PDA

View Full Version : Great places to ride

Rogue Hawk
12-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Well, I don't have anyplace great to ride, I'm in urban minivan-suv hell. But I came across this video of a guy riding the Blue Ridge Mountain pass. What a perfect place.:firstplace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muK4wqOwMU4

vided
12-10-2015, 06:28 AM
nice ride, thanks:thumbup:

Saluda
12-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Nice bike and ride.

Bob Denman
12-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Well, I don't have anyplace great to ride, I'm in urban minivan-suv hell
:shocked::hun: You may not live in a great place to ride, but you're within reach of some of the GREATEST places to ride!! :bowdown: :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
12-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Northern IL, along the Rock River isn't bad. About 75 miles from where you are.

And then--there is always WI (IL State Park) as we used to say.

And...as mentioned--you are centrally located from a lot of good stuff a day or two away.

Sam Mac
12-10-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120962&stc=1Cool Vid! That is only a few miles from my place. I found it ironic that he was riding a BMW S1000R, when I moved to Galax I had a BMW S1000RR. Probably the most incredible 2 wheel toy I have ever owned or ridden. Only problem with them is that they are not at all happy unless you are doing at least twice the posted speed limit, sort of like a boat that needs to get up on plane. Anyway one day I'm out on the parkway just cruising along only doing 95 and here comes the Park Ranger going the other way (the parkway is controlled by the Fed Park Rangers and they take you to Fed prison for being stupid) well I'm about 2 miles from the exit to my place and the Ranger is driving a Chevy Tahoe, grab a handful and see ya. Got it home and sold it 2 days later before I lost my license. Pic of the Bad Boy.

Bob Denman
12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
:D That's one SWEET-lookin' piece of rolling criminal intent! :clap: :2thumbs:

Sam Mac
12-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Bob

If you want to go FAST on 2 wheels that is the hot setup. Reality set in and being on the high side of 64 years old it is time to cool it and enjoy the ride and see the sights. The RT has it covered for me. Since 2010 I've owned a Harley Night Rod Special, the BMW S1000RR and a Harley Road Glide Ultra. At this point in my life it's time for something a little more realistic. Pics of the Harleys.

If any of you are riding the Parkway, I live about 3-1/2 miles off it at the route 89 exit at about mile 215. Maybe we can organize a get together next summer. Plenty of parking and the pool will be back open.

Buggy
12-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Wow...makes me want to go two wheel again.....almost!

Sam Mac
12-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Wow...makes me want to go two wheel again.....almost!

Trust me you don't want to go 2 wheels, at least not on a Harley. The Night Rod almost killed me one day when I went into a corner and hit minor bump in the middle, the forks compressed and I damn near hit the guard rail. $3000 later after a set of Penske double adjustable rear shocks and a AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit installed by Penske the turd handled reasonably decent. The Ultra stands for Ultra heavy, thing almost tipped over on my just moving it around in my garage. Screwed up my back for a couple weeks catching it. Owned it for 2 years and rode it maybe 300 miles. Nope, I'm all done with HD or as they are better known Huge Dollars. The BMW on the other hand is like a scalpel in the twisty,s, but it belongs on a race track and that is what it was intended for when BMW designed it. The BMW quick shift is just unreal, full throttle up shifts at 14,000 RPM hold it wide open and just hit the shifter. All I can say is you better have a plan when you pull the trigger on one of those.