PDA

View Full Version : Sleep thee well oh mighty spyder

A Spyder Ryder
12-06-2015, 02:40 PM
ok, I recently took the plunge a bought a 2013 RT
It has had all the love BRP could muster on a problem child.
It sports vents everywhere.
Anyway today in early December, in the snow belt of PA, i doubt it will see a road any time soon.
I live in a very small PA town that is just waiting to be inundated with the fluffy white stuff.
I have another BRP product that helps me with the Winter Blahs so that is why I am hopeful
my new purchase will help me in summer as much as the ski-doo helps in winter to relieve
the malaise of a season.
My new Spyder is in the shed asleep and unaware.
I will let it slumber until the day, that surely must come, when the salt is off the road and the brother ski-doo is useless in the mud.
I did see that snow machines can maneuver on open water so if I can screw my courage up a notch I might just try it.

Paul

Bob Denman
12-06-2015, 02:46 PM
I did see that snow machines can maneuver on open water so if I can screw my courage up a notch I might just try it.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I'm sorry to hear that your Street-Ride, has been put to bed...
As far as snowmobiles on open water... It's a "WFO; pin your ears back, and NEVER let off the throttle!!" game...
Bu it IS fun!! :D

A Spyder Ryder
12-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi Paul,
I'm sorry to hear that your Street-Ride, has been put to bed...
As far as snowmobiles on open water... It's a "WFO; pin your ears back, and NEVER let off the throttle!!" game...
Bu it IS fun!! :D

I never did that before but I do have the machine up for the job,
My aging Alpine with twin tracks and opposed twin probably will stay off the water but my other ski-doo will make it if i have the courage to try.
There is a snowmobile polar bear club nearby.
I know the crazy guy who run it.

Chupaca
12-06-2015, 03:53 PM
A sad happy moment no doubt...may she have a restful slumber while your screaming down the way on the white stuff...:clap::clap:

Ron2andia
12-06-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm right behind you.. was going to put her to bed today but thinking maybe one more nice one coming?......:dontknow:

Bob Denman
12-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Does your Alpine have the 370 in it? :shocked:

ARtraveler
12-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Rest easy o faithful friend. :yes::yes:

A Spyder Ryder
12-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Does your Alpine have the 371 in it? :shocked:

I don't really know.
360 seems to rattle around in my head.
I looked on the engine plate but could only tread the 3.
It's a long motor with the pistons pointing in opposite directions.

latony007
12-07-2015, 11:07 PM
i love reading these my spyder is sleeping for the winter threads. Makes me remember why i pay such high taxes! My spyder wont be put to sleep for the winter until.... oh wait thats right it wont be put away for the winter cause its warm here all year round! :yes:

Bob Denman
12-08-2015, 08:18 AM
I don't really know.
360 seems to rattle around in my head.
I looked on the engine plate but could only tread the 3.
It's a long motor with the pistons pointing in opposite directions.
That's the 370... :bowdown:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120856&stc=1
I believe that it was the only engine, that Ski-Doo ever mounted in the "layed-down" configuration.
They also made a 371, that they used in the more recreational machines. That one was mounted upright.
(We had one, in a 1969 Nordic...)

But they DID use the 370 in some of the early Olympique models... SUPER RARE!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120857&stc=1

Trekster
12-08-2015, 08:55 AM
<snip>
I will let it slumber until the day, that surely must come, when the salt is off the road and the brother ski-doo is useless in the mud.

Paul

Mine is likewise.... snug under her cover and staying ready for the first hint of Spring. Only thing is, we could have a day or two this week when it just might be rydable ;). Wouldn't that be a kick in the shorts... :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Keep their noses pointed towards the door... just in case! :thumbup:

Mick N
12-08-2015, 12:26 PM
It has had all the love BRP could muster on a problem child.
It sports vents everywhere.
Anyway today in early December, in the snow belt of PA, i doubt it will see a road any time soon.
I live in a very small PA town that is just waiting to be inundated with the fluffy white stuff.
I have another BRP product that helps me with the Winter Blahs so that is why I am hopeful
my new purchase will help me in summer as much as the ski-doo helps in winter to relieve
the malaise of a season.

Paul

I never put mine to bed for the winter... it's on battery tender and available for a ryde whenever the streets are safe, snow cleared and dry. Depending on the air temp, the ryde might not be a long one but if I can get on my favorite 'test loop' (straightaways, curves, sharp curves, rises and dips, country side with creeks, farms and barns) for an hour+ then I'm happy! Only takes 10 minutes to get out of the city/traffic and onto scenic roads with speed limits from tight 15 mph curves - 55 mph straightaways with rises and dips (I have been known to slightly abuse the speed limit here on occasion). No brag. Just fact.

Ryde safe.