PDA

View Full Version : Tough Luck in "4 Sale By Owner" Section

TommyBwell
12-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Over the years I have done thousands and thousands of dollars in different forums marketplace. I have bought and sold whole bikes, Corbin seats, helmets jackets and so on. I am sure I am unique but I have had three strikes in the Spyderlovers buy/sell area. My first try to buy something the seller went off on a crazy off his meds rant and then eventually told me it was sold. Strike one. The second time I bought a Blue Ridge windshield from a guy that actually sent me the windshield before I sent him the payment. I didn't put the windshield on for over a month and when I went to do it two pieces of hardware, that are not available unless you buy another windshield, were not with it. He insures me they were there when he sent it but I don't have them. Strike two. The third one was a guy sold me a pair of "upgrade" Fox shocks for the F3 he knew I had and they are stock F3 shocks. Strike three.

I've quit even looking in there which I hate because I have gotten some great deals over the years. I guess as well as Spyder bit I am snake bit.

Cruzr Joe
12-09-2015, 05:33 PM
as the saying goes .................................Buyer Beware.............................And use Paypal in case there is a problem.

Cruzr Joe

BikerDoc
12-09-2015, 05:47 PM
I have only been a seller here, but all of my buyers were happy with the experience

Bob Denman
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Treat folks the way that you want to be treated...
And "Caveat Emptor"; just in case! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences. I have not bought anything, but sold a few things over the years.

spacetiger
12-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Like ebay, just post what happened and include name. If things get square, you can always change what you wrote (unlike ebay).

Seems like a fair thing to do. Always post pics of the article on both sides.

Jerry

Cruzr Joe
12-09-2015, 06:28 PM
On the windshield .................... your fault ......................... always check something to be sure it is correct, if you wait a month, suspicions arise.

(NO, I DID NOT SELL IT TO HIM)

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
12-09-2015, 06:44 PM
It's usually a real good idea to know more about the product, than the person who is selling it. nojoke
That way; you know how to ask exactly what will be included in the package, and what you need to go hunt down on your own. :thumbup:
I've had pretty good luck in here... and I hope that I didn't just jinx myself! :shocked:

pegasus1300
12-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Tommy sorry you have had such a bad experience. In the short time I have been active here I have both bought and sold from private parties and vendor/sponsers and have yet to have a bad experience. Like you I had one private party send the article before I had gotten home to paypal the money. I hope if you see something in the future here you will have better luck.

Ex-Rocket
12-09-2015, 07:43 PM
I have bought and sold several things on Spyderlovers. All of mine turned out great. Maybe I have just been lucky or just living right. Sorry you've nothing but bad luck.

kbwitt
12-09-2015, 07:46 PM
as the saying goes .................................Buyer Beware.............................And use Paypal in case there is a problem.

Cruzr Joe
Paypal gives you no protection
Kenn

bmccaffrey
12-09-2015, 07:51 PM
I'vebought several items and so far have had good experience.

TommyBwell
12-09-2015, 08:34 PM
On the windshield .................... your fault ......................... always check something to be sure it is correct, if you wait a month, suspicions arise.

(NO, I DID NOT SELL IT TO HIM)

Cruzr Joe

You are correct, I should have checked. I had a Route 129 on my F3 that uses the same hardware so I just swapped it out. I preferred the 129 so I put it back on and had the BR sold. I had it boxed up with the hardware still in the box it was shipped to me. I decided to check to see if everything was there and it was not.

The biggest pisser is the stock shocks sold as "upgrade" Fox shocks. He swears he paid over $700 to get stock F3 shocks for his F3. He offered me 80% of my money less shipping back as an "olive branch". What a class act.

I have over 300 transactions on eBay and dozens on forums but things just don't work out for me here.

Spyder 42
12-10-2015, 04:15 AM
Tommy, sorry to hear of the troubles but we are a new community and so, it's up to us to self police the riffraff. Whether the issues were due to negligence or deceit depends on bringing facts into play. Some people don't want to deal in fact, as in "I've got an RT comfort seat for sale" type of sale where the owner doesn't know what they have but want you to pay for it.

The only way to verify that you are getting what you pay for is to demand part numbers and, even then, pictures of the part numbers. I guess what I'm getting at is, give your 80% olive branch a chance to correct his mistake or out him. We need to know who the scammers are also.

Chupaca
12-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Luck of the draw..:banghead: have bought a few items but not from the sell by owner and all has gone well. I guess once they end up there things get stale and strange. Sorry you had this happen...

A Spyder Ryder
12-10-2015, 02:45 PM
You are correct, I should have checked. I had a Route 129 on my F3 that uses the same hardware so I just swapped it out. I preferred the 129 so I put it back on and had the BR sold. I had it boxed up with the hardware still in the box it was shipped to me. I decided to check to see if everything was there and it was not.

The biggest pisser is the stock shocks sold as "upgrade" Fox shocks. He swears he paid over $700 to get stock F3 shocks for his F3. He offered me 80% of my money less shipping back as an "olive branch". What a class act.

I have over 300 transactions on eBay and dozens on forums but things just don't work out for me here.

Thank You for the heads up.

-Paul

PatriotRider
12-10-2015, 03:16 PM
so sorry to hear this...I've only had problems with a handful of ebay transactions...great luck on bike forums...I like to think we are all family with a higher standard of behavior in places like this

I hope you can get past this with a benefit of the doubt attitude

Ron2andia
12-10-2015, 07:06 PM
So far so good! Bought two things both went well.:thumbup:

TommyBwell
12-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Well I recovered my money on the windshield with a bit of a loss but the buyer got a great deal so I feel good about it. Still no luck selling the shocks or getting the seller to do the right thing. You just can't change someone's nature. If a person does not have integrity you are not going to talk them into having it on a forum. The funny thing is I sent him a PM a few months because his screen name looks like a reference to Christianity and I thought it was cool. He told me it was not and has gone on to prove it. It is sad what people can justify as acceptable behavior.

GA-SPYDER
12-23-2015, 01:56 PM
but, also aftermarket companies.
Purchased a windshield for the F-3 from Madstadt, one and only purchase, and got burned on that. Long story. I ranted on here about a month ago. Will NEVER buy anything from them again.

latony007
12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
One buy and one sell on here and no problems. Over 1600 feedback on Ebay selling graded comics (anyone collects let me know :) with VERY few issues. Knock on Wood.