state commands and parameters to the various control modules. "Farkle" is a combination of two words "f^cking" and "sparkle," used as you indicated to describe add-ons, usually chrome (hence the "sparkle"). Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinaSpyderRyder
12-11-2015, 07:37 PM
B.U.D.S stands for BRP Utility and Diagnostic Software. :)

As far as that other word goes I'll let the people that do that kind of thing explain... my RS-S is still completely stock.

Sam Mac
12-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Thank you for the info. No "Farkles" and so for no need for a "BUDS" treatment. That just sounds wrong.

Great forum and seems like a very cool group. Can't wait to get on the road again. :yes:

Cruzr Joe
12-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Thank you for the info. No "Farkles" and so for no need for a "BUDS" treatment. That just sounds wrong.

Great forum and seems like a very cool group. Can't wait to get on the road again. :yes:

Farkles can be anything from foam hand grips to Floorboards to LED lights etc. etc. etc.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
above all....welcome..!! :yes::yes: BUDS (BRP utility diagnostic softwear) used on most of the recreational vehicles. Good to have your spyder hooked up from time to time because many issues produce code that are stored and can only be read/cleared with buds. There are other proceedures that require buds as well. Other issues you will see yourself. As said farkles are the goodies you add on to persoalize your machine. Bewear of this one cause once you start it is near impossible to stop...:roflblack:

Darren111
12-11-2015, 08:02 PM

Hello from the UK. Newbie myself too :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
12-11-2015, 09:06 PM
OK I'm a newbie and I'd like to know what are "Farkles" and what is "BUDS" ? I'm guessing Farkles are add-on's and BUDS has something to do with a dealer computer hookup. Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Sam Mac

Nobody tell him what "frunk" means.

Ron2andia
12-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Welcome!:welcome:

ARtraveler
12-11-2015, 09:46 PM
:welcome: The above posters have you covered. :yes:

PW2013STL
12-12-2015, 05:05 AM
B.U.D.S stands for BRP Utility and Diagnostic Software. :)

As far as that other word goes I'll let the people that do that kind of thing explain... my RS-S is still completely stock.

I agree as mine was completely stock the day I rode it home :roflblack:

Sam Mac,

Welcome to the zoo and the best place for all things Spyder :ohyea: Hope to meet you on the road someday soon!

Bob Denman
12-12-2015, 09:00 AM
FARKLE

Fancy
Accessory
Really
Kool
L:ikely
Expensive

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121031&stc=1

bmccaffrey
12-12-2015, 07:52 PM
FARKLE

Fancy
Accessory
Really
Kool
L:ikely
Expensive

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121031&stc=1
Like It Bob. You Dream That Up:thumbup:

vided
12-12-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121064&stc=1:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Deanna777
12-12-2015, 09:28 PM
:welcome: to this site! Deanna