PDA

View Full Version : WITH CHRISTMAS COMING UP FAST....

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-11-2015, 08:33 AM
i was wondering how many out there realize that the birth of jesus absolutely is not 12/24 but is theorized to be in mid april

jcasey
12-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Whats the point! He still died for you so you could be saved!!!! Receive Him and spend eternity in heaven and not an eternity in hell!!! It's going to be one or the other!

Bob Denman
12-11-2015, 08:49 AM
:agree: The details don't matter nearly as much as His message.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-11-2015, 08:55 AM
just wondering since it's so commercialized today

taxmyzer
12-11-2015, 09:12 AM
the MESSAGE of Christ. The gifts we give represent the goodwill & gifts the wise men gave. Merry Christmas to all!

Cruzr Joe
12-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Always Remember............Jesus is the reason for the Season.

AMEN

Cruzr Joe

bronzeflex42
12-11-2015, 11:13 AM
:agree: JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! The bible does not give an exact date, when JESUS was born, but we observe Dec. 25th to celebrate the greatest birth in history...of GOD'S only begotten son, that whosoever believe shall not perish but have everlasting life...

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
i just don't like the commercialization of the holiday season with santa hawking cars, beds, toys....

Chupaca
12-11-2015, 12:33 PM
And here I thought it was St Nick....:roflblack:

Rocketman 2012
12-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Now I know why I feel so GOOD when I'm on this Forum! Thank you Jesus for each and every one of you!

Merry Christmas!

Sam;)

Bob Denman
12-11-2015, 01:19 PM
:agree:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120995&stc=1

jcasey
12-11-2015, 01:25 PM
GOD BLESS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all! Without Jesus we are nothing!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-11-2015, 01:50 PM
A Merry Christmas to all. We always read Luke 2 on Christmas Eve. After two thousand years, the dates are not going to be perfect...but...the spirit of the event lives on.

latony007
12-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Too bad this is not place for a theological debate lol. I will just say merry Christmas to all! and from what i understand it was theorized to be around march or april and was made in December because they wanted to place it at the same time as a previous pagan holiday, always easier to convert people if you dont mess with their holidays! Plus they have to spread them out and you have Easter in April.

cuznjohn
12-11-2015, 02:55 PM
just remember the famous words spoken to the burning bush by Moses, where he said, NOW WAIT, THEY GET TO KEEP ALL THE LAND AND ALL THE OIL,,, AND WE HAVE TO CUT OFF THE TIP OF OUR WHAT!!!

Bob Denman
12-11-2015, 03:06 PM
:roflblack:
John,
You scare me sometimes; but it's always fun! :thumbup:

jcasey
12-11-2015, 03:11 PM
just remember the famous words spoken to the burning bush by Moses, where he said, NOW WAIT, THEY GET TO KEEP ALL THE LAND AND ALL THE OIL,,, AND WE HAVE TO CUT OFF THE TIP OF OUR WHAT!!!
O my!!!:yikes:

Bob Denman
12-11-2015, 03:13 PM
It hardly seems fair; does it? :shocked:

Rocketman 2012
12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
I was only a few hours old and I remember and it hurt:yikes:

Sam:yes:

robmorg
12-11-2015, 03:33 PM
just wondering since it's so commercialized today

If you are serious about wanting to know why we celebrate Christmas on Dec 25, here are some facts to ponder...

The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336AD, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was the first Christian Roman Emperor. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th of December. As latony007 pointed out above, some say that Constantine chose that date as there was already a pagan Roman holiday that was widely celebrated around that date called "Saturnalia" (in honor of the god Saturn).

The actual birthdate of Jesus (or even the actual year) is not known, as there is no mention of it in the Bible. However, the year was probably around 5-6BC, which coincides with certain historical events mentioned in the New Testament. King Herod died in 4BC, so it had to be before then. We know that in an attempt to kill Jesus, Herod ordered all boys 2 years and younger in the vicinity of Judea to be killed. This indicates that Jesus could have been as old as 2 by the time of Herod's death. Also historical records show that the census that included Judea (that Joseph and Mary were obligated to attend) was held around 6BC. There are other historical events mentioned in the New Testament that would fall into this historical timeline as well.

