PDA

View Full Version : My Conundrum

Fatcycledaddy
12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
I ask all of you about leather or vinyl seat and thanks for all of your input!! :thumbup:

Now here is a new conundrum, I told my wife that I was ordering a Russell Day Long seat and she told me that she LOVED the factory limited seat and leave it alone!:yikes:
I am sure that the Russel Day Long would be better for her too, but do I save some money and let hers be, or should I just order hers done to and not tell her? :shemademe_smilie:You can see where that could backfire on me if she doesn't like the new one.:dontknow:

The next thing is I will need to have the whole seat and backrest recovered, will the passenger seat look the same if I leave it stock, or do they tweak it a little for easier recovering?

Last, have any of you had just the driver seat redone by Russell Day Long, and do you regret not getting the passenger seat redone at the same time?

Bob Denman
12-01-2015, 02:23 PM
:lecturef_smilie: :shocked:

If Momma ain't Happy; it can ruin your entire existence! nojoke

That's all that I have to say about this... :D

ARtraveler
12-01-2015, 02:29 PM
You are probably right thinking the new seat will be an improvement over the OEM. It always has been for me, and I have now done that on five out of five.

However................seats are a very personal thing. People either like or NOT. Could be an expensive mistake if your spouse is not on board.

Vote: Don't do it. :yes:

TEWKS
12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Honey, I'm having the filet mignon, you? Oh I'll just have the hamburger. Done! :roflblack:

Pat

cuznjohn
12-01-2015, 04:28 PM
at first i was confused because i never used conundrum's, but i agree with bob, if she ain't happy you won't be happy

Bob Denman
12-01-2015, 05:22 PM
at first i was confused because i never used conundrum's, but i agree with bob, if she ain't happy you won't be happy
:shocked: Never???

PW2013STL
12-01-2015, 05:34 PM
To bad we can not meet up on the Spyders this time of the year otherwise we could have got together and your wife could have tried out mine to see if she likes it better.

Did that earlier this year with another couple and she must of liked it as they plan on ordering one this winter.

Les

Ron2andia
12-01-2015, 05:39 PM
I would work out a way to have her try it on someone's before... Maybe yours? If I read right do yours and let her try to see what she thinks.:spyder:

Fatcycledaddy
12-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Only one Spyder, hers would be the back passenger seat. Either I get a single, just the drivers done, or I get a dual, both driver and passenger done.

Bob Denman
12-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I tried that once: I got a sheepskin half-cover for the seat... MY half! :shocked:

Let's just say that it didn't go over too well... :lecturef_smilie: :yikes:

cuznjohn
12-01-2015, 06:10 PM
:shocked: Never???

well almost never.

Cruzr Joe
12-01-2015, 06:21 PM
1) I can't see doing half a seat :hun:

1A) I can't see Pi**ing Momma off :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

2) See 1A :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

3) See 1A :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

Are you starting to see what we are saying?? :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
12-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Joe's right... :agree:

Indyron
12-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I ask all of you about leather or vinyl seat and thanks for all of your input!! :thumbup:

Now here is a new conundrum, I told my wife that I was ordering a Russell Day Long seat and she told me that she LOVED the factory limited seat and leave it alone!:yikes:
I am sure that the Russel Day Long would be better for her too, but do I save some money and let hers be, or should I just order hers done to and not tell her? :shemademe_smilie:You can see where that could backfire on me if she doesn't like the new one.:dontknow:

The next thing is I will need to have the whole seat and backrest recovered, will the passenger seat look the same if I leave it stock, or do they tweak it a little for easier recovering?

Last, have any of you had just the driver seat redone by Russell Day Long, and do you regret not getting the passenger seat redone at the same time?

Send me the money that is burning a hole in your pocket and keep your seat. :thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
12-01-2015, 07:25 PM
The passenger seat and the driver seat are a single unit, the only part that belongs exclusively to the passenger is the back rest. You have heard from the married men in this group, and I agree with them. So, you could buy another stock seat. Send your current to RDL and have them work their magic on your existing seat. Don't use the the stock seat you order and install the RDL seat on the motorcycle. Take the lovely lady for a test drive........the odds are good that she will love the new seat. The send the stock seat you ordered back to wherever you bought. Gets a little more expensive if she doesn't like the RDL seat, and you will have to see if RDL will give you your money back. But Momma will be happy, and you will be eating and sleeping indoors!:roflblack::roflblack:

Fatcycledaddy
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I understand that it is a one seat and one seat pan. However, Russell will do what they call a solo seat, they only work their magic on one part but recover the whole thing.

I see where this is going, it's my decision, and whatever it is I MUST keep momma happy. Hmmmmmm sounds like a no win, hung if I do and maybe if I don't

Motorcycledave
12-01-2015, 09:44 PM
I could send you one of my Gel Seat kits and
you could install it your self and save big
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I will even send you some extra memory foam
All for only $79.95
go to www.motorcycledave.com and click on the
how to install it
you will not be sorry
Ride Safe
Dave

Fatcycledaddy
12-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Has anyone installed Dave's GEL-Foam Seat Kit and if so how did it work for you?:dontknow:
I've got to admit that his price grabbed my attention.

PatriotRider
12-10-2015, 03:32 PM
haven't followed the whole story, but have you considered an airhawk air pad...it's the same technology wheelchair bound patients sit on to prevent butt sores and bed ridden patients to prevent bed sores.

I've found the seat itself doesn't matter...any seat is merely a platform for the airpad. Been using one for 20 years and 200k miles of riding including iron butts. Many of my friends have Russels...but I've enjoyed equal or close lack of pain as they have.

and they have a buy it and try it and return it if unhappy policy.

just sharing my experience