PDA

View Full Version : Heat from vent

Grayfox
11-30-2015, 01:28 PM
I have a 2012 rts. I have the top block off plate on the right side. The guards under the spyder have been removed. Had the scoops added and acoustic panels removed. Still feel heat on my right foot. Have John's long seal boards on. Can you block off both vents with out over heating. Maybe block off the bottom and leave top open.
Thanks

Larry rt
11-30-2015, 02:08 PM
I have a 2013 Ltd , had recall done and only blocked of the lower dragon mouth, also made opening in bottom. No, overheating. I would not recommend to block of both openings.

Snowbelt Spyder
12-01-2015, 07:42 AM
I have a 2012 rts. I have the top block off plate on the right side. The guards under the spyder have been removed. Had the scoops added and acoustic panels removed. Still feel heat on my right foot. Have John's long seal boards on. Can you block off both vents with out over heating. Maybe block off the bottom and leave top open.
Thanks

Heat on your right foot is coming from the radiator exhaust and was not what the scoops were meant to correct. If you DON'T use highway pegs with the long seal boards, then you could try opening the top and blocking off the bottom instead, and see if the hot air exhaust misses your leg. It's all about your right leg and foot position relating to the airflow from those openings. As already stated, I also would not recommend blocking both of them. Personally, I use the seal pups floor boards and highway pegs to get my right foot out of the way.

quasi
12-01-2015, 07:56 AM
I also have a 2012 RTS and don't really feel the heat on my foot. maybe it's the leather boots I wear that insulate me from it.

Bob Denman
12-01-2015, 09:10 AM
:agree: Open the top, block the bottom; don't block both...