PDA

View Full Version : Need Better Winter Gloves

DrJohn
11-30-2015, 09:15 AM
I will ride until the snow falls. I dress warm. The only parts of me that gets really cold are my hands. I have a pair of Harley winter gloves. But, they don't do the trick. I got glove lines. But, the Harley gloves are too tight for them to fit. A larger size will have fingers that are too large.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

John

quasi
11-30-2015, 09:17 AM
heated grips or heated gloves.

DrJohn
11-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Where would I plug in heated grips or gloves?

John

bodymanpainter
11-30-2015, 09:29 AM
I use Gerbing heated gloves with rechargeable batteries and 4 different heat
settings, works great.
Toby

trikermutha
11-30-2015, 09:30 AM
You can use battery packs or direct hookup to the battery that has a fused harness..

What year/ model is your bike??

DrJohn
11-30-2015, 09:30 AM
I use Gerbing heated gloves with rechargeable batteries and 4 different heat
settings, works great.
Toby

Which batteries?

Copperman
11-30-2015, 09:31 AM

John

You may already have heated grips. As far as heated gear, you install the wiring (hooks up to your battery) and the plug in end stays under your seat. If you ride in the cooler weather, it's well worth the money.

Check with BajaRon. He sells Firstgear (Warm & Safe) heated gear and at a decent price.

trikermutha
11-30-2015, 09:31 AM
gerbing LI-ON batteries and a charger..The higher the setting the battery packs will drain faster.

bodymanpainter
11-30-2015, 09:32 AM
You can use battery packs or direct hookup to the battery that has a fused harness..

What year/ model is your bike??

They have battery packs and charger, my bike is a 2014 RTS.
Toby

trikermutha
11-30-2015, 09:34 AM
They have battery packs and charger, my bike is a 2014 RTS.
Toby

Yep ..was wondering about the OP bike. :thumbup:
Battery packs are a bit bulky but do work

Highwayman2013
11-30-2015, 09:36 AM
http://www.warmnsafe.com/

Bob Denman
11-30-2015, 09:37 AM
If you want to ride in the colder weather; why not try a set of gloves designed for snowmobiling? :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
If you want to ride in the colder weather; why not try a set of gloves designed for snowmobiling? :thumbup:

I wear Head Snowmobile gloves available at Costco, they are very warm, 100% waterproof and they have long gauntlets too. Oh, the best part is they are under $20.

pegasus1300
11-30-2015, 12:38 PM
If you are an AMA member Warm and Safe gives you an 18% discount. I like their gear a little better then Gerbings. I have had both.

murphybrown
11-30-2015, 01:19 PM

John

I had a "plug-in" installed close by...dealer did the install. Anyone with basic wiring skills can do same..Also know some folks have gotten the battery heated...know nothing about them...others may have input. Let us know what you find. Yep even though I have heated grips the backs of my hands got cold, no matter what kind of gloves/liners I used. i.e. 12' this a.m. will ryde as no snow/ice on roads...but will have heated gear on!!!:yikes:

murphybrown
11-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Local Spyder ryder just got his heated gloves, vest from BajaRON....vendor on SL and he swears by it. I've got my Gerbing that I've had for 5+ years...:yes:

BajaRon
11-30-2015, 01:40 PM
Check with me for pricing on the Firstgear heated gear, (which is Warm & Safe product) before you buy. I don't think you'll beat my price. But if you can you know you're getting a very good deal. The Thermo one piece waterproof, cold weather riding suit is also a great item for those who don't want to go with heated gear. A good number of Spyderlovers are using these.

Basically, a very good pair of gloves and something like the Thermo one piece suit will work well down into the low 20's or even lower as long as you're not doing extended riding. If you're going to be riding for several hours then you are better off going electric heated gear because you tend to get cold creep after 2 hours of riding with non-heated gear at the lower temps. With electric you can dial in you comfort range and there is no cold creep.

If you have any questions let me know. Sometimes the electric gear can be a bit confusing.

r1100rider
11-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I will ride until the snow falls. I dress warm. The only parts of me that gets really cold are my hands. I have a pair of Harley winter gloves. But, they don't do the trick. I got glove lines. But, the Harley gloves are too tight for them to fit. A larger size will have fingers that are too large.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

John
If you go with heated gloves get the liners instead of whole gloves that way you can replace the outer part when you wear them out I just used an old pair of winter gloves that the insulated lining was packed down on trimmed the lining out and put in the electric liners I wear out my gloves pretty fast so this is why I didn't want the whole glove electric