PDA

View Full Version : Cain't sink headset to garmin gps????

steriltech
12-07-2015, 02:57 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120839&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120840&stc=1 Ok I just installed 2 sena smh10r low profile headsets for calls music and gps got 2 of the 3. I can call, hear music from my phone but can not sink my gps???? I hold the button for multi devices but just can not sink it! Anyone have one of these and are using a gps?? I tryied 3 garmins, I yes I can use the intercom to have siri open a nav app and she dose but I don't here it in the helmet....:pray:

Highwayman2013
12-07-2015, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHT0N8d_3k

Mikeye
12-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Not sure but if you put the items in the sink, they might SYNC better but not sure :roflblack::roflblack:

kellyk6
12-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Is it motorcycle GPS? If not it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky
12-10-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure you are connecting the devices correctly. I use a Sena SMH10, a Garmin Zumo 590 and an IPhone 6. I sync my phone to the GOS, not the headset. Then, the headset to the GPS. I can selectively play MP3 music from the card on the GPS, music off the phone, Pandora off the phone, make phone calls and hear the GPS info. The key is the Zumo is the only device talking to the headset. Headset will still do Bluetooth to another headset for the intercom.

Dont know if this isn't what you were after but this works for me. Hope this helps.

finless
12-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Is it motorcycle GPS? If not it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually some car GPS's do have the functionality like a motorcycle GPS to pair to your helmet.
It's a very small list though.
Sena has a list of those on their website.
For instance, the Garmin 755/765/775 models work with a helmet Bluetooth headset.

Bob

Devious56
03-13-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm not sure you are connecting the devices correctly. I use a Sena SMH10, a Garmin Zumo 590 and an IPhone 6. I sync my phone to the GOS, not the headset. Then, the headset to the GPS. I can selectively play MP3 music from the card on the GPS, music off the phone, Pandora off the phone, make phone calls and hear the GPS info. The key is the Zumo is the only device talking to the headset. Headset will still do Bluetooth to another headset for the intercom.

Dont know if this isn't what you were after but this works for me. Hope this helps.

If I may, what is the GOS?

DAVID

Brentc
03-13-2016, 06:52 AM
What are the models of the different devices you are trying to connect? As Bob mentioned above, the GPS may not support Bluetooth.

JayBros
03-13-2016, 08:43 AM
FWIW, I am presently working an issue with a new SMH10 that Sena replaced because the original (Firmware v5.0) battery crapped out in less than a year. With my original SMH10 I paired the headset with my iPhone 5S, SM10 and Zumo 590 in the followinfg sequence from the user's manual: Phone Selective Pairing, Sec 7.2, Phone Pairing, Sec 6.1; Multipoint Pairing, Sec 6.2. With this pairing sequence I could listen to the Spyder's AM/FM radio or the Zumo's MP3 player, make/receive calls using the Zumo's phone app and get turn by turn navigation instructions from the GPS. (I separately paired the iPhone and GPS using the instructions in the Garmin user's guide so I could use the GPS phone app.) I could do all of this from the seat. I intentionally have no music on my phone and don't use Pandora on the road.

The new SMH10 came with Firmware v5.1 and the process above no longer works; I can't select the audio source from the saddle. According to Sena tech support the pairing sequence must now be SMH10 to GPS - Phone Pairing, Sec 6.1; SMH10 to SM10 - Phone Pairing, Sec 6.1; SMH10 to iPhone - Multipoint Pairing, Sec 6.2. The PITA about this pairing sequence is that if I want to listen to the MP3 the SM10, in the frunk, must be turned off and if I want to listen to the Spyder's radio I have to turn on the SM10. (Sort of like Revzilla, decide before you ride.) Again, the iPhone and GPS are separately paired per Garmin instructions so I can use the GPS phone app. I'm not quite finished futzing with this new sequence and am considering rolling back the firmware version to 5.0 to get things the way they used to be. This kind of :cus: shouldn't happen with a firmware upgrade IMO.