PDA

View Full Version : 1GB memory stick from BRP

jetskier
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Got this in the post from BRP today. It includes a letter from BRP UK welcoming me to the Spyder community, plus a 1GB USB memory stick that includes videos and high resolution studio and location images of the Spyder.

Anyone else get this or is it just a UK/Europe thing?

bjt
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
We haven't gotten that. A few months back, we did get a similar package that contained a DVD (of the Homecoming I think). Congrats on the BRP gift. :clap:

mc2276
02-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Very nice.. I have not received anything from them yet. Not even my owner's card.. :banghead: Oh well... Guess I am not one of the lucky ones

shunkmanitu
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM

>>>>that BRP believes the EU consumer a step ahead of the US market. As one who started programming the computer aided trainers with punch tape I had been on the leading edge for many years but now feel decades out of touch.

Spent a few weeks with my younger son, one of two boys both in the computer and commutations fields and learned just how outdated I am. It was a pleasant experience to have him take about ten seconds to check our location and give me directions to a lunch choice, all from his cell phone. I still impress myself with the digital camera that will loan its card to the desktop to store and view all my new photos. Of course anything he shoots is already on file in his system at home as he goes on to the next shot.

During a trip to visit our new extended family in India over a year ago Carolyn obtained a cell phone designed for the Asian market. At that time it was new but not the latest model and just now are the local companies starting to field programs that will match the phone’s capabilities. At present she just uses it as a cell and video phone and as a medium resolution camera.

Trumpybob
02-03-2009, 04:42 AM
Got this in the post from BRP today. It includes a letter from BRP UK welcoming me to the Spyder community, plus a 1GB USB memory stick that includes videos and high resolution studio and location images of the Spyder.

About a month after I picked up my Spyder, I also received a package from BRP Australia. It contained a 1GB memory stick, plus a Tank bag and two Canam caps. It's a nice way to say thank you and was totaly unexpected.
I put all the pdf manuals plus the workshop manual on the memory stick. Keeps them all together nicely

Bob

igor
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
im from EU and got nothing from BRP :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:..

bjt
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
About a month after I picked up my Spyder, I also received a package from BRP Australia. It contained a 1GB memory stick, plus a Tank bag and two Canam caps. It's a nice way to say thank you and was totaly unexpected.
I put all the pdf manuals plus the workshop manual on the memory stick. Keeps them all together nicely

Bob

Tank bag!?!?!? Now that would be a nice 'Welcome to CanAm' present. :2thumbs:

mrb
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
There are several of us here that had already laid out the $175 to buy a tank bag before receiving the complimentary one. Try as I might I could not get them both on the tank at the same time!! :joke:
Perhaps we can start an export business to the US! With our current exchange rate :mad:

HotWheels
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
When I fist read this post being a tech geek I was upset that this USB care package was only being given out in the UK what happened to use here in the USA. I would love to have a something like this to carry around and about with any information and reference such as what Trumpybob did with his info. I began to do some research and came up with this web site:

http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive.html (http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive.html)

Maybe Lamonster can look into this and have these as something to sell here to support the main tense to this site and also help out fellow members that have or just join the site. We can have the Sypder Logo put on it with all the info that we can gather up. Such as any mods, repair, images, videos and manuals that have been talked about here in one little package. To use or even show off. I know I plan to make one up my self and when I get it done I will post an update. I called the company myself and they said the minimum is 25 I didn’t ask for the cost of the design but it cant be much for a 1 gig chip. If you looked further in the site we can come up with many good ideas. They even have USB wallet cards. I was thinking maybe doing those and making them look like SpyderLovers Membership cards. Hey let me know what you think show some support and see if this is something you be willing to invest a couple of bucks on I know I would.
:2thumbs:

Lamonster
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
:thumbup:

mc2276
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
When I fist read this post being a tech geek I was upset that this USB care package was only being given out in the UK what happened to use here in the USA. I would love to have a something like this to carry around and about with any information and reference such as what Trumpybob did with his info. I began to do some research and came up with this web site:

http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive.html (http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive.html)

Maybe Lamonster can look into this and have these as something to sell here to support the main tense to this site and also help out fellow members that have or just join the site. We can have the Sypder Logo put on it with all the info that we can gather up. Such as any mods, repair, images, videos and manuals that have been talked about here in one little package. To use or even show off. I know I plan to make one up my self and when I get it done I will post an update. I called the company myself and they said the minimum is 25 I didn’t ask for the cost of the design but it cant be much for a 1 gig chip. If you looked further in the site we can come up with many good ideas. They even have USB wallet cards. I was thinking maybe doing those and making them look like SpyderLovers Membership cards. Hey let me know what you think show some support and see if this is something you be willing to invest a couple of bucks on I know I would.
:2thumbs: :bowdown:

I really like that idea. I would definitely purchase one. :2thumbs:

LDFIREWORKS
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
nope did not get one:yikes:

HotWheels
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Well I got contacted by CustomeUSB and here is the info they sent me in the email.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your interest in our CustomUSB products and services. Could you give me more details about your project? This would help me offer suggestions on the best way to approach it.

Per your request, I am including our current prices below. Our standard delivery time is 14 business days. Please let me know when you will need this order delivered.

You can email me your logo in EPS vector format and I would be happy to send you a picture proof to review. Let me know if you have any questions or require additional information. I look forward to working with you.

USB FLASH DRIVES - Spin or DE Models
Size Qty. Less than 50 (Minimum 25)
1GB $7.30 per unit

PRINTING
Printing: $100 for one color logo, $50 for each additional color

OTHER SERVICES
Lanyards or Keyrings - FREE
Picture Proof - FREE
Pre-Loading - $0.50

SUGGESTED PACKAGING
Bulk Packaging - FREE
Mini Tin Boxes - $1.25
Velvet Pouches - $0.50

Custom Packaging Available

We now offer 24-hour turn around. Ask me how.

Edward Kantorovich
Solutions Consultant

Tel. 847-205-5200 x 7136
Fax. 847-556-0166
www.CustomUSB.com (http://www.customusb.com/)

Now here is what the spin USB looks like:

http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-spin.html (http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-spin.html)

They come in all the colors that match the spyder so we can probably get them in a neutral color.

But I was thinking maybe we can do the FlashBand Drive

http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-flashband.html (http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-flashband.html)

They also come in all the colors and it be easy accesses to carry when we work on the spyder or even just go out ridding. I say we get them and fill them up with everything even our own personal images of our progress with the spyder. Well I also purchase a great interactive Service Manual that I brought off of EBAY only takes about 200megs of space on the chip the rest I will fill up for any other references that I got of this website even instruction from No Neon Magic. All this I will put together within in the week and see how much space I am really going to need for the chip it self. I even talked it out with my wife and I might invest in about 25 of them the minimum needed to purchase and have them as a giveaway for a BIG BBQ I like to have in my house for all that is willing to come with there spyder this some I think it would be a hoot to fill my lawn up with as many fellow riders that will come. And again the first 25 that come or can come with there spyder will get a FlashBand as a gift. Plus Food!!! So look out for that one at another post at another time this summer. Well let me know guys what you think.

PS Lamonster can i use your logos form the page to have these done?