PDA

View Full Version : Red Rocks Rally

jaherbst
12-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Anyone know if a host hotel has been picked for this Rally Sept.27-30? St. George UT is the city I believe but no hotel info.

Jack

SpyderAnn01
12-01-2015, 01:14 PM
I sent a FB message to Katlyn to find out. I will post here as soon as I hear from her.

Highwayman2013
12-01-2015, 01:37 PM
It's on the website, Fairfield and the Hilton.

pegasus1300
12-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Go to Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah on facebook and all the information should be there.

murphybrown
12-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Go to website and info should all be there....Vendors will be setting up in the parking lot of the host hotel(s)..the hotels are side by side...:thumbup:

murphybrown
12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
UPDATE: We are happy to announce that we have reached an agreement with the host hotel for the 2016 event.
The host hotels will be the HILTON GARDEN INN - (435) 634-4100 and FAIRFIELD INN - (435) 673-6066.
Both hotels are located in St George and are located directly across the street from one another.
Room rates are Hilton $109.00 Fairfield $99.00

Rally Dates: Sept. 27-30, 2016

Highwayman2013
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
All info:http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

PrairieSpyder
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
All info:http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/

No lodging info posted there yet.

Highwayman2013
12-01-2015, 05:52 PM
No lodging info posted there yet.

Scroll down on the home page.

jaherbst
12-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your quick response and help. Just registered at the Hilton Garden Inn. The "Princess" has agreed to attend both Spyderfest and the Red Rock Rally of Southern Utah with me this year. After all I am only "half a man without her" :joke:

If you have not been across HWY 12 to Torrey and beyond your in for quite a treat. I ride here a lot.

Before or after Red Rocks Rally, here are some suggestions. You could do all or part:

Go North from St. George to Cedar City I-15---East from Cedar City on HWY 14 to HWY 89---North on HWY 89 to HWY 12 ---East on HWY 12 (stop to see Bryce Canyon N) continue on 12 East to Escalante, Boulder, Devils Backbone, and spend the night in Torrey. (recommend the Chuckwagon for RON).

Day two: East on HWY 24 to Hanksville---South on 95 to HWY 261---South to the famous Moki Dugway (google it) this should be on everyone's Bucket List---continue South to HWY 163--- South on 163 past Mexican Hat , Monument Valley, to Kayenta RON in Kayenta---

Day three: HWY 160 West (Navajo Trail) to Tuba City and on to HWY 89. At HWY 89 South to Flagstaff AZ or North to Page AZ.

There are so many breathtaking views and wonderful places to to stop. I do this trip twice a year with BMW Sport Touring and Tex Earnhardt group. on BMW two wheelers. We will be doing this on our way home after Red Rocks if anyone would like to join us.

Thanks to Katlyn and all the wonderful people who help her for this Rally in my most favorite riding spot in the world. During the Rally some great day rides to Hurricane UT, Virgin UT (yes believe it or not). Springdale UT and Zion NP.

Jack

JayBros
12-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Aw :cus:! another rally too far at the calendar time.

SpyderAnn01
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Aw :cus:! another rally too far at the calendar time.

Too far out to plan or too far to travel?

JayBros
12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Too far out to plan or too far to travel?

Too far to travel. Spyderfest is my long distance liberty card for the year for the year. Have to keep the bride happy or I won't make it to 53 years with her. She has a limited number of days she'll watch my dog too. Yeah I know, but a trailer and bring the dog with me.

murphybrown
12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
UPDATE: We are happy to announce that we have reached an agreement with the host hotel for the 2016 event.
The host hotels will be the HILTON GARDEN INN - (435) 634-4100 and FAIRFIELD INN - (435) 673-6066.
Both hotels are located in St George and are located directly across the street from one another.
Room rates are Hilton $109.00 Fairfield $99.00

Rally Dates: Sept. 27-30, 2016

Thank gosh for fellow spyderlovers...when you call hotel to make reservation PLEASE remember to say for Red Rock Rally...otherwise the rates are MUCH MUCH higher....:yikes:

jimnsusie
12-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone for your quick response and help. Just registered at the Hilton Garden Inn. The "Princess" has agreed to attend both Spyderfest and the Red Rock Rally of Southern Utah with me this year. After all I am only "half a man without her" :joke:

If you have not been across HWY 12 to Torrey and beyond your in for quite a treat. I ride here a lot.

Before or after Red Rocks Rally, here are some suggestions. You could do all or part:

Go North from St. George to Cedar City I-15---East from Cedar City on HWY 14 to HWY 89---North on HWY 89 to HWY 12 ---East on HWY 12 (stop to see Bryce Canyon N) continue on 12 East to Escalante, Boulder, Devils Backbone, and spend the night in Torrey. (recommend the Chuckwagon for RON).

Day two: East on HWY 24 to Hanksville---South on 95 to HWY 261---South to the famous Moki Dugway (google it) this should be on everyone's Bucket List---continue South to HWY 163--- South on 163 past Mexican Hat , Monument Valley, to Kayenta RON in Kayenta---

Day three: HWY 160 West (Navajo Trail) to Tuba City and on to HWY 89. At HWY 89 South to Flagstaff AZ or North to Page AZ.

There are so many breathtaking views and wonderful places to to stop. I do this trip twice a year with BMW Sport Touring and Tex Earnhardt group. on BMW two wheelers. We will be doing this on our way home after Red Rocks if anyone would like to join us.

Thanks to Katlyn and all the wonderful people who help her for this Rally in my most favorite riding spot in the world. During the Rally some great day rides to Hurricane UT, Virgin UT (yes believe it or not). Springdale UT and Zion NP.

Jack

Those sound like great rides. We are registered also and will be making a couple of different loops to and from the rally. Sure glad for the rally rates since without it they are so much higher.

jcthorne
12-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Contingent of four from Houston booked at the Fairfield. Looking forward to the Rally.

Highwayman2013
12-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Just booked my room at the Fairfield Inn.:yes:

LJspydee
12-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Our reservations have been made at the Temple View RV Resort as it will a stop on our way to AZ for the winter. We've see most of the notable attractions, but not on the Spyder. Looking forward to the rally.

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:29 PM
REGISTRATION OPENS 2/28!!

Registration is limited to the first 300 registrants due to the size constraints of the venue. So register early. If we have a lot of good feedback this year, we will consider alternatives for next year's event to allow more to attend.

It's the same event as Spyders in the Redwoods, just a different location. This is the first year for the event at our new location in Southern Utah.

Thank you all for your support!!!

www.redrockspyderrally.com (http://www.redrockspyderrally.com)

SpyderGirl
02-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Contingent of four from Houston booked at the Fairfield. Looking forward to the Rally.

I want your F3!!!! :)

Don't forget to register starting on 2/28. See you in Utah!!