Of course, as others have said, the exact date really shouldn't matter to us some 2020 years later. Folks were simply not very good time keepers back then. ;)

Ron2andia
12-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Tia thread has made me realize that I'm in the right place! There is power in prayer and thank you Jesus for all you do for all of us when you don't have to. Merry Christmas to everyone!:pray::pray::pray:

Bfromla
12-11-2015, 04:06 PM
:agree: The details don't matter nearly as much as His message.
:firstplace: All too many forget http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121005&stc=1 the message.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-11-2015, 05:57 PM
If you are serious about wanting to know why we celebrate Christmas on Dec 25, here are some facts to ponder...

The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336AD, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was the first Christian Roman Emperor. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th of December. As latony007 pointed out above, some say that Constantine chose that date as there was already a pagan Roman holiday that was widely celebrated around that date called "Saturnalia" (in honor of the god Saturn).

The actual birthdate of Jesus (or even the actual year) is not known, as there is no mention of it in the Bible. However, the year was probably around 5-6BC, which coincides with certain historical events mentioned in the New Testament. King Herod died in 4BC, so it had to be before then. We know that in an attempt to kill Jesus, Herod ordered all boys 2 years and younger in the vicinity of Judea to be killed. This indicates that Jesus could have been as old as 2 by the time of Herod's death. Also historical records show that the census that included Judea (that Joseph and Mary were obligated to attend) was held around 6BC. There are other historical events mentioned in the New Testament that would fall into this historical timeline as well.

Of course, as others have said, the exact date really shouldn't matter to us some 2020 years later. Folks were simply not very good time keepers back then. ;)

i do know why it is celebrated in dec. i just don't understand why with most people knowing that his birth was in spring not winter
and why the news media has to make it such a big deal about finding a bargain not about the true meaning of what it supposed to
represent.
p.s. much like jesus i am not christian.

bmccaffrey
12-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Not the place to debate.

Commercialized is what we made it

JESUS is the REASON :pray:

Deanna777
12-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Merry Christmas to All!
Deanna

Yazz
12-11-2015, 08:31 PM
It doesn't matter to me why Christmas came about. Christmas is about loving, giving of yourself and getting together with loved ones. No other holiday has the love that Christmas does. Random acts of kindness are on the loose this time of year.

Please remember that people go hungry year round...

jaherbst
12-11-2015, 09:48 PM
i was wondering how many out there realize that the birth of jesus absolutely is not 12/24 but is theorized to be in mid april

He never told me that? You might be reading too deep into this Coach and missing the point completely. "Felice Novidad"!

Jack

ARtraveler
12-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Keeping this thread Christmas is what it is all about--IMO. :thumbup:

Theological debates have no place because there are just as many answers as there are religions and knowledgeable people able to discuss and defend them all.

We may as well be discussing octane, seats, or oil blends. :roflblack::roflblack:

There is a "right" answer, but we are not going to resolve it here. :yes:

cuznjohn
12-12-2015, 03:26 PM
if Christmas was in mid April, i could not use the excuse of too much snow and bad driving so i didn't have to go to my sisters for dinner

flaggerphil
12-12-2015, 06:13 PM
It doesn't matter to me why Christmas came about. Christmas is about loving, giving of yourself and getting together with loved ones. No other holiday has the love that Christmas does. Random acts of kindness are on the loose this time of year.

Please remember that people go hungry year round...

And there it is.

Merry Christmas.

Bob Denman
12-12-2015, 06:59 PM
:agree: :2thumbs:

robmorg
12-12-2015, 07:45 PM
why the news media has to make it such a big deal about finding a bargain not about the true meaning of what it supposed to represent.
You aren't the first person to question why Christmas has become so commercialized, and you won't be the last. But I think we all know the answer to that question. And it probably shouldn't be debated here. It's a tired debate that will only upset many folks. :sour:

robmorg
12-12-2015, 07:48 PM

Please remember that people go hungry year round...Good thought, Joy. :thumbup: