PDA

View Full Version : SE5-Stuck again

D&J's#2
02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, I have had all the relays, sensors, oil spring, etc. replaced by my dealer and well; my spyder got stuck in 1st gear again yesterday. My wife and I went on a ride sat., about 136mi round trip, no problems. Yesterday we put about 50mi. on it ,20mi. or so in town. When I stopped and pulled the lever forward to put it in reverse (hadn't touched the reverse buttor yet) it lurched forward, tore up a chunk of grass and died. The alarm didn't go off telling me the parking brake was not on or flash on the screen. I had my wife get off and I started it up-stuck in 1st gear. After a few min. of messing with it I got it into R. How do I get in touch with BRP about the problem?:dontknow:

SpyderDog65
02-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, I have had all the relays, sensors, oil spring, etc. replaced by my dealer and well; my spyder got stuck in 1st gear again yesterday. My wife and I went on a ride sat., about 136mi round trip, no problems. Yesterday we put about 50mi. on it ,20mi. or so in town. When I stopped and pulled the lever forward to put it in reverse (hadn't touched the reverse buttor yet) it lurched forward, tore up a chunk of grass and died. The alarm didn't go off telling me the parking brake was not on or flash on the screen. I had my wife get off and I started it up-stuck in 1st gear. After a few min. of messing with it I got it into R. How do I get in touch with BRP about the problem?:dontknow:

Im sorry to here about your dilemma i have a SE5 also but i havent had that many probs with mine thank god it died on me once and i had it fixed they replaced my gear sensor switch and a some spring i forget what it was called but it was an upgrade from what the mech told me. BRP wont help u. U must go through your dealer they dont deal with customers if your dealer sucks then u may want to see if u can find a more reputable one near were u live would be your only option BRP makes the dealers take care of any probs customers have they dont or wont deal with customers from what ive seen and read on these forums :) hope u can get your :spyder2: fixed properly and quickly...they really need to stop selling the se5 and take it back to the drawing board is what i think there are just way to many of them that are having probs very few of us are lucky enough to have one that runs good sorry about yours :( take care..............Michael

Red SE5 6spoke rims,1inch riser,Venom Exhaust by Motad,Mono Seatcover,NMN Juicbox,NMN 8k HiD Headlights,NMN Tripleplay Taillights,NMN Fender Tips,NMN Extra BrakeLight,NMN Carbon Fiber SE5 990 Handlebar Inserts,Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions,Kewlmetal Spiderweb Side-Panel Radiator Insert,Kury ISO Handgrips/Throttleboss,Kury ISO Footpegs(these footpegs SUCK),Propad Gelseat Cushion