PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend to a First timer to spyderfest

Brentc
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Will be at my first spyderfest this year, and got to wondering if there were any " must see or must go to " events or places that people would recommend?

YIRYDE
12-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Enjoy yourself, have fun, pack your rain gear and have some extra cash of farkles. There will be a lot of vendors there selling Spyder accessories.

PrairieSpyder
12-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Enjoy yourself, have fun, pack your rain gear and have some extra cash of farkles. There will be a lot of vendors there selling Spyder accessories.

Bring lots of cash or sound credit.

Dine at Lamberts at least once in your life.

Hook up with some other Spyder Lovers and enjoy the company. At Best Western CruzrJoe & Sheila are great hosts and every evening there was a social time in the meeting room and lots of fun and fellowship. If you're not staying at BW, you can still come to the party!

Bass Pro's mothership store is in Springfield and you might enjoy shopping there.

Go on the rides. Or get the routes and go on them with some friends.

See Branson and Eureka Springs.

Bfromla
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Bring lots of cash or sound credit.

Dine at Lamberts at least once in your life.

Hook up with some other Spyder Lovers and enjoy the company. At Best Western CruzrJoe & Sheila are great hosts and every evening there was a social time in the meeting room and lots of fun and fellowship. If you're not staying at BW, you can still come to the party!

Bass Pro's mothership store is in Springfield and you might enjoy shopping there.

Go on the rides. Or get the routes and go on them with some friends.

See Branson and Eureka Springs.:agree: & lots of cash if you can try extended stay, fyi my first festival was this year & right after was a 80mile Springfield local Ozarks biker awareness (Can you see me now) ride well worth joining & was great for me with my new Farkles. Also had few regular bike vendors & more good food:bbq::clap:. I revisited few stops from the poker run that I wanted to visit more freely , & plan on seeing again, they were that nice & my kind of places(huge Basspro):yes:
Beware the Diverging diamond interchange :yikes: Can trip you up if unaware. & Springfield has a few of them. Best to come day early get settled & find Pitbull so you can make it your first stop, get your preregistration packet& other goodies, meet others there for same. Fyi filled parking lots nothing but spyders on either side.Was nice:thumbup:
& then can catch a group to follow to main attraction. Most of all ENJOY:clap::2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
12-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Lots of things to do and people to meet.

Visit Vendor Village for all things Spyder

Be sure to go to the BBQ that they always wind up having

If you are not familiar with the area, no worry there are a lot of folks willing to explore with you.

Go on one of the group rides (the less people in the ride the better).

Relax and have fun.

I am going to start a new thread with advice for things to bring with you for Spyderfest, later in the week, watch for it.

Cruzr Joe

jaherbst
12-01-2015, 07:31 PM
You all forgot the most important! Stop at PitBull and Lamonster Garage. Buy some "Farckles", get "Squared Away"! :joke:

Jack

DJFaninTN
12-01-2015, 07:47 PM
lots of it

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5049fdefecad04a361000008/throwing-money.gif

JayBros
12-01-2015, 07:57 PM
You all forgot the most important! Stop at PitBull and Lamonster Garage. Buy some "Farckles", get "Squared Away"! :joke:

Jack

By all means, if you haven't had your Spyder laser aligned contact Joe or Ann Meyer at Squared Away and make an appointment.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-01-2015, 08:17 PM
By all means, if you haven't had your Spyder laser aligned contact Joe or Ann Meyer at Squared Away and make an appointment.
:yes:.....Finally, something I can agree with., Joe & Ann do an excellent job.......Springfield has some AWESOME BBQ, so DO NOT GO TO .....LAMBERT'S.....it is a Tourist trap.....if you think watching rolls being thrown = great BBQ , then go. Also I agree with someone who suggested going early and doing your own discovery of the great , scenic , twisty , smooth roads they have. I'm thinking of getting there on Monday and starting my own tour of the BBQ joints and roads......keep in touch if you want to join along.......:yes:.....Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm blushing. Thanks for all the kind words and BrentC please stop by vendor village and if you haven't had your Spyder laser aligned we will get your Squared Away, and if you have already had one done, stop by anyway to say hi.

Brentc
12-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Mike, I may take you up on that offer of going early. Would just need to adjust hotel arrival date. Well keep in touch.

Ann, I was planning to make an appointment to have the spyder "squared away" during my trip. I'll firm it up once we get closer and you start taking appointments. The only variable would be whether or not I also need my new Kuhmo tire mounted when I get there or if I can get it installed here ahead of the trip.:D

Grandpa Pete
12-01-2015, 11:32 PM
There's a really cool castle in Springfield that was once owned by the Knights of Pythian. It's a fantastic tour.:thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Advice? :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=121063&stc=1