PDA

View Full Version : little help with panels?

pol4950
12-06-2015, 11:09 AM
2013 st , my 1st try at changing air filter and spark plugs. I got down to last panel covering air filter. I could not find last clip or screw holding panel on. So, I stopped and came here to see if any vids are out there? if any help is out there > please send! I did not want to keep trying to mess with panel and break it. Thank you taking the time to read.

billybovine
12-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Be more specific. From your description I don't know which panel you are talking about. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Also do you still have the 2013 panels or have you swapped out for the 2014 ones.

Flamewinger
12-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Are you talking about the outside panels? Or a black cover over the filter housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MelloYelloSpyder
12-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I personally have had no luck finding any videos that show how to remove the panels on an ST. I know how to remove the some of them as I have personally replaced the 13 with the 14 year panels. I am wanting to remove what is necessary to get the airbox out. I am replacing with the JT airfilter kit next spring and have all but given up figuring out how to get those panels off so I can get the airbox out of the machine.

JKMSPYDER
12-08-2015, 03:55 PM
If you removed the '13 panels to install the '14 panels you already did it! Just remove the '14 panels on both sides and the plastic panel that your parking brake switch is on and you are done. Air box and resonator are a bear to get out but can be done. Just look for zip ties that need to be cut and wires that need to be moved out of the way.

MelloYelloSpyder
12-11-2015, 12:05 PM
If you removed the '13 panels to install the '14 panels you already did it! Just remove the '14 panels on both sides and the plastic panel that your parking brake switch is on and you are done. Air box and resonator are a bear to get out but can be done. Just look for zip ties that need to be cut and wires that need to be moved out of the way.

There are still two panels right below that black plastic piece that surround the mirrors. Those are not changed when putting the 14 panels on the bike. I was under the impression that those need to be removed as well as the mirrors.

JKMSPYDER
12-11-2015, 12:26 PM
​Yes those panels need to be removed too.

Flamewinger
12-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Those two "below mirror" panels have screws under switch panel, teeny tiny screws under headlight and screws in the mirror mounts. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MelloYelloSpyder
12-15-2015, 11:34 AM
​Yes those panels need to be removed too.

Those are the two where I can find no videos or guidance on how to remove. The others were pretty straight forward with the screws and pushpins.

Craniac
12-15-2015, 12:36 PM
That panel is held in place by the mirror. So...you need to remove the mirrors.

Remove the clear air deflectors. Remove the tupperware from the mirrors. Give the mirror a sharp rap straight up and the two lower mirror mounts will release. Mirror is now loose. Unplug wiring harness and remove mirror. Remove the black mirror mount (4 screws if I remember correctly). Side panel is now loose. That is if you removed the screw near the headlight and the one under the center panel.

pol4950
12-16-2015, 11:06 AM
thanks to all that wrote back.. it was the 2013 panels and I finally got it. Just went back took my time and a very good flashlight. Thanks again to all